• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Actually one buff I'd like to see on G&W is that if he Up-B's from the ground, he can up-B again while in mid air. So he can do stuff like SHFFL uair ->Up-B - >Uair - Up-B -> w/e, nair, dair, uair again.

But he only gets this if he up-bs of the ground. so his recovery would not be affected in any way.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Actually one buff I'd like to see on G&W is that if he Up-B's from the ground, he can up-B again while in mid air. So he can do stuff like SHFFL uair ->Up-B - >Uair - Up-B -> w/e, nair, dair, uair again.

But he only gets this if he up-bs of the ground. so his recovery would not be affected in any way.
So basically like Vanilla or B+ Lucario?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Y'know, we really don't have to bring you any updates at all if that's what you want :awesome:

Anyways, I apologize for the delay last week. We're trying our best! :)
Very scummy, imo. You can't have a delay and then go "you guys are spoiled (for holding us to expectations)" or "we don't HAVE to do anything". Everyone here appreciates the work put into the project, but not sure if this attitude is necessary.

Just something I noticed.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol, I was just kidding around, Juu-- hence the :awesome:

Again, I apologize for the delay, but when people are doing this out of free time and putting their own regular lives as first priority, these things tend to happen. :/ Not much we can really do about it, but we're trying our best to satisfy the general public with the content we're releasing.

Also, the only time where I said "I hope people aren't getting spoiled from updates" was when someone asked if there was going to be another Demo 2.5 Roster Reveal the next day after Squirtle was revealed. I thought that asking for a little too much of us since making updates, writeups, videos, and then coding stuff onto the site takes a lot of work! Again, we try our best to help bring the hype and satisfy all of you-- be patient with us! :)

Oh, and sorry if I come off as scummy :( That really is not my intention! Sorry!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The parachute is not a better move for G&W's success, but it is a more satisfying move to land.

I quit G&W when Brawl came out because his attacking parachute was missing.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
No, it's all good. The tone struck me as odd is the only thing. I think that everyone who has followed the project (or even people who just jumped on board) loves you guys and what you've done to improve smash for a large base of players, both tournament level and not.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Lol, I was just kidding around, Juu-- hence the :awesome:

Again, I apologize for the delay, but when people are doing this out of free time and putting their own regular lives as first priority, these things tend to happen. :/ Not much we can really do about it, but we're trying our best to satisfy the general public with the content we're releasing.

Also, the only time where I said "I hope people aren't getting spoiled from updates" was when someone asked if there was going to be another Demo 2.5 Roster Reveal the next day after Squirtle was revealed. I thought that asking for a little too much of us since making updates, writeups, videos, and then coding stuff onto the site takes a lot of work! Again, we try our best to help bring the hype and satisfy all of you-- be patient with us! :)

Oh, and sorry if I come off as scummy :( That really is not my intention! Sorry!!
I understand. Priorities definitely come first, and I still would understand even if you didn't post updates for us. Just from knowing that you're hard at work on the project is more than enough for my support, and we all have 2.1 to enjoy until it comes out...right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
NO! Magus worked his magic, all 2.1 and prior versions are now broken and we must grovel OH SO LOWLY GROVELING at their feet until 2.5 comes out

`dazrin

Smash Champion
No, it's all good. The tone struck me as odd is the only thing. I think that everyone who has followed the project (or even people who just jumped on board) loves you guys and what you've done to improve smash for a large base of players, both tournament level and not.
I'll try to keep that kind of thing to a minimum then :) Sorry once again!

Daze for public relations manager 2012

#ToonBias

:phone:
Yo, I claim no titles except for being the PMBR's official spammer-- both in game, and out :awesome:

I understand. Priorities definitely come first, and I still would understand even if you didn't post updates for us. Just from knowing that you're hard at work on the project is more than enough for my support, and we all have 2.1 to enjoy until it comes out...right?
Thanks a ton; the patience is very, very much appreciated :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Because Demo 3 will be a bigger thing.

Also, if any of you ever meet Daze IRL, you'll realize he may in fact be the nicest guy in the world.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Why is it called 2.5 and not demo 3, like it should be?
Im assuming Demo 3 is meant to be the final Beta stage before the Final release. Meaning it would likely have most or all characters. Where the final stage is intended to find final bugs, glitches, imbalances, etc. On a mass scale, ie the public.

Then the Final Release will be well... the final release lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean I won, but I'm not that good. Thanks for your support guys!

vs

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME THE BEARER OF NEWS! WHYYYYYYYYY

I think no one wins and I vote Wario

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i could imagine this thread being like, a dimly lit room in a sewer like in the teenage mutant ninja turtles and occasionally the pmbr would talk to us on the phone or on some sort of monitor screen to tell us about streans and stuff instead of confronting us because they don't feel like it and they just ask daze to actually go down the ladder into the sewer to deliver us news and we just hiss at him and scratch at him and scare him away.

basically daze = april o'neil

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Now imagine if the Turtles were actually a bunch of different colored Wario's.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
i could imagine this thread being like, a dimly lit room in a sewer like in the teenage mutant ninja turtles and occasionally the pmbr would talk to us on the phone or on some sort of monitor screen to tell us about streans and stuff instead of confronting us because they don't feel like it and they just ask daze to actually go down the ladder into the sewer to deliver us news and we just hiss at him and scratch at him and scare him away.

basically daze = april o'neil
I laughed harder at this than I should've xD

Also, Metroid is a suuuuper nice and awesome dude-- I don't know what you guys are talking about :)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
If anyone happens to be at AkiCon in washington this saturday, my friends and i are going to try and run a 'showcase' of project m to introduce it to casuals

We'll be running it anywhere from 11am to 5pm, for maybe 2 hours or so

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wooooooooooooow you guys. I can be a total **** in-game when I play friendlies, you guys have no idea haha. For kills, I always go "I know what I want!" and try going for that as much as possible (reverse BAir -> knee with Falcon, running FSmash spam with Falco, DSmash spikes with Charizard, etc.).

Also, Metroid is a suuuuper nice and awesome dude-- I don't know what you guys are talking about :)
Thanks man, I think you're super nice as well and doing a great job representing the PMBR. Too bad we're so far away from each other, it'd be nice to meet you in real life :(.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yo guys, while this is sorta unrelated to P:M, it's still Smash. Melee has a chance at being at Evo 2013 if you vote for it here! The votes are currently well above 300, placing Melee at least (last I checked anyway) 10thish or so, getting close to beating SCV and MK9 (Melee's already overtaken SFxT!)

So if you wanna see Melee at Evo, vote for it, even if it's not P:M Melee is still obviously just as good!

Life

Smash Hero
Actually Melee is strictly worse than PM. :troll:

Brawl's on there too but it's got like half the votes. FWIW. You can vote for both. I know I did. (And Divekick.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom