• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yes and it was lame because he just made his wii clock forward to Saturday and only play on smashville so it would have the Saturday concert songs. There were songs by the megas and stuff that he said was supposed to have people karaoke to but no one knew the lyrics

:phone:
It was awesome and you know it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't think anyone wants that. Vist though...

On topic, we now have dedicated character forums on smashmods for the new characters as they are announced for all your wild speculation needs!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Game and Watch felt a lot better in the build I played with Reflex in the wee hours before Retribution.

If the build stays even remotely similar to then, I think I would main him again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What changes/differences? Better be his old Dthrow, Nair bigger, etc

Revven

FrankerZ
how come GaW doesn't have the bair from brawl?

man GaW is still so bad. Sad life.

His upb should have the parachute so it's less poop
G&W really isn't that bad. But it's whatever anyway because he's receiving very beneficial tweaks to him for 2.5.

And even if he had Bair with the exact same stats from Brawl, half of the reason it was any good in Brawl was because of non-tumble being unDIable... so it was super good at low %s generally, but then was really pointless at higher %s.

And the shield pressure on it is basically the same between both Melee and Brawl anyway so... he's not really losing much there at all. Especially since now he can actually L-cancel Bair unlike Melee.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W really isn't that bad. But it's whatever anyway because he's receiving very beneficial tweaks to him for 2.5.
Well to be fair, you compare G&W with other characters and there aren't many he is better than. Compare him to the Melee tier list for example. People near the bottom got some solid buffs, and a lot of characters near him in Melee also aren't in yet. No Pichu Roy M2 Kirby Yoshi.

Other characters around that area got noticeable buffs. Bowser Zelda Link stand out the most, DK Luigi got some things, then obv Mario and even Pika got the QAC stuff.

You look at Brawl characters that are added, and again most of them are clearly better. The only questionable 3 I think would be Charizard Wario and Ness. Wario could literally fart his way to a spot better than G&W if he had to.

In the grand scheme of things, compared to solid Melee characters, compared to the buffs that other people have gotten, he's not really doing that good. It's very likely that Ivy and Squirtle will be better than him too. He's an obvious candidate for bottom 5 as the game is right now. Whether he's an average character going against amazing characters, or a struggling character to begin with, he looks and is quite bad compared to everyone else. There are a few changes I personally would do to break him free of that spot, one important one being give him the old Dthrow back/give him the old Uthrow Dthrow throw game he had. Another one possibly buffing his horizontal drift after using Upb or letting him angle it to the side a bit more. Making Nair a bit bigger, just small stuff. I am looking forward to whatever he gets in 2.5, I honestly hope one of them is the old Dthrow. It feels much better than the current one, gave him more mixups and combo options on the cast in general, etc

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
G&W is bad, and changing his throws is not going to suddenly fix him. If anything you should remove all the animation differences between forward throw, up throw and back throw and make the mixup between those.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I friggen knew Wario opened pandora's box, and they said my thread for A+B moves on smashmods was stupid....

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
where is all this g&w hate coming from? he's a masterful spacing character, and has several utilities for combos and for defense. although i do agree that there should be no visual difference between his throws, he should also have less lag on his up special to facilitate vertical combos. like grounded up special into uair/nair/side special

McNinja

Smash Ace
How much was done to Pit? I'm not asking for specifics, I just want to know if they changed him a lot or not.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
G&W is substantially better now.

Why I'm so sure? Magus did some tweaks to him, and you know that when magus does things, it's good.
I hope so. The only change I've heard about so far are that his Side-B was buffed to do more damage with the low numbers. But that doesn't change the fact that the move is still RNG based. Which isn't fun or competitive. And the move will probably still have the same *** hitbox, covering a space 3 other G&W moves cover.

Still, I hope you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom