• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
If you want Melee costumes there are plenty on the BrawlVault. It'll take maybe 5 minutes and then it won't be forced on people. Textures and such are an optional part of the game right now and they should stay that way.
Most melee vertexes at the moment have renamed bones and will not be accurately playing project M. Until imported models are made for everyone that do not alter any bones or hurtboxes of the characters, it's not a simple matter of "just go on BrawlVault."

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
most people on brawl vault tell you if the vertex is "safe". but if they don't a quick easy way to test it is to (assuming you don't know how to look in brawl box and tell and you use the replay version of P:M) take the vertex put it on the character and run that character through a replay that you already have. if the match plays all the way through then the vertex is most likley safe.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dunno, the control stick location on the CCPro throws me off a lot :/

Also, on wiimote-nunchuck. You can't set dpad to smashes. WHY. It's possible in Brawl, I don't see why anyone would change it, and wiichuck becomes SO much more viable when you're able to do so. I'm not able to play P:M in tournaments unless the Wii already has my name in from Brawl because of this :(

Please fix.

:059:
Steps 1-4 are a one time thing. Once you have your name on your Wiimote, you never have to do it again, unless you overwrite the name stored on the Wiimote.
1. Boot Brawl
2. Create Control Scheme
3. Save Control Scheme
4. Save Control Scheme to Wiimote

5. Load P:M setup/go to new P:M set up
6. Go to Options
7. Go to controls
8. Press + on Wiimote
9. Transfer name (and settings)
10. ????
11. PROFIT!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It still streamlines the whole name process if you use CCPro/CC/Wiichuck/Wiimote. :V

Instead of making names and changing settings, just port your name.

GGs.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
CCP is pretty boss. The ZL button and non-analogue L/R buttons don't hurt either.

I have trouble dash dancing with it though.
I feel like the L and R buttons being switched with the ZL and ZR buttons throws me off a little, that's why I have L & R working as a GC Controller's Z would while ZR works as R would since they're in the same spots. ZL is set to Up-Taunt.

Plus x & a are my jump buttons, b is my normal attack button and y is my special button.

it honestly works very well, and it's a lot easier to hit ZR for L-Canceling since it goes down softer and faster than the shoulder buttons for the Gamecube Controller.

My one and only gripe with the CCP is that now that I've gotten so used to it and play so well with it, playing with a Gamecube Controller feels incredibly weird and clunky. XD;

@Neko

Call me a noob since I've never had to do this since I didn't use CCP until P:M came out, but you can save names to your Wiimote and transfer them? O_o

Edit: Wow. I just did it in Options, but man I NEVER noticed that there before. XD;

That's going to make things SO much easier when I can finally travel around and fight people.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
is it possible for new names to be at the top of the names list instead of having to scroll all the way to the bottom?

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
And time for some speculation!

Only 8 characters not confirmed for the game now:

Melee:
Samus
Ice Climbers
Yoshi
Kirby

Brawl:
Zero Suit Samus
Metaknight
Diddy Kong
Olimar

Zero Suit was finished back when 2.1 came out but as far as we were told did not make the cut because Samus was not finished. So if, among other things, Samus's double jump has been fixed I think Samus and Zero Suit will be in 2.5. It would not surprise me if Metaknight and Yoshi made the cut as well. So i'm guessing 35 characters in demo 2.5, 4 on the bench until 3.0.

But that is just me being hopeful.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i really wanna see mk unchanged in p:m, just to see how brawl mk does in a melee setting.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Yeah. Transfering names is pretty neat.

It works for all types of settings. Including GC ones (but who changes their settings outside tap jump?)
After I switched to GC from Wiichuk I changed R to grab. I use L for all dodging and shielding and my index finger doesn't like to rest on Z, so I just mapped grab to R as well. It's weird how little of the controller I use after having used a wiichik for so long. I think I barely ever use the Y button or C-stick

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Looked into one of the YouTube comments that Kirby's gonna take long while to finish up.

So I'm gonna call it. Kirby will be top/broken tier.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Looked into one of the YouTube comments that Kirby's gonna take long while to finish up.

So I'm gonna call it. Kirby will be top/broken tier.
Eh, no.

I believe it has something to do with all other character Kirby hats having to be finilized first.

Although I wouldn't mind Kirby being good.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
kirbys 64 dair and utilt would honestly be fine as long as they did like no shield damage. the shield damage is what made them stupid really.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uh, what made them stupid was the stun. Utilt spam on Shield no options lol

Revven

FrankerZ
64 hitstun is what made those moves good (aside from ridiculous hitbox sizes), can't change hitstun on individual moves though anyway (knockback is the only way to affect hitstun in any way).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Zero Suit was finished back when 2.1 came out but as far as we were told did not make the cut because Samus was not finished. So if, among other things, Samus's double jump has been fixed I think Samus and Zero Suit will be in 2.5.
They could just make it so ZSS's FS doesn't cause her to transform into Samus.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
how come GaW doesn't have the bair from brawl?

man GaW is still so bad. Sad life.

His upb should have the parachute so it's less poop

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I am very sure that you can do this in 2.1. Go try it out. :p
It wasn't in the alpha last time I checked (in like... September), which was weird because I remember it being fixed for 2.1 lol. I'll look at both again next chance I get.

@ saving controls to the wiimote, screw that. If everyone else gets to type in their tags I want to do the same. Equal opportunity and all that :p

:059:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
GaW's Up B needs to not destroy all of his momentum at the peak of it. It's really tragic to watch.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes and it was lame because he just made his wii clock forward to Saturday and only play on smashville so it would have the Saturday concert songs. There were songs by the megas and stuff that he said was supposed to have people karaoke to but no one knew the lyrics

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom