• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd actually say utilt isn't as good as it was in brawl, due to non-tumble DI being back, and fatigue being out, making it easier to DI out of locks.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
So was Squirtle the big announcement JCaesar was talking about? Or is there going to be another update tomorrow too?!

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
I'm not disappointed or anything. I was just curious since he said the update wouldn't be until tomorrow.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I was asking earlier because I was curious. But I'm so ready for Squirtle. Crouching under everything, Shell-shifting, being adorable. So. Ready.

Bubble looks kinda weird on stage but off stage he basically gets a disjointed attack with Fox's shine knockback haha.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I never thought I appeared/sounded non-black lol. Rat talks similarly to me on IRC, and I thought he was black but I turned out to be wrong. But w/e.

Probably gonna toy around with squirtle tomorrow afternoon and broadcast the Lab live and we can toy around together!

Maybe.

idk.

:V

B.W.

Smash Champion
The name GHNeko doesn't sound like a black person screen name.

9kplus1 does because for some reason I'm always under the impression that black people love DBZ.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Squirtle looks like Falcon, Sonic, Pichu and fox all did the fusion dance and became one highly mobile, gimping machine.

Awesome.

iLink

Smash Champion
how much armor do his shell attacks have exactly? A mobile hitbox that you can combo out of while having armor sounds annoying as hell lol.

:phone:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Cmart on the stream said 4% armor for non-smash shellmoves and 12% armour for the smash moves.

So a projectile or attack that does more then 4% DMG will still stop Squirtle during his sideB is what I gathered from the stream. So something like Link's bomb would stop him but Falco's laser or Pit's arrow or a measly jab wouldn't.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Do the individual hits of Tink's bomb do more than 4%? That would be required for Tink's bomb to knock him out of that. Multiple hits of less than 4% a piece won't do it no matter how many of them there are.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You forgot about Peach, Lucas, and Luigi
I don't see the peach in him, but i do see the luigi.

Once Squirt comes out I'm just going to practice running circles around my opponents until they mess up and I get a free Tech chase > trip > tech chase> pick up >kill. Like Falcon on Ice.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Squirtle looks amazingly S-tier and nobody has touched him yet. Although I'm sure he has at least 1 major weakness somewhere. Look forward to finding it.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Squirtle looks amazingly S-tier and nobody has touched him yet. Although I'm sure he has at least 1 major weakness somewhere. Look forward to finding it.
I predict it has to do with his ridiculously low weight and limited vertical recovery. If he can't get back off of his air speed, side b and aquajet thing, I think he'll be pretty free to edgeguard.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Roy never wanted to stay in his Pokeball... I think he swam too much in the Grimer infested water in Celadon City.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't have any range.
You're excluding his USmash, DSmash, NB, Down B and Up B, right?
All of those moves look like excellent disjoints (especially USmash, just look at that ****er it's like two Marths using their USmash to protect Squirtle whilst having a hit box from the beginning of the move)

Also he looks like he can easily get around that "weakness" with his superb mobility. He definitely looks like S tier material, but then again we still haven't had the time to experiment against him.

metroid1117

Smash Master
For people saying that Squirtle doesn't have any range, I suggest checking out this video (1:39, in particular). Range isn't just how far a character's hitbox extends - it's basically the distance at which you can be hit by that character. With his mobility, Squirtle looks like he has a lot of range.

EDIT: By the way, I HIGHLY recommend watching the above video even if you think Squirtle has a lot of range. It's a fantastic video that outlines one of the most important aspects of Smash.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
For people saying that Squirtle doesn't have any range, I suggest checking out this video (1:39, in particular). Range isn't just how far a character's hitbox extends - it's basically the distance at which you can be hit by that character. With his mobility, Squirtle looks like he has a lot of range.
Reach is what he lacks, not range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom