• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Could Melee GaW tech chase on everyone though? That's something his Brawl dthrow affords him, that's for sure. Idk if his melee one could do it, but if not, that would be one advantage of it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'd much rather have one that Tech Chases or Chain Grabs. Tech chasing floaties isn't worth losing combos into killers.

Like imagine if Falcon didn't have his lolbraindead D-throw that gives you five years to react to DI and either autocombo into Knee or dash dance to easymode tech chase on reaction.

That's like what Game and Watch's D-throw almost is in Melee. It isn't, but it almost is. The main difference being less time to react to DI due to more end lag on the throw from release than Falcon has.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hey everybody, just wanted to let everybody know that the next video will be delayed. Getting everything ready has taken longer than originally planned, so it'll have to wait for a bit. We don't have an ETA at the moment, unfortunately, so you may proceed to live your lives as normal in the meanwhile.

Thanks for your patience!

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody, just wanted to let everybody know that the next video will be delayed. Getting everything ready has taken longer than originally planned, so it'll have to wait for a bit. We don't have an ETA at the moment, unfortunately, so you may proceed to live your lives as normal in the meanwhile.

Thanks for your patience!
So delayed as in...not today?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Game and Watch doesn't have his almost good Melee D-throw though. He has the dumb Brawl one. So now instead of Chain Grabbing or Tech Chasing, it just tech chases.
Yeah I meant the Melee one.

Could Melee GaW tech chase on everyone though? That's something his Brawl dthrow affords him, that's for sure. Idk if his melee one could do it, but if not, that would be one advantage of it.
The Melee Dthrow was better because you could CG with it, and get free hits literally easier than a tech chase. Trust me I want them to revert it whenever possible BACK to the Melee one.

I'd much rather have one that Tech Chases or Chain Grabs. Tech chasing floaties isn't worth losing combos into killers.

Like imagine if Falcon didn't have his lolbraindead D-throw that gives you five years to react to DI and either autocombo into Knee or dash dance to easymode tech chase on reaction.

That's like what Game and Watch's D-throw almost is in Melee. It isn't, but it almost is. The main difference being less time to react to DI due to more end lag on the throw from release than Falcon has.
It's also different because they could DI in front or behind G^W. His Dthrow was basically a Mario Dthrow, which is AMAZING. This current Dthrow sucks.

That doesn't make sense since everyone thinks Marth is a bad character
People are stupid and think he's bad because people are picking up easier stuff/different characters. IKE

try u-throw
UTHROW

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i don't remember where exactly but i read that gdubs' UTHROW in p:m is the same as his dthrow in melee. it might have been smashmod forums or something other idk but it's worth trying.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I finally got Project m running! Whooooooooooooo yyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh!
I was running around in my basement screaming and jumping with joy when I saw the screen say project m.

Time to get really good...

If only I was already way better at Melee techs. ; _ ;

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I was running around in my basement screaming and jumping with joy when I saw the screen say project m.

You're almost 2 years late bro, but I'm glad you got it running :)

metroid1117

Smash Master

Your elation reminds me of the first time I got Brawl+ running on my Wii :).

By the way, what do you guys think the update will be? Since it's a video and since he was teased in the Ivysaur trailer, I think it's a safe bet that it's going to be a Squirtle trailer.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i don't remember where exactly but i read that gdubs' UTHROW in p:m is the same as his dthrow in melee. it might have been smashmod forums or something other idk but it's worth trying.
I don't think that's the case. The old Dthrow was literally like a Mario Dthrow. Bounced them straight up, they could DI left or right to bounce those ways no teching obv. It gave him a great option vs floaties because he could do Dthrow Nair/Fair/etc. Vs fast fallers it gave him a CG at certain %'s and also the free hit. His Uthrow was like a Mario Uthrow, and is still basically that. Maybe they lowered how high it sends people.

Either way, the current G^W Dthrow is a nerf. Even if it did a ton of damage like Bowser Dthrow, the ability to CG or lead it into free Nair/aerial was stronger. Given his actual grabbing capability, it's not like you're giving him Ike/Marth grab range or a nice JC grab range. I'd like to see his Dthrow reverted back to Melee if possible because it was a great throw and worked well in tangent with Uthrow for covering a lot of %'s and characters you could combo them with.

Charizard's Dthrow should also probably be changed. Dthrows that make sense, without giving a ton of combo options or free hits, are throws like DK or Bowser Dthrow. Those "fit" and make more sense than an immediate flooring Dthrow imo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Since we are on the topic of throws, is there something more interesting we can do with Ike's Dthrow? It's like a backwards Shiek Dthrow (the new one/PAL).

metroid1117

Smash Master
Fox and Falco can keep their ****ty tech chase D-throws; they don't need good ones.
With sticky teching, I think Fox and Falco's DThrows can be quite good once people start practicing tech chasing on reaction since opponents can't go as far as they do in Melee.

By the way, has anyone else seen that video of a Japanese Fox spamming DThrow on a Jiggs? I don't remember where I saw it, but the Fox basically kept doing DThrow -> UTilt to cover the tech-in-place and would run to cover the techroll on reaction since Jiggs' roll is so bad (in Melee, her tech-roll forward is a couple of units worse than Pikachu's but her tech-roll backward seems average, according to Magus).

Since we are on the topic of throws, is there something more interesting we can do with Ike's Dthrow? It's like a backwards Shiek Dthrow (the new one/PAL).
I don't really think his DThrow needs to be changed, but what do you have in mind? I guess his vBrawl DThrow would be interesting, but it seems too similar to his UThrow.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would give him more throw lag/make him have to wait a bit more, or increase the throw distance/scaling. It keeps people fairly close to him, even if they DI away, and he moves quick enough out of it that doing anything but DI away is basically pointless.

I just compare it to, say Wario Dthrow which is quite sad compared to his, and it just feels again basically like a backwards Shiek Dthrow.

It's more noticeably on floaty characters. If you Dthrow say Falcon, DI away and going straight into tech options is fine. But DI away on some of the floaties just gets you dash attacked or still hit because you can't get to the ground quick enough. DI towards or no DI on the throw... gets you regrabbed, Bair'd, Ftilted, etc

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah I really have no idea why G&W's dthrow was changed, it definitely feels like a nerf to me. :s

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I used to be able to CG Link until like.. 50 with it G&W's Melee dthrow.

I don't really play GDubs though so eh.

Did you guys hear about how Youtube is starting a streaming service? I know that doesn't sound all that amazing, but it can be a really good way to more get people to know about Project M. A lot more people go to Youtube as opposed to Twitch or UStream. Food for thought.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah I really have no idea why G&W's dthrow was changed, it definitely feels like a nerf to me. :s
It's not a nerf when if you actually use his DACUS to follow through as a techchase for an amazingly low KO.

And yes, Uthrow is pretty damn near close to Melee Dthrow in functionality BTW.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's not a nerf when if you actually use his DACUS to follow through as a techchase for an amazingly low KO.

And yes, Uthrow is pretty damn near close to Melee Dthrow in functionality BTW.
That requires a read and it's primarily for KO'ing purposes, though. His old dthrow had a lot of guaranteed set-ups (low% cg, throw -> aerial) and I don't think G&W has a problem with KO'ing.

I must admit I haven't really played around with G&W's uthrow, though, if it does work like that then it's neat, but then again it also makes him lose a higher % cg on spacies. :x

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I don't know if it's better in 2.5 (didn't use it when I played with Reflex on Sat morning) but a lot of characters were able to jump out in 2.1. It was not good.

There are a few setups for DACUS for GnW in 2.1., but dthrow was not really one of them. I don't believe anyone who plays GnW extensively would mind keeping all of his throws back from Melee, haha. But, idk. Only like 6 people play Game and Watch in this game anyway.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't know if it's better in 2.5 (didn't use it when I played with Reflex on Sat morning) but a lot of characters were able to jump out in 2.1. It was not good.

There are a few setups for DACUS for GnW in 2.1., but dthrow was not really one of them. I don't believe anyone who plays GnW extensively would mind keeping all of his throws back from Melee, haha. But, idk. Only like 6 people play Game and Watch in this game anyway.
Sadly, I can name a couple characters that have less mains. (to my knowledge)

Unless you mean overall players, (mains/secondaries) cuz that'd be sad if that's what you ment...

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me the music used on FD in this match: http://youtu.be/NgD7Op53_zA
That is "Crisis" from Xenoblade Chronicles. JCaesar has good taste in music when it comes to Xenoblade.

And for the purpose of staying on topic, I'm personally hoping one of the new updates will be about the new stages. That competitive Norfair that I think Monk was working on needs to be put in. It looked like a really interesting stage layout when I saw the preview a long time ago.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Axcel made a more competition friendly Norfair as well. It's like an elongated battlefield with a hole in the central platform. Looks like it'll make for amazing edge-platform play. I think PMBR should take a good look at it tbh.

EDIT: I, too, am looking forward to stage changes. Helps keep the game feeling fresh.

abcool

Smash Ace
Thanks A lot, Sir Combee. I hope they announce a new character and talk about phyiscs changes because waiting all week just to see a new character and not knowing what changed with the game engine isn't really as hyped as it should be. Back then they made both public not just characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom