• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Charizard's up-throw is literally a psuedo Metaknight/Kirby up-throw. Why are you complaining about it? It does decent knockback at higher %'s and can help get kills when you get the grab on a higher platformed area.
I didnt read the convo leading up to this post, but its seismic toss which was added b/c of the pokemon anime. A move that in the anime was often a knockout move, so why isn't it a kill throw in this game?

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It doesn't seem to work as well without a poorly drawn avatar. I'm used to your concise and/or witty/clever responses. With dingding, I can just imagine this atrocious-looking DDD saying stuff like that.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I didnt read the convo leading up to this post, but its seismic toss which was added b/c of the pokemon anime. A move that in the anime was often a knockout move, so why isn't it a kill throw in this game?

Squirtle's Water Gun is a water type from the Pokemon game, yet... it doesn't do damage....
Lucario's double team is suppose to increase his atk. speed and yet, it's a counter in vBrawl.

There's a lot of things that would "make sense" if a person designed a character a certain way, but the fact of the matter is that Charizard's seismic toss was not designed to be a knockout move. Your argument holds no weight considering there are many anomalies within characters move that doesn't exist.

tl;dr; Just because a move was something from one game does not mean it has to be the same thing in another.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Just because a move was something from one game does not mean it has to be the same thing in another.
this x1000000.

I hope this doesn't start another argument over incorporating canon... But I guess that would be better than Ike johns.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
U-throw being a trashy trashy move with little reward regarding either linking or kinking is really just silly design though. It's strictly just worse to use as a move than any of his other throws in nearly every circumstance.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Squirtle's Water Gun is a water type from the Pokemon game, yet... it doesn't do damage....
Lucario's double team is suppose to increase his atk. speed and yet, it's a counter in vBrawl.

There's a lot of things that would "make sense" if a person designed a character a certain way, but the fact of the matter is that Charizard's seismic toss was not designed to be a knockout move. Your argument holds no weight considering there are many anomalies within characters move that doesn't exist.

tl;dr; Just because a move was something from one game does not mean it has to be the same thing in another.

???

Double Team increases Evasion. It makes perfect sense in both Brawl and P:M.

Charizard's uthrow could be improved easily. Take out Seismic Toss and give him something different. Sure it looks cool, but you look at that throw compared to Mario, Marth, Ike, heck even DK's regular Uthrow might be better than this throw despite being 5 times worse than cargo Uthrow lol.

Mario should shoot two fireballs
Peach shouldn't pull items from the Mother game
And uh... captain falcon... should... uh.. captain

Idk

Incorporating canon has a tendency to mess things up.
Captain Falcon does captain. You should see his Yacht fleet.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you could give seismic toss a cool mechanic like for every 15 secs you stay alive, it does 1% more. so for every min you stay alive it gives 4%. average stocks must be 1-2 mins, so make it like 8-9% base and give it a cool game related throwback (leveling up = greater damage for those that dont know)

McNinja

Smash Ace
you could give seismic toss a cool mechanic like for every 15 secs you stay alive, it does 1% more. so for every min you stay alive it gives 4%. average stocks must be 1-2 mins, so make it like 8-9% base and give it a cool game related throwback (leveling up = greater damage for those that dont know)
I approve this idea. Idk how easy it would be to code, but it is an interesting idea nevertheless.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really felt like I got noticeably better practicing with friends today. Haven't felt that in a smash game in awhile, feels good :p.

iLink

Smash Champion
I still think it would be cool if zard's uthrow would instead do like a ground bounce and set up for juggles and holding a button would instead make it a slightly buffed version of the one he has now in terms of KB so its an actually KO throw.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I hate to bring up Ike again, but I was tossing this around in my brain, and I wanted more opinions on it; note this isn't a suggestion, more of a question. Someone was discussing earlier that Ike should have more appreciable differences in his sword sweetspot and sourspots than just small angle and smaller knockback differences. Say we gave him something like marth- Powerful at the tip and weak up close (but scaled both scaled up as Ike tends to be stronger than marth). Would this be a buff, nerf, or neither? Athough it would allow him to combo better, Ike doesn't really NEED to combo better- that's covered by his early killing and ability to carry the opponent across the stage easily. But what he would lose out in that is the ability to easily kill opponents early with the sourspot of his sword, something he can do now. But if he gained the ability to combo to higher percents more easily, something now less possible because high knockback on a lot of his moves, would he need to kill quite so early?
Again, I'm not asking for a change to Ike, although I do wish there was a little more depth to Ike (I main him, and it doesn't seem like there's very far to go with him...).

MaxThunder

PM Support
could possibly be stronger on the middle of the sword just ti differentiate... though that wouldn't really make sense for a sword...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
could possibly be stronger on the middle of the sword just ti differentiate... though that wouldn't really make sense for a sword...
No thx... mewtwo had really awkward sweetspots iirc, like in the middle of his tail... not something I'd want duplicated, just because of its oddity, even if Ike could make it work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom