• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wario's Up-B is frame 6. Is Bowser's Up-B still frame 5?
Not 100% sure, but I was under the impression that his starting frames had invincibility. Not sure which frames or for how long.

This is why I need all of PM's frame data!

Omni

BRoomer
Wario should have the ability to fart during up+b. That'd be sick.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Yeah, I get what you're saying.

A frame 7 jab when so many other chars have a frame 2 or 3 jab? Lolz, a grab is usually 6-7 frames. That means you can grab DDD's jab if done at the same time. That's horrible, because jabs are oftentimes used to interrupt grab mix-ups.

Example: Falcon ditto. One Falcon attempts to jab > grab the other, but in between the two attacks, the second Falcon jabs the first one back to foil the grab attempt.

DDD can't even do this basic thing. Having to depend on.......Jet Hammer as a faster option than jab is just sad, considering how much lag that thing has.

Edit: Looking at the whole roster, I think (don't quote me on this) that DDD has the slowest jab in P:M right now. If not, then it's definitely one of them. Maybe Marth's is slower. Idk...
(quoted anyway)

Zelda has a 10 frame jab

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I upthrow all the time thinking he'll just toss them up so I can start a juggle then I'm like what the **** this move is ********

:phone:

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
all I know is that I've never killed anyone with it and I've never followed anything up with it and it gives me absolutely no positional advantage

iLink

Smash Champion
I normally don't use uthrow unless there's a platform above me or if I know it'll kill.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
The problem with the move is that you have a ton of time to see which way you should DI the move and the move allows a LOT of DI. The throw certainly does have good KB at high %'s, but it's so darn easy to avoid death from it. Zard scoops you up and during that time, just take a gander around. Oh, the vertical blastzone seems really high. Let me hold towards Zard so I go mostly just up. Oh, those sides seem really far away. Let me hold away from Zard and go over there. Oh dang, I might die this time. The blastzones aren't really that good this time. Doesn't matter. I can DI the move so I end up perfectly in the corner of the blastzones every single time. :facepalm:

Omni

BRoomer
So then use it when you need to force someone to tech on a platform that's higher than most platforms i.e. BF's highest platform.

The move is only useless if you don't know how to use it.

Going against a character that has bad positioning when they're above? Up-throw! Against fast fallers at low %'s? Baits!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
what's the point of Charizard's up throw?

It does more damage than his other throws and puts the opponent either above Charizard, allowing him to control their descent, or way off to the side, which gives him a lot more stage to work with.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also, whats with the change to Toon Link's up-b? Why make it so bad lol.

And Pit's up-b, dafuq is that.
Pit's up-b has a disjointed killing hitbox above it and can safely sweetspot the ledge already, which is more than some characters can say. Pit's recovery is largely focused on his glide, and using Up-B out of it yields some, erm, interesting recovery momentum.

Toon Link's up B is also a kill move and can be combined with bombs to take 12% in order to recover. Or more increments of 12% to recover more.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
So then use it when you need to force someone to tech on a platform that's higher than most platforms i.e. BF's highest platform.

The move is only useless if you don't know how to use it.
Force someone to tech? Omni, have you ever played Charizard? Like, seriously? His uthrow doesn't force anything to tech. The move gives him no advantage whatsoever until mid %'s when they start ending up a good distance above or in front of Charizard.

Going against a character that has bad positioning when they're above? Up-throw! Against fast fallers at low %'s? Baits!
Someone else made this positioning argument a while ago and I'll say the same thing now that I did then. I'd rather go for the TC (dthrow) or the horizontal gimp setup (side throws) in nearly any situation. It doesn't work at low %'s or against fast fallers as a setup of any sort because Charizard bounces backwards from where he impacted off the ground, so he's awkwardly in the air in no position to follow up at all.

MaxThunder

PM Support
my internet connection is now limited to this site... no matter what i do, i can't access rest of internet... no irc, no other site, nothing...

zard's up-throw is pretty dumb... you mostly wouldn't be able to use it to force someone to tech on a high platform... cause they can DI away from it and not have to tech... could work sometimes, though...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Actually I'm pretty sure magus or someone detailed the changes to pit's glide momentum issues just before or just after the patch. I don't feel like digging it up tbh tho.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
mabe most upthows should thro ppl hi
but more hittsuns den oter trhows

so then u don deth combo ppl to deth but u get garnted free uair or nar if ur fast enuf
except on big brusers lik zard an booser, they cud just hav hi damag puthrows
kind like zrad arldy hsa

McNinja

Smash Ace
mabe most upthows should thro ppl hi
but more hittsuns den oter trhows

so then u don deth combo ppl to deth but u get garnted free uair or nar if ur fast enuf
except on big brusers lik zard an booser, they cud just hav hi damag puthrows
kind like zrad arldy has
I tried running this through a translator, but it didn't work. Can I get an english version of this?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Y'know, that's a good idea. Uthrows should have a little higher BKB so that uthrow CGs are less prominent on FF'ers. In return, they'd get more hitstun to work with for combos and such. These uthrows could also have lower KBG so that they could remain as reliable combo starters or KO setups without being simple kill moves by themselves.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You don't even know what goes through my head when it comes to breaking the mold and pushing the limits.

Just wait. 10 years from now.

Da bess fightan gaem.

>Lead Developer and Director: GHNeko

Omni

BRoomer
Charizard's up-throw is literally a psuedo Metaknight/Kirby up-throw. Why are you complaining about it? It does decent knockback at higher %'s and can help get kills when you get the grab on a higher platformed area.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Y'know, that's a good idea. Uthrows should have a little higher BKB so that uthrow CGs are less prominent on FF'ers. In return, they'd get more hitstun to work with for combos and such. These uthrows could also have lower KBG so that they could remain as reliable combo starters or KO setups without being simple kill moves by themselves.
Someone needs to retake algebra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom