• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
As for downsmashing with a turnip, think of this scenario:

Peach is approaching a Falco close to the ledge with a turnip in hand. She hits Falco's shield with a FC aerial to downsmash, piercing his shield, combos him for like 30-60% with just downsmash, then sends Falco flying offstage with the last hit, followed up by throwing a turnip immediately to stop his recovery and hitting him offstage even further, setting up for an easy ledge guard.

So broken and can work on lots of characters. Downsmash combos into itself, pierces shields, sets up for ledgeguards, additional combos, and can kill. It's like... what more could Peach ask for?

:phone:
She can also grab with a turnip so FloatBair means she can frame trap into a shield grab

While still keeping a turnip in hand.

Peach is mad ******** but the things that make her that way are probably going to be removed in future builds : c

RIP ItemGrabbing and ItemSmashing

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I thought pivot grabbing with items was staying in? Mostly because I don't think they plan on adding "pivot item throws". Pivot grabbing with items is only possible because you can't throw backwards out of a run but you can grab backwards out of a run, a la pivot grabbing.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yeah, and that's what I thought you were talking about in your last post- if not, then how are you grabbing with an item if you aren't pivot grabbing?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Doing a turn around standing grab. Pivot grabbing is grabbing during a pivot.

And then there's that Brawl dashturngrab thing.

Would it be possible to have jump canceled turnaround result in your character facing the other way when jumping? Since RARing was already included, it doesn't seem like it would do much if any harm; it would just give an additional level of control over your character to be able to turn around jump from a standing position. If this has already been tested then nevermind.

Also since Nair has such a wide hitbox it seems she can do floatnair turn around grab too.

Also from what I can tell Pit can still do that weird up-B out of glide momentum thing if he does it near the start of the glide. I think it's cool personally.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I hope this doesn't start another argument over incorporating canon... But I guess that would be better than Ike johns.
Wario should kill everything in 1 hit from Shoulder Bash and be able to Cargo Throw while walking at normal speed.

Then maybe people won't consider him weak anymore.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
This has always been what I've heard referred to as a pivot grab- the thing you called the brawl dashturngrab thing. If that's not the case, then I don't know that you can grab during a dash pivot with an item in hand. Regardless, I didn't know you could just pivot and standing grab, and grab with an item... hmm...

Would it be possible to have jump canceled turnaround result in your character facing the other way when jumping? Since RARing was already included, it doesn't seem like it would do much if any harm; it would just give an additional level of control over your character to be able to turn around jump from a standing position. If this has already been tested then nevermind.
... you mean a standing turnaround, a dash pivot, or a running turnaround? because I'm pretty sure jumping as you do either any those results in your character facing the opposite way as you jump...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You can not grab with an item by doing a dashturngrab from any testing I've done. Only during a standing turnaround grab.

N/m about the pit thing, he can do it whenever in a glide as long as he has enough momentum from angling downward first.

... you mean a standing turnaround, a dash pivot, or a running turnaround? because I'm pretty sure jumping as you do either any those results in your character facing the opposite way as you jump...
It does for the latter two, nut not the first. Standing turnaround jump results in your character facing the way they were originally when jumping.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I AM POSTING SOMETHING OF URGENT NEWS.

I have a friend who just picked up Project M for themselves, they've played with with me a number of times before, but never did anything but usual scrubby play ****. No ATs, couldn't even WD and took until our previous play session a few weeks for him to even start thinking of L-Cancelling.

He was basically trying to lab ATs and **** for the first time in any smash game, he didn't really care about taking it to the next level in any smahs game before this. This is basically the first time he's ever tried real ****.

He texts me that he's already figured out AGT/Bomb Jumping. Nobody there to teach him about it, and I only mentioned it to him once before weeks back. And he got it in less than a day.

GET WRECKED KINK-LINK.

No Johns.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Exposed: []
Sexposed in the City: []
MTV Exposed: []
Northern Exposure: []
16 and Exposed: []
Exposedbusters: []
Bill Nye The Exposed Guy: []
Super Smash Bros Exposed: []
****ing Exposed: [X]

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That winky face implies you may be interested in more than just smash...

I AM POSTING SOMETHING OF URGENT NEWS.

I have a friend who just picked up Project M for themselves, they've played with with me a number of times before, but never did anything but usual scrubby play ****. No ATs, couldn't even WD and took until our previous play session a few weeks for him to even start thinking of L-Cancelling.

He was basically trying to lab ATs and **** for the first time in any smash game, he didn't really care about taking it to the next level in any smahs game before this. This is basically the first time he's ever tried real ****.

He texts me that he's already figured out AGT/Bomb Jumping. Nobody there to teach him about it, and I only mentioned it to him once before weeks back. And he got it in less than a day.

GET WRECKED KINK-LINK.

No Johns.
Also, lol
I wish my casual smashmates were dedicated enough to practice alone >.<

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm not the one that saturates my posts with smiley faces. Also chill. It was a joke. Jesus christ, ****ing everything is a personal attack on the internet, apparently.

@cannedbread
don't listen to him, SSB isn't the smash he wants to play with you
Although maybe he wants to smash bros
whether or not it will be super is up to your interpretation

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I don't feel the need to take this any farther- the post I had in mind had a high likelihood of getting me infracted, regardless of its truthfulness.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
And if you aren't able to beat the techs on reaction, it's his worst throw, hands down, because it only occasionally achieves what it's meant to achieve, and often directly results in a 180 degree shift in momentum, a problem other throws never suffer from.
I wouldn't say it's a problem other throws never suffer from. I believe Wario's dthrow causes even worse problems. It doesn't even set up a true TC situation like Zard's does and his ability to TC is even worse than Zard's.

There is more lag than there was in brawl, but you can ADC it from a full-hop and have no lag.
What's "ADC"?

Doing a turn around standing grab. Pivot grabbing is grabbing during a pivot.

And then there's that Brawl dashturngrab thing.
The latter two are both different kinds of pivots. The "pivot grabbing" that you speak of is Melee pivot grabbing and I think it always results in a standing grab but I'm not sure. The "Brawl dashturngrab thing" is Brawl pivot grabbing which is just grabbing in the reverse direction out of a run. I'm not sure, but I think the Melee version has something to do with stutterstepping.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It seems it can refer to either canceling an airdodge with something or using an airdodge to cancel something, as with JC being either canceling something with a jump or canceling a jump into something else. Usually something doesn't have both properties though so it should be perfectly fine to use the same terms in both situations assuming the readers are informed. And if they aren't informed, well, that's what your thread is for.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Brawl pivot grab = turngrab
Melee pivot grab = pivot grab

Project M terminology kidz

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Works for me. Bubbaking, you should make the above distinction in your thread as well. Pivoting causes me enough confusion as it is. We should just use our own term for P:M to avoid confusion to new players as well.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i don't even know what this means, this game is hard and you guys are nerds.
I'm going to take this as a deep personal insult because you didn't use any smiley faces or LOL's in that sentence, and so because of my inability to read context clues, I'm going to assume you were attacking me directly. You're a horrible person, reported, have fun being banned, etc
subtly trolling

Dang I need to stop posting so much nonsense but I can't help it I'm bored and this chemistry is time consuming.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
It seems it can refer to either canceling an airdodge with something or using an airdodge to cancel something, as with JC being either canceling something with a jump or canceling a jump into something else. Usually something doesn't have both properties though so it should be perfectly fine to use the same terms in both situations assuming the readers are informed. And if they aren't informed, well, that's what your thread is for.
Usually.....but then there's the shine which can be cancelled both into a jump and from a jump. :p

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
*sigh* shine doesn't cancel the jump, it cancels upward momentum, which is why you'll insta-land if you do it on the first frame of being airborne. That's what allows double/multi-shines etc*.
*I think

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I wouldn't say it's a problem other throws never suffer from. I believe Wario's dthrow causes even worse problems. It doesn't even set up a true TC situation like Zard's does and his ability to TC is even worse than Zard's.
I meant Zard's other throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom