• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
DACUS window is directly proportional to jumpsquat frames, but does not involve jumping at all, so no, you could not jump from dash attack. Magus can confirm exactly how they're related.

Also I never said what JC grabs are, I said that they aren't in Brawl >_>

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Yes, but you asked why it could be that it grabbed while in the middle of a dash attack, and I gave the components that might make that a possibility. I don't know for sure if the Brawl DACUS input results in a grab, hence I asked if it did not.

I'm not sure where the miscommunication happened from that.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm just confused as to how jump squat is related to DACUS. I know JC grabs are just canceling the jump squat animation with a grab, thus up + Z being a grab. Which brings me to why I didn't think jump squat is related to DACUS or else you wouldn't be able to do the usmash.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Again, Magus knows more about how they're related, but it's a direct correlation with any jumpsqaut faster than like 4 frames? having no DACUS at all and every jumpsquat slower having a DACUS window of Frames(jumpsquat)-4.

Because of the correlation between the two, up+Z acting in all other cases as a grab input, and the presence of DC Grabs, it seems to reason that it would do a grab rather than a U-smash.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I've always DACUS'd with cstick forward.
Same here. It's easier for me.

"Canada sucks...."
"Who have you played against to warrant a conclusion like that?"
"I've played kage"
"so kage sucks... k"
-Is basically the conversation we had.
"I'm clearly trash-talking Canada."
"You're theorycrafting since I don't think you've actually played a Canadian."
"Actually, I have..."
"Really? Who?"
"Kage."
"Oh, so because you say Canada sucks and you've played Kage, then CLEARLY you are inferring that Kage sucks. *trying to trap me*"

THAT is the conversation we had and you can't just assume causality when I say Canada sucks and I've played Kage. It doesn't work that way. Besides, I was obviously joking about Canada sucking.....or was I? :cool:

Also, I'm not saying Canada is better than EC. EC has a ton of amazing players, no doubt.
Well, I'm EC, so that means that my statement is 100% true.
Canada.....sucks. Why do you have to move UP the tier list? We're already at the top.
:smirk:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Alright, this post is for anyone who lives on Long Island and could be extended to anyone who lives in NY, I guess. At Stony Brook University, we have a Super Smash Bros group, which I'm a founder and moderator of, that plays Melee, vBrawl, and P:M regularly. This group has had a Power Rankings for Melee for quite a few years now and added one for vBrawl last year. This semester, for the first time ever, I've opened up a Power Rankings for P:M as well. Basically, what this means is that we will be having a LOT of P:M activity at SBU from now on. We've been playing the mod since day 1 of its release, but now we are starting to play with competitive tournament-like rules and sets. If you're interested, check out this site:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/322235817871532/
Even if you don't wanna join the ladder, you can drop on by for some games and additional P:M (or other Smash games) experience. I'm trying to make P:M really popular on the Island, so I really want this news to get out there. Spread the word! :)

Edit: We also have recording equipment (Dazzle), so we may be able to get matches recorded and stuff.

iLink

Smash Champion
Ganon's already been done. CF also has one but without recolors.
Exact models haven't been ported. The ganon one is only a vertex edit, same as CF. The CF also has a renamed bone or something and causes weird graphical glitches.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Is anyone streaming PM right now? j/w
i'd stream lab play if i could, but man do i dislike 2.1.

Alright, this post is for anyone who lives on Long Island and could be extended to anyone who lives in NY, I guess. At Stony Brook University, we have a Super Smash Bros group, which I'm a founder and moderator of, that plays Melee, vBrawl, and P:M regularly. This group has had a Power Rankings for Melee for quite a few years now and added one for vBrawl last year. This semester, for the first time ever, I've opened up a Power Rankings for P:M as well. Basically, what this means is that we will be having a LOT of P:M activity at SBU from now on. We've been playing the mod since day 1 of its release, but now we are starting to play with competitive tournament-like rules and sets. If you're interested, check out this site:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/322235817871532/
Even if you don't wanna join the ladder, you can drop on by for some games and additional P:M (or other Smash games) experience. I'm trying to make P:M really popular on the Island, so I really want this news to get out there. Spread the word! :)

Edit: We also have recording equipment (Dazzle), so we may be able to get matches recorded and stuff.
i wanna talk to you about your P:M CP system. PM me for info plz

iLink

Smash Champion
Can't Ness JC the PSI magnet after he absorbs something? I haven't messed around with ness enough but I thought he could.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well I know Lucas can JC PSI Magnet on command, but I was under the impression that Ness could too but only after he absorbed something. I remember someone mentioning it but I might be getting it confused with someone suggesting it lol.

EDIT: Tried it right now and Ness can totally JC the magnet after he absorbs something.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
How do Ness and Zelda even camp each other?
In my experience most of the camping comes from Ness trying to land in projectiles or PKT2 on Zelda, though as bubbaking already noted unless you catch Zelda off guard you won't be landing any projectiles. That being said though some camping is also necessary because just about all of Zelda's smashes, tilts and aerials can wreck Ness in some way shape or form, particularly at higher percentages. The best strategy in my experience is to land in Nairs, Fairs and if you're lucky a PK Fire then combo that into a grab or two. If you're really lucky you can also get a PKT2 or a PK Flash in somewhere.

iLink

Smash Champion
That's what I mean though. They can't effectively camp each other so why would either even try? lol

Just because one might try to use their projectile every now and then doesn't mean they are camping.

Rat

Smash Lord
LOOOL @ KAGE.

Midwest. Where you at. You gonna take that ****?

Where metroid at! Rat!
I don't know about that - MW is like the friendliest and most chill region. (It's true.)

And **** talking the MW is like a grown man trying to pick a fight with a 5th grader. It's just not right.

Also, won a tournament with sonic. Aw yeah! Time to nerf sonic.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I don't know about that - MW is like the friendliest and most chill region. (It's true.)

And **** talking the MW is like a grown man trying to pick a fight with a 5th grader. It's just not right.

Grats man. nerffffsssssss

metroid1117

Smash Master
Great job breaking the IL Ike curse! Here are the full results, as posted by Rat in the results thread.

PM Singles
1: Rat ($45.00) :sonic:
2: Kels ($13.50) :pika: :sheik: :fox:
3: ORLY ($6.50) :bowser:
4: Metriod1117 :ike:
5: Kirk :bowser: :ike:
5: Scythe :wolf: :snake: :cool088:
7: Trail :ganondorf:
7: <3 Hello Kitty <3 :ike: :sheik:
9: Compound x :wolf:
9: MattDotZeb :falco:
9: Nap :charizard:
9: Arty :ganondorf:
13: Josh :pit: :dedede:

Bracket Img

PM Doubles
1: ORLY + Kirk :bowser: + :bowser: ($30.00)
2: Metroid + Nap :ike: + :charizard: ($10.00)
3: Kels + <3 Hello Kitty <3 :fox:/:falco: + :ike:
4: Rat + Scythe :sonic: + :wolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom