• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Tweeting is what people do when they are either at a live event, have nothing better to do or are leaking thousands of credit card numbers in the name of internet freedom (which could probably be lumped in with the second one).

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
No problem bro. That's how I
t
roll. BTW, that's about how far an upward airdodge goes. Also I fail to understand how you have so much trouble with this. I have the tech skill of a beached whale and I picked it up just by screwing around with TL one day.

:phone:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Kink, I just loaded up P:M and tried to bomb-jump with TL.
I got it on my first shot and was dealing with approximately 20 frames of lag from my video capture program.

Want me to make a video for you or something and go super slow-mo?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Come into Iowa and teach me your secrets Jedi.
Kink, I just loaded up P:M and tried to bomb-jump with TL.
I got it on my first shot and was dealing with approximately 20 frames of lag from my video capture program.

Want me to make a video for you or something and go super slow-mo?
I've done tried in 1/4th speed with no more success than normally.

Metà

Smash Master
i wouldn't recommend doing anything in 1/4 speed in p:m/brawl, because it has a tendency to mess with the physics for some reason. also, c-stick inputs often don't work at all

for example, try doing wario's u-air or a similar aerial on shorthop and see what it does

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well tell me if any of these inputs are wrong or something.

X, to jump, so I have a chance to pull a bomb out.

Down, in order to facilitate the action of pressing Down and B at the same time.

B, while Down is still pressed, in order to pluck a bomb out from Toon Link's infinite inventory of bombs

Neutral, as the "Down" input transfers into an "Up" one

Up, fully pressed, as hard as I can to the point that the control stick is taking off the outer most layer of dead skin on my thumb

R, until the button clicks, while Up is held as hard as possible, in order to initiate an air dodge with a vector 90 degrees from horizontal and with as large a magnitude as possible

C-stick Upward, while still holding R in and as soon after initiating an air dodge with a vector 90 degrees from horizontal and with as large a magnitude as possible, in order to toss the bomb in my hand out of my hand and in an upward direction

B, while having up still held from the previous action of air dodging upward, and as soon as possible after throwing the bomb, in order to use Toon Link's Up B in an attempt to reach the bomb, get hit by it, and be given a chance to do another bomb toss

If all of that sounds right then there is something other than "You're not inputting it right" that is the problem.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
You should be pressing R before you press Up.

My inputs are:
Y + DownB (DJ + Bomb Pull)
R > Up on Control Stick + A (within a few frames of each other)
Return Control Stick to Neutral
Up on Control Stick + B (Up B)

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Assuming you aren't taking an absurd amount of time between your R input and pressing up, it's your controller. If you've really had the thing 11 years, it's probably time for a replacement.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You should be pressing R before you press Up.

My inputs are:
Y + DownB (DJ + Bomb Pull)
R > Up on Control Stick + A (within a few frames of each other)
Return Control Stick to Neutral
Up on Control Stick + B (Up B)
Ok let me just make this easy for everyone

LAZILY HOLD UP before airdodging. Stop trying to "smash" airdodge it's ******** and is not how you do this technique.

Pull out a bomb. Don't care whether it's in the air or on the ground. Hold up, hold up for 5000 years. Get into the air, and press airdodge --> A very quickly. Imagine trying to shield grab in the air quickly with L/A it's kind of like that.

Still holding up? Good, there's no need to do otherwise. Now mash upb/B since you are still holding up and it will work.

You all are making it so much harder for him to learn in the first place with this "mash input during/after airdodge" or having to airdodge at the peak of your jump. Once you have a bomb out, your control stick can literally sit at the up input for the rest of the technique. No timing no flicking or smashing required. There's literally nothing else simpler.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG I'm holding up the entire time.

I thought I made that clear.
Good. Don't listen to these people telling you to airdodge AND THEN pick a direction, or mash the input. You can hold up with your toe I swear on jesus soul, for an eternity, and just press airdodge A and B.

Down B for bomb.

^
^
^
^
Get in the air
^
^
^
^
^ + Airdodge + A VERY soon after
^
^
^ + B

No mash smash or timing on up input

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
DMG, yes, that's the same input I'm doing and the one that isn't working.

Amazon.

DansGame
I got those kind and they're absolute ****. Made from flimsy plastic and fall apart after an hour. Triggers have really bad springs, buttons snap in and out. I've been tricked before on this kind of thing because they look so similar to the actual ones but they're really just crappy Chinese knockoffs.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I have free Amazon Prime from my school but the site sucks for electronics because everything's a crapshoot and the return/refund policy is awful.

I'll get back to you with more information on the ADVENTURES ON BOMB JUMP MOUNTAIN tomorrow.

Also I will have a Yuyuko avatar as soon as I can find an arrange of her theme that doesn't sound like ****.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
can we stop talking about TL's bomb jumping. posting advice isn't going to do anything. either kink is doing something wrong which we already explained or he just sucks (no offense).

really tired of looking at this thread and only seeing posts about bomb jumping.

talk about pit or something

edit: read DMG's post, went to my basement, and did a bomb jump on my first try.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Was awesome finally playing PM again! I'm bad but next time I got top three... I think it's time to re-re-learn Lucario ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks for sharing that those are crappy offshoots of the real deal. I'll avoid those controllers myself then.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
New topic guys! Wondering how controversial of an idea it is to have PAL versions of spacees in P:M, and if it IS controversial, then why... I'm aware that this topic was probably discussed already on this thread, but if it was, then I missed it completely. Personally, I like the idea.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Tbh I like the way they are so ppl can come from melee to pm an have a good feeling that there character hadn't changed too much or at all but still want to try something new if u know what I mean

kaizo13

Smash Champion
plz don't start this convo up again...

can't be a "new topic" if it just happened a couple pages ago bubbaking

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Also, PMBR isn't changing spacies to PAL. They've made this clear a dozen times. It isn't happening. New arguments aren't being brought up about it because there isn't anymore to discuss, so you aren't going to convince them now anymore than there were before. Which wasn't at all. So let's stop bringing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom