• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Thats some crazy DI and lack of anything else if you are getting uair after fair.

Sideb makes more sense, although I usually find uair is too slow to actually make it a legit combo.

:phone:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Definitely meant side-b. Cmart took, I think, 6/8 of my stocks with that setup.

I think I even tried to DI out of it the right way a few times, but wasn't ready prepared to DI early enough due to the armor frames of the moves interrupting my stuffs. Was freaking awesome. Loved it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean some people have Ike pinned as mid tier because... Shiek? Idk

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Bowser's side-B to uair never combos with correct DI, just gotta learn the matchup. Bowser has some ridiculously good things, but that's not one of them.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I was not kidding. Snake is incredible. OP might be an exaggeration, but he is easily in the top three or four characters in the demo.

Amazing recovery, best stage control in the game, high damage combos, great kill power, destroys shield pressure, and arguably best edge-guarding game.

Omni

BRoomer
OP is definitely an exaggeration.

Edit: Also, you can't just say Snake is top 4 without giving any reasons as to why...

Omni

BRoomer
Amazing recovery, best stage control in the game, high damage combos, great kill power, destroys shield pressure, and arguably best edge-guarding game.
- His recovery is above average; extremely telegraphed and he's very vulnerable below the stage trying to recover.

- Stage control? Meh. He can create a mini obstacle course that can potentially backfire on himself. It's really not that strong compared to say... ROB.

- Up+b out of shield is really good. Agree with you here, but there are plenty of other character's with similar OOS breakers so it doesn't make him too unique in that category.

- Best edge-guarding? Jiggly is still the King of edge-guarding. He can place a mine and spam up-smash and/or drop missles, but all of his edgeguarding abilities require time. The best edgeguarders are the ones that are similar to Sheik or Jiggly in that they can gimp you at any %, go way off stage, and still be fine with recovering back on.

Snake is decent, at best, IMO. Definitely not OP.

iLink

Smash Champion
I still think Ike has the most ridiculous edgeguard.

A chargeable strong attack with super armor that has a meteor (spike?) hitbox at the tip of it for w/e reason is pretty stupid unless you have a tether or recovering high. Is there anything you can even do against this if you are forced to recover low? It seems to hit pretty low and past the point of characters being able sweetspot.

If there was anything I'd change about Ike, it would be to make his grounded Eruption (I understand it has uses in the air and that is fine) not have any super armor and have it so grabbing the ledge doesn't refresh his wall jump height.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Unless you're playing on Halberd or Delfino Plaza.

But who in the world plays on those two stages anyways?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I like Halberd's setup more, but the main platform being one-way throws me off the same way that Kongo Jungle 64 does. I feel like that's a reason to CP it against Ike though.

Omni

BRoomer
wtf omni? rob doesnt have stage control. he has a turnip that takes 3 secs to put in your hand.
ROB has lasers, a dradle, an air dash, and a neutral-air with the hitbox the size of a truck. Couple that with his ability to glide toss. Gives him ridiculous aerial mobility and the ability to seize control of space safely.

Maybe people don't realize what I mean by stage control.

I'm not referring to the ability to make an obstacle course for your opponent i.e. Snake/Zelda. Characters with stage control are those that can manipulate the flow of combat and force bad engagements i.e. Falco, Pit, ROB, Link(s), etc. AND be able to capitalize on it. Good stage control doesn't require time to set-up; it should be automatically assumed at any given point in the match.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Unless you're playing on Halberd or Delfino Plaza.

But who in the world plays on those two stages anyways?

...I do? I love halberd and I've adapted very well to delfino to the point it doesnt even feel right to be banned. I can understand the reasoning behind banning DP, but I think it's at least worthy of CP/Banned until something is done with the water.

man when i start making fighting games im asking you to join my team

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
wtf omni? rob doesnt have stage control. he has a turnip that takes 3 secs to put in your hand.
Gyro is waaaay better than turnip for stage control and item trixies. It is much harder to destroy since it doesn't wear out in the air or disappear instantly upon touching the ground like turnip does. It also travels much faster in the air and is harder to catch. Not as good for straight camping though because yeah, it does take a bit longer to get out. It's much more comparable to Diddy's banana than Peach's turnip.

Plus what Omni said.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'd argue that being able to have your opponent explode from anywhere on the stage (C4 sticky) is incredible stage control. You literally control the whole stage, because nowhere is truly safe. DownSmash mines are just a plus, and can help force your opponent into a bad situation when combined with said C4. Also Nakita. Also 'nades.

EDIT: After seeing what Omni means more by stage control, I'll concede his point. I was more under the impression stage control was about making more of the stage being a bad place to be for your opponent. Snake requires setup, albeit very little, but setup all the same.

Recover low, and sweetspot. With the cipher, it's almost impossible for most characters to hit Snake before he gets his ledge invincibility, because they have to come from above and that blocks most attacks that go downward. Too far out? Good thing you can refresh your UpB whenever with grenades or C4s.

Seriously, Snake is great.

iLink

Smash Champion
You are exaggerating how easy it is for him to do any of that. Snake doesn't have the best tools to set up a C4 sticky. I'm not saying he doesn't have any, but they aren't honestly that great. Nakat isn't very hard to avoid, even offstage. Grenades are pretty good but not amazing.

His recovery isn't amazing either. I would say there are only a few characters that really can't punish him if he sweetspots from low. Recovering high with him sucks too because he doesn't have any safe way of landing.

Omni

BRoomer
I think Snake is great, too, but I think what puts him back is that he's not permanently on. He seems more like the kind of character that can be easily countered by certain characters, strategies, or even stages.

But that's just theory talk. I can easily see a Snake main dominating tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom