• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The most skilled players (at Project M) that attend APEX 2013 will receive an invite. Determined largely by myself, but I'm also taking input from other people such as JCaesar.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The most skilled players (at Project M) that attend APEX 2013 will receive an invite. Determined largely by myself, but I'm also taking input from other people such as JCaesar.
This kind of sucks :/. I just kind of assumed apex would have project M at it and was planning on going but I don't really have a reason to go if it doesn't.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Talk to Alex Strife, dude. Maybe you can convince him to finally love us.
I mean...it makes sense that he wouldn't run it. P:M would get a ton of entrants and would basically be like running melee twice. He's already going to be hosting a 6-800 person tournament and last time it was a train wreck(no one got to play any friendlies, tournament took super long etc etc).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Isn't this huge international smash tournament also hosting non-smash games?

:phone:
Right, it's also a FGC tournament. That doesn't really matter considering the reason everything was so slow was lack of set-ups. FGC uses different T.V's and consoles so *shrugs*.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
From what I've heard, the issue comes from his hope that he's gonna get some sponsorship stuff with Nintendo, which is something he doesn't want to jeopardize by having a huge publicized event of a mod of the current Smash game.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That's terrible :/ What about all of the under-represented players? You should at least have a larger pool of people pick entrants, idk. Seems like forcing the metagame to evolve in a certain direction, maintaining what we know and preventing new talent from creeping in.

:059:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
From what I've heard, the issue comes from his hope that he's gonna get some sponsorship stuff with Nintendo, which is something he doesn't want to jeopardize by having a huge publicized event of a mod of the current Smash game.
Yeah this is what he told me just now when I asked him about it.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Don't worry about Apex, guys. There will be other tournaments.

PM is only getting better and better, so our game will speak for itself and therefore warrant itself good enough for an international-level tournament when the time comes.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I'm not really worried about it. Gives me a reason to save money heh.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I wanna attend an american international that also hosts P:M, kind of a shame about apex :/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
@Jolt: get enough UK players on board for P:M and maybe we as a community can convince him.S
Not sure how likely this would be. At the most myself, fuzzy and alpha dash would travel (gp as well but he plays brawl). Prof definitely won't travel, he doesn't have much money or a passport, he won't even go to king funk's castle 2 and that's way cheaper. :|

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
It seems the only real way to even maybe gain support for something like Apex is for P:M to host events with high numbers of entrants consistently, without including melee or brawl. And it still wouldn't be guaranteed simply because P:M is a mod.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
he said he wont do it because of sponsorship reasons. unless you give him 10 grand I dont think thats gonna change.

however running an "unofficial" tourney started the "day of" with a $5 "donation" should be easily doable.
we just need the organization.
I propose setting up a "donation interest list" ASAP posted in this thread to see who will want to donate come tourney day.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Well after a long back and forth with Alex Strife on Facebook, my opinion is that he's 100% right and P:M won't be a main event at Apex. I'll just stay home.

metroid1117

Smash Master

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I wouldn't worry about PM at Apex. The scale of that tournament is huge enough that the games that are going to be represented will need all the resources they can get. There will be more opportunities for PM in the future. Even having the invitational PM tournament is generous imo.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Would you mind sharing what he told you?
Basically the gist of it is he has sponsors and they wouldn't support a modded game. So the best he can do is let P:M have it's own booth. It would be unofficial, as in not a main event/tournament.

I honestly feel really crappy now because I wasn't too appreciative of it and I kinda got aggressive.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
That sounds like it would hurt P:M more than it would help. The best thing to do is either attend it and show significant hype towards P:M, or to let him know (in a non-aggressive way) that you're upset about P:M not being a main event.
Even better would be to start hosting/attending/supporting P:M events and advertise them. Then, with better numbers/data showing a significant interest in P:M over the course of maybe a year, there could hopefully be a major P:M tournament in the future.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Like Nintendude said, don't worry about PM being at Apex.

We will have many, many more opportunities to represent PM at large scale tournaments in the future. No need to fret/ conjure ideas to get it represented.

PM will speak for itself.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Man I can't wait til more ppl play pm in my area Ga we have a decent amount now that I'm going to start going to tourneys since I have a car now 40 min drive isn't that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom