• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelue

Smash Lord
nah. you told me it's easy to see coming because you see sonic moonwalking, but then I told you never have to full commit to down b since if you see the situation turning bad for you, you can let go of spindash and hold shield, and you'll move forward ie away and go into shield.

you only get punished if you don't recognize how you're opponent will respond, or space it poorly and not cross up their shield.
That was your theory
I then proceeded to play purely reactionary to you with snake, sheik, and ganon. Moonwalking to approach or using aerial down B to approach is cute, but not effective. There's no reason for most characters to block any of it. I demonstrated this by attacking you.
I thought that the merciless string of 3 stocks that I poured on you showed this.
You said it was a "you" problem (that you were rusty, or bad against my characters), but I said time and time again that it is a sonic problem.
It isn't effective at high level play.
It isn't effective when someone knows sonic.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
P:M Thread Awards 2012

Copy and add the name of the user you want to vote for.

User who is most capable of seeing design flaws in Ike's baiting and OoS game:
User most capable of seeing design flaws in general:
User who posts most frequently:
User capable of wording the most convincing comparisons:
User who is afraid of breaking his controller while playing the game practicing AGTs:
User living the furthest away from other players:
User knowing the most about the game without playing it:
User who is courageous enough to tell better players that they can't work around Ike:
User who would hold tournaments if it was legal in his state:

:mh:
Lol'd :awesome:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

User who is afraid of breaking his controller while playing the game practicing AGTs:
User who is courageous enough to tell better players that they can't work around Ike:

I can't tell if this is serious or if you are just calling out Kink.

yeah you're just calling out Kink.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

User who has three k's in his name
User who has the most loli avatars

Might as well.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That was your theory
I then proceeded to play purely reactionary to you with snake, sheik, and ganon. Moonwalking to approach or using aerial down B to approach is cute, but not effective. There's no reason for most characters to block any of it. I demonstrated this by attacking you.
I thought that the merciless string of 3 stocks that I poured on you showed this.
You said it was a "you" problem (that you were rusty, or bad against my characters), but I said time and time again that it is a sonic problem.
It isn't effective at high level play.
It isn't effective when someone knows sonic.
I didn't use the idea a lot because I was more focused on trying to figure out how to get around priority moves in general lol.

Also I'm sure I said moonwalk anything is just situational and not always or even commonly a good idea.

It's a gimmick that's best used sparingly, but it does work from time to time granted you play your cards right.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
User who will close this thread soon if this continues.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Stupid phone:/. And you know i wasnt talking about what you posted neko lol.

iLink

Smash Champion
I just realized someone was comparing Link having to bomb jump with AGT to Peach pulling a turnip.

Wut

Peach wouldn't gain anything from having to press anything extra to pull a turnip. Link actually gets other options from being able to AGT.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I don't even come here for Project M anymore

I come for Project Lols

EDIT: srsly, where's dem blogpostsssss

iLink

Smash Champion
There probably isn't a need for any blogposts at this time. Afaik, they are mostly just working on character balance and playstyle. It'd be kind of neat if we could get a small inside peak at some of the stuff being worked on but there is always the possibility of people backlashing at something that isn't even final.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Or jumping into theory smash which is even more useless if we can't play the character.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
There probably isn't a need for any blogposts at this time. Afaik, they are mostly just working on character balance and playstyle. It'd be kind of neat if we could get a small inside peak at some of the stuff being worked on but there is always the possibility of people backlashing at something that isn't even final.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head right there. We don't see a reason to show people suggestions that aren't final just to have people lash out at us. Just continue to be patient, we will make announcements when they are necessary. We're all working hard and putting in hours of free time to satisfy everyone as much as possible.

Project:M 2.1 is super fun as it is anyways. It's not like it was back pre-demo2 where people had nothing to play in the mean time :p

metroid1117

Smash Master
Stop with the pointless posts. I don't want this thread to be locked.

Back to The Big House 2 - I heard that Mango is coming. He's not on the attendance list, but Strong Bad said that Mango is entering PM Singles. Do you guys think Mango can beat out contenders like Hungrybox, Vro, Fly, Kage, and Chillin for 1st? Who do you guys think he'll use?

I don't know how much Mango plays Project M, but I'd be willing to bet that he'd win with his Mario skills and his smarts.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Stop with the pointless posts. I don't want this thread to be locked.

Back to The Big House 2 - I heard that Mango is coming. He's not on the attendance list, but Strong Bad said that Mango is entering PM Singles. Do you guys think Mango can beat out contenders like Hungrybox, Vro, Fly, Kage, and Chillin for 1st? Who do you guys think he'll use?

I don't know how much Mango plays Project M, but I'd be willing to bet that he'd win with his Mario skills and his smarts.
I played some friendlies with Mango, Chillin and Meta at FC, and his Mario looked much more scary than his Fox did. His Fox couldn't beat Chillin's wolf in those friendlies, but his Mario dominated it pretty convincingly.

Could definitely see him taking that tournament with Mario.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
There are matches of Mango playing mario against chillin in the video I linked in case you guys didn't realize. It's a bit later on in the video though.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
nassau. apparently a lot of ny play p:m. when my life gets straightened out i'll travel and play smash with y'all.
North shore or south shore? And if u dont want to name your town how about how close r you to suffolk or the city?

:phone:
I think cannedbread lives pretty close to my place. We should all get together and Smash sometime. Possibly at my house if my schedule allows it...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Bombjumping is easy- especially with Toon Link (who has a great AGT)

Sounds like johns, KinkLink. :p

:ltrigger::stick8::cstick8: -> :stick8::bbutton:

Free.

There is no mashing involved- no idea why you mentioned that.
(BTW didn't it say in your signature that you main TL in PM? lol :p)
I just did this and up-B came drastically short of even reaching the bomb, let alone getting hit by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom