• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ultimario
No, he just throws the bomb farther. Which has other benefits, but some people
no names
are willing to overlook that for the sake of rebelling against change. Or whatever it is they're complaining about.

EDIT: Responding to an unrefreshed version of the page >.<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@ultimario
No, he just throws the bomb farther. Which has other benefits, but some people
no names
are willing to overlook that for the sake of rebelling against change. Or whatever it is they're complaining about.

EDIT: Responding to an unrefreshed version of the page >.<
Having a strong Item Up Throw is important?

I honestly didn't know.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you have noone to practice with in person, wifi > training mode
thats a fact too.

though training mode is still important ofc

cannedbread

Smash Lord
if i had no one to play with and wifi was my only choice i'd just practice tech skill and travel to play people. i still want to go to some smashfests around here though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
if you have noone to practice with in person, wifi > training mode
thats a fact too.

though training mode is still important ofc
As someone who plays offline and dabbles in Wi-fi, I wouldn't recommend practicing for a tournament with Lag-fi; I'd rather practice things like sweetspotting on every stage, bread and butter combos, dashdancing, basic tech skill, and wavelanding (on platforms and from the edge). However, Wi-fi is still an excellent option for getting some grasp of a match-up in terms of spacing (not comboing though) and learning how to read your opponent. Since the lag takes away the benefit of reacting to attacks and techs, reading and placement of moves becomes much more emphasized on Wi-fi compared to offline.

That being said, if you don't have anyone to play, Lag-fi is the best option. Just focus on reading and don't rage over failing to punish stuff or execute basic tech skill because of lag. Bear with the lag, it's much more fun and interesting than playing alone if you have a good connection.

Random game to practice dashdancing - dashdance across any stage in the shortest possible time without ever getting stuck in your run animation.

Metà

Smash Master
holy crap link's bomb jump is the easiest thing in the world. just agt up and up-b, i don't even play the character and i can do it every time

also, is it normal for characters to be able to d-smash while holding an item? cause if you c-stick down while crouching, that's what happens

:phone:

metroid1117

Smash Master
also, is it normal for characters to be able to d-smash while holding an item? cause if you c-stick down while crouching, that's what happens

:phone:
This is a glitch that the PMBR intends to fix. It's actually in the list of known issues located in the OP.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Truth
Also,, neko, didn't I show you that moonwalking into down B gets you punished?
Like a 5 year old black kid stealing a cookie from the white man
nah. you told me it's easy to see coming because you see sonic moonwalking, but then I told you never have to full commit to down b since if you see the situation turning bad for you, you can let go of spindash and hold shield, and you'll move forward ie away and go into shield.

you only get punished if you don't recognize how you're opponent will respond, or space it poorly and not cross up their shield.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Im not reading through this whole thread, but I looked at the known isssues and didnt see this.

Sometimes when some hits someone while they are using a move that grabs or they actually grab they will take the damage from the incoming attack and then grab their opponent and not receive any knockback. It's happened to me against Falcon's up-b SO many times.

You can also get it to work by grabbing Bowser out of fortress.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's not a bug, that's a Brawl feature.

In Melee, grabs would completely override attacks on the same frame. In Brawl, the grabber would eat the attack and take the damage/no knockback.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, just has to do with how things are processed within a frame.
Currently:
Damage -> Grabbed
Melee:
Grabbed -> Damaged (doesn't happen because already grabbed)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I don't see why. By good, I don't mean amazing. Try it out.

The attacks he can land after it are slow and can usually be dodged last minute. It's more of a read thing.

Revven

FrankerZ
You don't plan on changing it?
So you're saying you don't want the guy who just grabbed you to take the damage he deserves? As said earlier, in Melee, the same situation would happen except the grabber wouldn't take any damage. Captain Falcon would still grab you with Up B, he wouldn't have gotten knocked away or anything in Melee in the same situation.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Bombjumping is easy- especially with Toon Link (who has a great AGT)

Sounds like johns, KinkLink. :p

:ltrigger::stick8::cstick8: -> :stick8::bbutton:

Free.

There is no mashing involved- no idea why you mentioned that.
(BTW didn't it say in your signature that you main TL in PM? lol :p)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Does anything Project M go on near Brooklyn? Smashfests or Tourneys?

If not, anyone who lives in the NYC area is welcome to come to my place to play some smash pretty much any time. My new work schedule is 9pm-2am so I'm almost always free.

Let me know via text - 718-916-7919 or aim - thegalloslg
Yo, I'll hit you up sometime. Ben Grimm and I are the centers of P:M on the island. You should play with us! :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
lol Grab armor.

It's just something that's confusing to people for no reason. It's not removed because it's not possible to remove as of yet.

I'm sure if the code is developed, the PMBR will (and should) use it. It's another step towards Melee.

MaxThunder

PM Support
lol Grab armor.

It's just something that's confusing to people for no reason. It's not removed because it's not possible to remove as of yet.

I'm sure if the code is developed, the PMBR will (and should) use it. It's another step towards Melee.
but why?.. imo, when you get hit you should take damage...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
wat.

lol.

news to me. :V

I don't see why you'd want grabs to be more amazing than they already are now lol.

Smash grabs are like 10000x better than grabs in any other fighting game, just from the simple fact you can grab out of hitstun, and block stun. And combo normal grabs into normal grabs over and over, and more.

Like really. grabs are super good.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
So yes, in smash grabboxes have priority over other hitboxes.

In melee if you hit someone in the same frame he grabs you nothing will happen to him and you will be grabbed.

In PM and Brawl, he at least receives the damage, it means that it's already more fair than before.

It just seems strange because you can actually tell what happens there, in the end it's the same thing but with the grabbing character receiving at least the damage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would just be surprised if they changed it because it's obviously more fair for the grabber to take damage in those situations.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
P:M Thread Awards 2012

Copy and add the name of the user you want to vote for.

User who is most capable of seeing design flaws in Ike's baiting and OoS game:
User most capable of seeing design flaws in general:
User who posts most frequently:
User capable of wording the most convincing comparisons:
User who is afraid of breaking his controller while playing the game practicing AGTs:
User living the furthest away from other players:
User knowing the most about the game without playing it:
User who is courageous enough to tell better players that they can't work around Ike:
User who would hold tournaments if it was legal in his state:

:mh:

/e I'm just kidding ): didn't want to insult kink k sry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom