• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hahah! I didn't know that. Guess it's all in his mind, as he says it helped when setting it to 100% wasn't enough.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
that feel when you land a hit but your opponent just eats it and grabs you

;_;
In my honest opinion, I like it better that way instead of KNOWING that you WOULD HAVE hit your opponent if the grab didn't override the hit (and yes Melee did that, read the OP if you don't believe me)

I realize I maybe the only one who thinks this, but I certainly think that it's better than Melee's way of processing that kind of scenario. Think about it for a sec: In Melee, if timed right you could grab your opponent as soon as his hit is about to land, while in P:M you still grab your opponent, but you still get the damage from that attack. Isn't that kind of a fair trade when compared to what would happen in Melee?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
So I did a run through the SSE using P:M. Interesting stuff happened to say the least but you can make it all the way.

I know I'm in the minority when I say I like the story, so thank you for the unintentional interesting take on it.

Double posted so here's my second post:

In my honest opinion, I like it better that way instead of KNOWING that you WOULD HAVE hit your opponent if the grab didn't override the hit (and yes Melee did that, read the OP if you don't believe me)

I realize I maybe the only one who thinks this, but I certainly think that it's better than Melee's way of processing that kind of scenario. Think about it for a sec: In Melee, if timed right you could grab your opponent as soon as his hit is about to land, while in P:M you still grab your opponent, but you still get the damage from that attack. Isn't that kind of a fair trade when compared to what would happen in Melee?
Take into account that P:M is about making Brawl Melee 2.0 if they aren't gonna take out stuff like L-canceling I don't think they're changing much on the system level.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Take into account that P:M is about making Brawl Melee 2.0 if they aren't gonna take out stuff like L-canceling I don't think they're changing much on the system level.
Sir I did not understand what you said, partly 'cause I'm half drunk half sleep. But let me tell you this: They ARE changing A LOT on the system level and when the hell did I ever mention L-cancelling? All I said is that P:M's way of dealing with a scenario where one character hits another while the character getting hit is grabbing the attacker, the damage registers and proceeds with the grab is more fair than Melee's way of doing it 'cause Melee IGNORES the hit and proceeds with the grab.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm pretty sure DK's uthrow to fair is unavoidable at like 75%+ as link and is a free KO from a grab >_>. We tried every sort of DI and couldn't get out lol the best I can do is try to DI so that I get spiked instead. Makes the match-up so much harder than it is without it :/.

Not complaining just saying. Don't know what other characters this works on.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If it's a fall speed dependent factor, then Marth, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Bowser are the most susceptible to it. That's without accounting for the fall speeds of newcomers (Tink has Yink's physics).

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Don't know what other characters this works on.
Any character with comparable fall speed to Link's; although, the possibility that such a combo is heavily reliant on Link's physics -- his 'gravity', per se -- is pretty likely (which would therefore greatly lessen the theorized amount of characters which this works on). In any case, as you'd mentioned, it's nothing too important, as most of the match-ups in which DK would have Uthrow -> Fair guaranteed around that percent are already pretty disadvantageous for him. Of course, this is all invalid if you're referring to Cargo Uthrow -> Fair KO, which is 'guaranteed' on pretty much all of the cast at certain percents.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Any character with comparable fall speed to Link's; although, the possibility that such a combo is heavily reliant on Link's physics -- his 'gravity', per se -- is pretty likely (which would therefore greatly lessen the theorized amount of characters which this works on). In any case, as you'd mentioned, it's nothing too important, as most of the match-ups in which DK would have Uthrow -> Fair guaranteed around that percent are already pretty disadvantageous for him. Of course, this is all invalid if you're referring to Cargo Uthrow -> Fair KO, which is 'guaranteed' on pretty much all of the cast at certain percents.
Yeah I mean cargo uthrow fair. I works from like 75% to 180% on link lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Luckily Link is pretty good at running away.

See you all at FC! I'm embarking on a 12 hour roadtrip in about 2 hours ... yay ...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm pretty sure DK's uthrow to fair is unavoidable at like 75%+ as link and is a free KO from a grab >_>. We tried every sort of DI and couldn't get out lol the best I can do is try to DI so that I get spiked instead. Makes the match-up so much harder than it is without it :/.

Yeah I mean cargo uthrow fair. I works from like 75% to 180% on link lol.
It works on a lot of characters, but more devastating is DK punch out of the throw. Some of the larger characters are SO big, that DK doesn't even have to turn around to hit them if they DI behind. His fist will pulverize them from the veryyyy back and they still die. Poor Charizard LOL

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Luckily Link is pretty good at running away.

See you all at FC! I'm embarking on a 12 hour roadtrip in about 2 hours ... yay ...
I don't know it seems reeeaaaallly hard not to get grabbed by dk. His grab range is huge and his grab speed seems fast. I also just hate running away lol so I probably play the match-up wrong.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I don't know it seems reeeaaaallly hard not to get grabbed by dk. His grab range is huge and his grab speed seems fast. I also just hate running away lol so I probably play the match-up wrong.
Needs more boomerang. Link's spam game is the arguable the best it's ever been in P:M (along, with the whole character). Take it from someone who runs away a lot.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Needs more boomerang. Link's spam game is the arguable the best it's ever been in P:M (along, with the whole character). Take it from someone who runs away a lot.
My boomerang is pretty much always out lol. My roommate actually complains that rang is too good because of the insane combos I do off of it haha. I use it to create set-ups and pressure though not to run. DK is very fast and has insane grab range and with his dash attack it's hard to avoid ever being grabbed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His dash attack off of platforms/edges gives him a ton of mobility and mixups. I LOVE that he has this dash attack instead of the stanky leg.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
My boomerang is pretty much always out lol. My roommate actually complains that rang is too good because of the insane combos I do off of it haha. I use it to create set-ups and pressure though not to run. DK is very fast and has insane grab range and with his dash attack it's hard to avoid ever being grabbed.
I'll have to try some stuff out when I'm playing against my DK friend then. I'll tell him about your little combo so he'll go for grabs that way I can play "don't get grabbed." Perhaps zair will work. I'm obsessed with zair.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll have to try some stuff out when I'm playing against my DK friend then. I'll tell him about your little combo so he'll go for grabs that way I can play "don't get grabbed." Perhaps zair will work. I'm obsessed with zair.
YEah I need to try zair out more. My roommate and I have some INSANE matches haha I'll try to get them recorded at some point.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Haha actually I'm gonna be boarding my second flight from Toronto to Chicago now, and I just got off the flight from Vancouver to Toronto, so Mango-chan is still in Vancouver :p

I'll be seeing the real Mango-sama soon though, lol.

Toast/Monk: I'll text you guys when we arrive at our hotel, then I can give you guys a brawl disk to load hackless. Lol

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

I mean, isn't that Melee, too?

V-K

Smash Ace
Why did you replace Sonics cool dsmash animation with this break-dance move? And what is Snake's fsmash animation supposed to be? :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom