• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
After the floating islands fall in 12000 BC, you go to the North Cape. He'll be there waiting for you.

SPOILERS!

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
The hitboxes shouldn't change just because his hurtboxes do, but it might depend on how the resizing was done.
Resizing was done in PSA, all I did was change his character size value back to 1

Ganon's hurtboxes are more compacted while using Fair that he can miss lasers that would of normally hit.
Don't quite understand this

As for what you said about it being nice to have Ganondorf at his true size, I suppose I agree but by the same token it'd be nice to have a version of his moveset that isn't a modified Captain Falcon, but we all know stuff like that isn't the aim of the project.
What you want is far more complicated and requires a lot of work(though I'd want it too), the only thing I'm suggesting is a miniscule change that requires very little work if I understand this correctly

Hitboxes do not scale with model size. Hurtboxes do. Changing his model size makes him a worse character and is not condoned at all, and you're no longer playing Project M if you do.
Even if it's done in PSA? I changed the model size back for the time being so my videos should still represent Project M but is there any chance this suggestion would be even taken into consideration if his hitboxes were also enlarged if it's necessary with scaling done in PSA?

Revven

FrankerZ
Even if it's done in PSA?
Yes, even if it is done in PSA. It does not auto-scale the hitboxes. If you look at the current hitbox sizes before the change and then after you make the size change in PSA, you will see the offsets and sizes did not change to match where things would be if he was slightly bigger.

but is there any chance this suggestion would be even taken into consideration if his hitboxes were also enlarged if it's necessary with scaling done in PSA?
Probably not. This is Melee Ganondorf that we've got here. We went through an extreme amount of trouble to both port his Melee offsets and sizes for his hitboxes from Melee (and of course the rest of the cast that's from Melee). A lot of that work would nearly be undone if we changed him back to 1.0 size.

Your suggestion would hurt Ganondorf more than it would help, tbh. He's not like Bowser where he has really big hands and hitboxes that cover his whole body. Bowser gets the benefits from it because of the way his moves work, animations and all. Ganondorf wouldn't receive as much benefit from it at all, it would just make him a bigger target and more susceptible to what he's already weak against. Not really the best idea.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
What you want is far more complicated and requires a lot of work(though I'd want it too), the only thing I'm suggesting is a miniscule change that requires very little work if I understand this correctly.
I'm not seriously suggesting it- although it'd be cool in its own way to have a canon Ganon (rhyme completely intended), Ganondorf is far too fun to play as is (at least IMO) for it to be worth changing him. Ideally in the event a clone engine was completed Ganondorf's current moveset could be ported to Black Shadow (at least then it'd make sense for him to be a pseudo-clone) and Ganondorf could get his own moveset, but that's unlikely given the Clone Engine to my knowledge isn't a priority of the PMBR at the moment. Even though the change you suggested makes sense given the character's source material and is very simple to do, from a gameplay standpoint it makes no sense to make Ganondorf into combo fodder he doesn't even appear to be broken.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm not seriously suggesting it- although it'd be cool in its own way to have a canon Ganon (rhyme completely intended), Ganondorf is far too fun to play as is (at least IMO) for it to be worth changing him. Ideally in the event a clone engine was completed Ganondorf's current moveset could be ported to Black Shadow (at least then it'd make sense for him to be a pseudo-clone) and Ganondorf could get his own moveset, but that's unlikely given the Clone Engine to my knowledge isn't a priority of the PMBR at the moment. Even though the change you suggested makes sense given the character's source material and is very simple to do, from a gameplay standpoint it makes no sense to make Ganondorf into combo fodder he doesn't even appear to be broken.
Forget Black Shadow. We can just split him into Melee Ganon and Ganon. Melee Ganon gets his PM moveset and Melee skin, Ganon gets a canon moveset and the Brawl appearance.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So what you're saying is, we need three Ganondorfs:
Melee moveset, Canon moveset, and Sword moveset.

That version of PM is going to be incredible.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Olimar's pikmin will actually be reskinned in PM, to have a tiny group of ganondorfs running behind him. If a thrown miniganon hits an opponent, he will constantly CG you to death.

Still UP

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So what you're saying is, we need three Ganondorfs:
Melee moveset, Canon moveset, and Sword moveset.

That version of PM is going to be incredible.
We might as well go one step further and replace the whole roster with different versions of Ganondorf. We'll call it: Project G.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm cool with that. Ganon's shine is going to be awesome, and I can't wait to see his Ganonclimbers' Soul Stare.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i can't see sigs on my phone for some reason :( i have to fix that

does anyone else feel that puffs gonna be mad worse in pm than in melee?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Magus, conjure up your magic from within... AND MAKE PROJECT G A REALITY!

cannedbread

Smash Lord
probably biased a bit because i've never fought a good puff but
puff to me is a character that succeeds because the chumps she fought against had holes big enough (lol) for her to exploit
and now that their weaknesses are patched up slightly and their strengths are a bit better
while puff gets basically nothing
she won't be quite as good (read:gay) anymore
makes me feel kind of bad but that's how i see it

but then again i might be wrong

leelue

Smash Lord
Are there plans to make the "outer limbs" that magus referred to no longer grab-able?

And puff was still good against the top tiers in melee. It's not like she wasnt insane before. Not to mention there is a nice influx of big characters for her to rest now. And more characters seem to be balanced with foxfalco in mind, not as much pufflypuff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you could selectively make the limbs "not count" for his Dthrow without impacting hurtboxes across the board (I assume the limbs are counting towards that and that Ganon isn't grabbing people's pinky toes that can't be hit normally), then yeah. Platform detection fixes should make it more bearable, and you could probably just increase the knockback/scaling of the throw to allow people to get out sooner naturally instead of having to go through all of that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The same can be said for grabbing Falcon, except Wario has better pokes for setting up on him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

How are you supposed to play Wario in P:M, because clearly "my" style isn't going to work loool

He feels janky

leelue

Smash Lord
DMG, I am under the impression that having so much of the body be grabbable is responsible for all of the "suuuuure" grabs that happen. That is to say, the grabs that clearly should not work but do anyway. Link's tether is like... the worst offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom