• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Because his old D-Smash looks dumb and has a bad hitbox.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they mocap'd a guy for their "swinging a knife" animation.

EDIT: Monk, when I got in a car accident on the way to the last APEX, I had to explain how/why there was a television in the front seat afterward (it was initially on the middle console).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well it looks better than the current animation and weren't they able to tweak the hitboxes?
Realistically, someone said that they took his P:M Smash animations from that Smash clone, Sonic Battle. Whether or not that's true, I imagine they just wanted some variety. He has more than enough moves where he goes into a blue ball and spins.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Well it looks better than the current animation and weren't they able to tweak the hitboxes?
heck no it doesn't look better
plus, why would you want another boring "curl into a ball" move for Sonic

Personally I also think his u-smash should go back to that fox-esque usmash.

1. it suited him well and was a lot more useful/accurate
2. it looked badass
3. one less ball move

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
You know what? Freaking EVERYONE is broken, everyone sucks and is unfair and needs a new Dair and fast wavedash and edgeguarding game and is definitely unfair and low-tier and was better/worse in Melee/Brawl and everything sucks asddfgh;whiiiiiiine

I just installed this game and it's really fun. A lot of my friends dislike it though because it's different :( So we end up playing regular brawl.
I had some friends over and we played Melee a bunch and then did P:M. We had fun, but eventually one of my friends was like, "LET'S PLAY BRAWWWL."

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DK's Cargo U-Throw -> Fair is a viable combo against the falling speed class mentioned in Melee as well. His Fair is just ****ing awful and weak in Melee; it's actually reasonable in Project M, so the combo is uh deadly.

V-K

Smash Ace
heck no it doesn't look better
plus, why would you want another boring "curl into a ball" move for Sonic

Personally I also think his u-smash should go back to that fox-esque usmash.

1. it suited him well and was a lot more useful/accurate
2. it looked badass
3. one less ball move
The dsmash ball move was the only one I loved. I had so much fun smash people off the stage with that.
But yeah the upsmash is kinda lame.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm looking forward to the stream for this (With 104 entrants, they're going to have to have a stream, right?)

I'll leave it running 24/8 in my dorm room, and make visitors watch it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Personally, I like Sonic's Brawl up-smash, appearance-wise. I'm glad it didn't become the flip-kick, since that is a little overused for up-smashes. I also like what the original down-smash looked like, as well, but I'm fine with the new animation.
I guess I'm just in the minority on preferences with Sonic's spin animations.

Anyway, since we're on the subject of Sonic and animations, I've noticed something a while ago but keep forgetting to say something about it: how come forward momentum during taunt causes a cancel with the teeter animation, but backward momentum during taunts don't cause a cancel by sliding off? When you move backwards (via moon-walking) and taunt while approaching the edge, you simply just stop right at the end, instead of sliding off like you would if you weren't taunting.
It's nothing important, but if taunt canceling is in, might as well make it work for backwards momentum, as well. Imagine moon-walking to ledge-hog your opponent, all while taunt-canceling "You're too slow!" as you slide off and take the ledge right before they get there. The best result comes with Sonic, but others can do it, too, and cause almost as much irritation from the opponent... XD

And FC Hype! Can't wait to see how the P:M tournament unfolds.

McNinja

Smash Ace
@Perfect Chaos, I agree with your idea. I too was a little disappointed at not being able to taunt cancel after a moonwalk.

That's my only complaint. I think everyone did an amazing job balancing the characters. And it shows since everybody is so indecisive about what characters are over powered.

Never thought it could be done. I am impressed. Hard to believe it only gets better from here.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Are you guys gonna fix the DK cargo throw thing where holding Up counts as a mash input for every single frame?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You think this is hype?

One of the guys in charge of my dorm challenged me to a MM. The loser has to bow down to the winner at the next Hall meeting.

Now that's hype.

This tournament is pretty hype too, though.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@Perfect Chaos

there is no backwards teeter animation so there is no cancel for a backwards taunt.
the teeter is what causes the cancel.
I never said that there was a backwards teeter animation, nor did I say to implement one for the use of a backwards taunt-cancel. What I said basically says that they just need to make it so that momentum still pushes characters off platforms during taunt animation, just like they have done to aerials and whatnot.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I'm really interested to see how the PMBR developers fare against some of the high level Melee players entering the tourney. Good luck you guys!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I always have faith in Magus fyi

The **** did I use a W for?i

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
Ness's PK Thunder against Marth is apparently really good provided you are far enough away. On the right stage, you can almost indefinitely make sure Marth never gets close on the first life. I've been playing a friend of mine who is more practiced in AT's than I am, but sometimes I can outwit him with my thunders. There are actually a lot of characters I can out wit pretty easily with some tricky thunders.

I ****ing love this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom