• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
inb4 cmart / Fly_Amanita / Rubyiris
I hate you. Am I that far out of the public mind? I thought we were bros. This post is to make sure you remember me next time.

Ike and Marth are good vs Pit, but I wouldn't call them counters. Both of those matchups are pretty fun and only slightly in the Emblemies favor. Pit has a hard time vs Fox and Falco for all of the typical reasons. Toon Link is also very very good against him because of TL's projectile game, harder hitting moves, and especially UpB. In my opinion and experience, he also has a very hard time dealing with a good ROB. In fact, I would say ROB is the hardest counter to Pit, because of several reasons:

ROB's hurtbox is tough for Pit to hit at times, because almost all of Pit's moves do not hit on the Z axis and ROBs hurtbox (esp his hands) can be tough to hit without Z axis moves. (This applies more than you would think!)
ROB has very good mobility to deal with Pit (who normally always has an advantage here)
ROB can edgeguard Pit, when most chars have a very tough time.
ROB is very difficult to combo.
ROB's lazer and spinnytop largely nullify the projectile advantage that Pit usually has.
ROB has really good pokes, and can keep up here with Pit where most characters would have a harder time pressuring him.
ROB hits MUCH harder than Pit and kills much earlier, and in a matchup with less combos than usual and great recoveries on both sides, this makes all the difference.

:glare:

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I hate you. Am I that far out of the public mind? I thought we were bros. This post is to make sure you remember me next time.

Ike and Marth are good vs Pit, but I wouldn't call them counters. Both of those matchups are pretty fun and only slightly in the Emblemies favor. Pit has a hard time vs Fox and Falco for all of the typical reasons. Toon Link is also very very good against him because of TL's projectile game, harder hitting moves, and especially UpB. In my opinion and experience, he also has a very hard time dealing with a good ROB. In fact, I would say ROB is the hardest counter to Pit, because of several reasons:

ROB's hurtbox is tough for Pit to hit at times, because almost all of Pit's moves do not hit on the Z axis and ROBs hurtbox (esp his hands) can be tough to hit without Z axis moves. (This applies more than you would think!)
ROB has very good mobility to deal with Pit (who normally always has an advantage here)
ROB can edgeguard Pit, when most chars have a very tough time.
ROB is very difficult to combo.
ROB's lazer and spinnytop largely nullify the projectile advantage that Pit usually has.
ROB has really good pokes, and can keep up here with Pit where most characters would have a harder time pressuring him.
ROB hits MUCH harder than Pit and kills much earlier, and in a matchup with less combos than usual and great recoveries on both sides, this makes all the difference.

:glare:

Whoa. Never thought of it that way. I always thought R.O.B. lacked strenght. His projectile game is actually pretty good.

Pit almost not having moves that hit on the Z Axis? Really? Didn't know that.

cmart

Smash Lord
Peef is talking about a build from several months old. That issue was actually addressed before Demo release

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea well those replays are gone lol. Anyways, I have been using Snake's upb for pressure similar to shine and it works really good since you can attack out of it almost instantly. So you can shfflc nair upb nair and its legit pressure. Also, Upb out of shield is super viable as well

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ya, really.
Even when ROB's arms were fixed (I was still in the USA then), if I'm not mistaken, his arms were "fattened up" but the hands were still difficult to hit/had no hurtbox at all.

Regardless, Fair and Bair have to reach in very far to try to hit ROB's noodlebody from behind, because his cord does not have a hitbox. So ROB's hitbox shape still applies, (think dash-dance and dash-away) because Pit really has to risk it when he reaches in to try to hit him with his relatively short-horizontal-range aerials.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
No one has seen you play Pit in months. Contrarily, cmart and Fly designed and playtested Demo 2 Pit, respectively. In addition, Rubyiris plays a good amount of Demo 2 Pit, and we have "recent" vids of him doing so to refer to.

>_>

PEEF!

Smash Hero
No one has seen you play Pit in months. Contrarily, cmart and Fly designed and playtested Demo 2 Pit, respectively. In addition, Rubyiris plays a good amount of Demo 2 Pit, and we have "recent" vids of him doing so to refer to.

>_>
Don't try to bring facts into an emotional debate.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
two things i've found:

1. if lucas air grabs an object while he is double jumping, he will fly upwards forever until you do another move.

2. the stopwatch item is really funky, it basically messes p all the physics(if you grab someone moving slow-mo, they instantly die)

edit: oops, apparently these are known. thought i was pretty thorough reading the list :p

Ace55

Smash Lord
Stopwatch is well known and not really important.
That Lucas thing I've never heard of though.

Freaking Ninjas

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Stopwatch should never be fixed. Without it, you can't perform ultra wavedashes and super shield rolls.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I finally got around to getting the online version. Now I have to hook my wii up to the internet...forgot my password though....troublesome...

leelue

Smash Lord
I'm going to bring this up later (big surprise) but in the future, I would like to see the characters that eat items (Wario, DDD, Kirby) heal 2-4% when they do.

Firstly, it would act as their psi magnet; a move that dissuades opponents from using a small subset of projectiles. Using this as a comparison, the idea is suddenly not foreign.

Secondarily, and this is actually more important,
it makes sense.

And finally, it would add to the completeness of Project M. Similar to the healing with Toon Link's milk and the damage on certain taunts, these little and mostly aesthetic changes really make the game feel more well thought out than either of its predecessors.

EDIT
striked out the less important element to the argument.

leelue

Smash Lord
I wanted to suggest 5% actually, but it seems like everyone has this mentality like "I'm ok with the idea of healing, but worried that a lot of people aren't". I am one of these potentially misguided people.

And no, robo, if it isn't smash, portal, or pokemon, go under the assumption I have no idea what other games are.
You're probably right if you do.

In any case, Eating is a character trait for wario and kirby, I'm sure that their esophageal lining is made of steel or something.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'd think it would hurt to eat an item, e.g. a bomb. Didn't you ever play OoT?
It already does that.

Mother boys aren't broken in teams, why would wario be, especially since 2-4% is way less than they heal?
-_-
Although the joke was that Wario doesn't have any lag after eating an item, unlike Kirby and Dedede. But really, see the previous line.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Explosives hurt Wario, but any other projectile that he can eat is fine I think. There's a couple of exceptions that can't be eaten though like Nikita missiles, arrows, lasers (obv), and a few others.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Manual give you more flexibility to exactly what part of the hitbox you hit them with. In teams, you can go past one opponent to hit the other. There's probably other stuff, but I'm watching Mahone's stream at the moment, so I'm thinking about Marth rather than Ike.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've used it to hit someone who WD OOS by doing it manually instead of automatically. If I did it automatically, I would've hit where they were standing and shielding and missed because they WD'd back and avoided it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom