• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So FoD has a 1minute 40second cycle? It's almost as if you guys were trying to make this hard to memorize.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So...who counters Pit in this game. Pit doesn't really feel like a super high tier but so far I've figured ways of playing tough match-ups. I was wondering if anyone has discovered a solid counter for him yet?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marth and Ike.
Really? Those 2? In a sword fight yeah I can see that. After figuring out I'm at a range disadvantage I didn't do to badly against them but I admit they are more formidable then others at times but I wouldn't say they are counters....or maybe there is something I haven't seen yet.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
inb4 cmart / Fly_Amanita / Rubyiris

Pit does reasonably well against spacies, imho. Shield bash OoS, gimps, combo stuff, and Pit's mobility are stuff which space animals must constantly be aware of. On a related note, Pit being lighter than Peach never stops making me laugh.

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't like using Pit against spacies. None of his attacks are really fast enough to fight them up front and they are pretty hard to get off you.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, you're supposed to be out-ranging spacies and playing the footsie game with Pit. That might help.

iLink

Smash Champion
Even then, Pit doesn't have very long range and his attacks are weakest at the tip of the swords. He also doesn't have the benefit of a good grab game like Marth.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Replays desynch using the normal build, Sneak. Need to use WiFi build.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Replays desynch using the normal build, Sneak. Need to use WiFi build.
So, I showed and downloaded P:M to a friend. He saved replays on the normal build.

Out of curiosity, if he installs the Wi-fi build after having saved those replays on the normal build, would they fix themselves? (No soft presses were used in case it was important, though)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
From our Downloads page:
The Full Codeset has codes that help the Melee feel of the game, but interrupt WiFi and Replays. For this reason, we have included a secondary download with these codes removed. If you play with the WiFi-Safe build, you will notice that the C-Stick does not buffer inputs as it does in Melee, and the shoulder buttons do not work as you would expect. Thus the PMBR recommends you play with the Full Codeset unless you're specifically using WiFi/Replays. You may switch between these two builds simply by replacing RSBE01.gct - Nothing else needs to be replaced.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Other than being able to save replays, what is the difference between the wifi build and the regular one?
Project M OP said:
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What's the difference between the offline code set and the WiFi Safe Code set?
A: The offline code set has very important codes that help the Melee feel of the game. Light presses is the main one in particular, where you can now half press the shoulder buttons to put your shield up. Brawl does not originally have this input stored, so WiFi becomes broken and desyncs every time you would go to light press your shield. Not only that, but replays are also broken at the cost of this, since replays in Brawl do not originally have this input stored either.
it's in the first post and on the download page.

McNinja

Smash Ace
What?! I missed the Pit discussion? Well anyways I personally like spacies with Pit. Doesn't his down throw set up for fairs/bairs around mid percent?

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom