• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
So, since you guys aren't announcing characters that were in Demo 1, could you just tell us which ones are going to be in Demo 2?

I mean if you aren't going to make announcements for them anyways you could just say "All but X" or "All of them", you don't need to change the thread title or anything since most people would just assume they'd return.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Should Pokemon Trainer's picture be taken off the Brawl newcomers roster? 100% chance he isn't going to be announced ever.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So, since you guys aren't announcing characters that were in Demo 1, could you just tell us which ones are going to be in Demo 2?

I mean if you aren't going to make announcements for them anyways you could just say "All but X" or "All of them", you don't need to change the thread title or anything since most people would just assume they'd return.
We have a plan, man.

Should Pokemon Trainer's picture be taken off the Brawl newcomers roster? 100% chance he isn't going to be announced ever.
Can't without Dantarion. We're working on it.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Probably been said and done before, but I'll say it anyway.

It'd be amusing to have Pokemon Trainer as his own actual character, and he throws empty Pokeballs around at his opponents, or uses one that summons a Pokemon. It'd just be out there.

Probably too out there for P:M, and impossible right now without the code who's name escapes me right now (please remind me DX), but it'd be humorous.

On-topic though: I want Bowser confirmed too. ;A; Then all my hype will be satisfied for another year, seeing as the next demo will probably take just as long.

Revven

FrankerZ
Alright, thanks for watching my stream tonight for whoever did, it was actually pretty fun talking to you guys and explaining somethings better. You can catch the archive (for those who missed it) and watch me at some point fail to realize Ike's Side B wall jump had different input than I remembered (shows how much I play the character/how often I'm in tune to his changes!): http://www.twitch.tv/falco400/videos?frh=1332300395

Obv start from the 27 minute one. For some reason, my stream might have cut off at times hence the separate videos! Anyway, I plan to stream again on Thursday, possibly in the afternoon or something. Not sure what I'll do, but that's the fun of it, right? :)

See ya.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I know Olimar will not be in Demo 2, and we talked about him before, but...

What can you possibly do with him?
I've been asking myself the same. Of all the Brawl characters I have the hardest time seeing him in a melee setting. Especially considering he needs his pikman to fight.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
i dunno his melee with his pikmin in brawl really isnt bad. he has a pretty decent approach. to me imho the only thing that held him back in vbrawl was his tether/pikmin return. but thats only my opinion. sorry typing on 3ds. i trust the devs have something great instore for him.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I am kind of curious to know, which characters have recieved the least amount of work?

I figure Luigi, Olimar, ICs, Yoshi, and Samus have remained the most untouched

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Olimar, ICs, Ivysaur

Yoshi has had a lot of work done to him I don't know why you would list him.... and Samus has been reverted to Melee mostly. Luigi I'm not sure about, he seems good right now but I don't know how much about him they actually changed.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Master Hand has the title for most unchanged...

Now that I think about it though, could you port Melee Master Hand into P:M leaving in the additional moves?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
untouched?? Samus, yoshi and Luigi have all gotten plenty of work done. wouldn't even be surprised if they were in the demo

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Quick question: Are announced characters still getting little tweaks?

Also, I like the way the random select works in Brawl.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Only problem I have with the Brawl's random select is that it doesn't show who you're random'ing to on the CSS and / or SSS.
Wait, people don't like that? That's the best part! It's actually random in the sense that you can't go "Oh, wait, I got Pichu. Hold on, I'm hitting it again." It makes hitting random actually risky, a.k.a. fun.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I like that it makes it truly random because you can't see who you get until the match starts, but I'd prefer the ability to at least see who I'll get before the match starts so I can avoid getting a character I hate, don't want to end up doing a ditto, etc. Not sure if others have the same viewpoint as I do though.

Cero

Smash Lord
We could just keep the random select button as is and add back the ability from the Melee css where if you press anywhere that's not a character icon, then it goes to a random character.

That way you can choose either knowing or not knowing when you random your next match.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna see some Kong loving. :c

Just imagine DK's Melee Up Aerial / Grab combos and Up B sweet spot.

And just imagine Diddy being even better. :awesome:
(F Air should kill better)

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
The least touched characters are ics olimar and ivy

:phone:
Fixed. To my knowledge anyway.

Only problem I have with the Brawl's random select is that it doesn't show who you're random'ing to on the CSS and / or SSS.
That's the best part! It's like rolling a die and knowing what you're gonna get before you start playing the game. And I agree with Cero about the hybrid random select. You guys are doing a lot of hybrid things.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
We could just keep the random select button as is and add back the ability from the Melee css where if you press anywhere that's not a character icon, then it goes to a random character.

That way you can choose either knowing or not knowing when you random your next match.
this x10chars

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If it would be easier, I'd make it so pressing X or Y while on random switches you to knowing what character it's going to be.

I agree with what everyone else said, not knowing who it's going to be is fun. Otherwise you might as well pick the random character yourself.

iLink

Smash Champion
Speaking of those ghosts, am I correct in assuming that they are on a timer now instead of being random?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy is pretty good right now, at least for his normals. His specials need a lot of work.
I noticed from a few battles that his auto legde grab on his Up B is gone though? I don't think his specials are bad otherwise, unless you'd wanna remove the bananas completely and have a different sort of move instead? But I think that's better left of for the actual developers of the game. Side, Up and Neutral B are all very clever thought of moves though.

iLink

Smash Champion
I noticed from a few battles that his auto legde grab on his Up B is gone though? I don't think his specials are bad otherwise, unless you'd wanna remove the bananas completely and have a different sort of move instead? But I think that's better left of for the actual developers of the game. Side, Up and Neutral B are all very clever thought of moves though.
No one's upb auto ledgegrabs, except ivysaur and zss for obvious reasons.

Also Shadic is a developer.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What's the chance of Demo2 being out by April 7th?

If it's out, our local NC TO said we could have it at the next tournament, which is on the 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom