• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Their goal was before the end of March. I'm kind of assuming a few days after since a few of the devs have said not to take what Shadic said as absolute.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I noticed from a few battles that his auto legde grab on his Up B is gone though? I don't think his specials are bad otherwise, unless you'd wanna remove the bananas completely and have a different sort of move instead? But I think that's better left of for the actual developers of the game. Side, Up and Neutral B are all very clever thought of moves though.
Auto-snapping ledges are gone. And the specials mechanically operate differently in P:M simply because the physics are different, and little glitches that we have. SideB isn't useful for recovery at the moment, and UpB causes Diddy to fall rather fast downward when he's charging. Peanuts aren't very useful at the moment, either. Their pace doesn't fit in with the game. Bananas are limited to just one at the time, and they're harder to pull out and use when the game is far faster.

I'm the main guy working on Diddy.

Their goal was before the end of March. I'm kind of assuming a few days after since a few of the devs have said not to take what Shadic said as absolute.
Taking release claims made months ago probably isn't the best idea.

iLink

Smash Champion
Taking release claims made months ago probably isn't the best idea.
To bad fair, you did make it seem like you guys were pretty adamant about it. I remember someone even calling out the pmbr on it and you telling him he was wrong. He then said if that was the case, he would make a public apology.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying "HEY YOU GUYS SAID IT WOULD BE OUT BY ______ YOU BETTER NOT MISS THE DATE NAGNAGNAG". I expected there to be a slight overlap anyway, and I'm fine with it if it means the demo will be more polished. Just stating what has been said.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He said in how many months some time ago.

I think that date landed in the Mid March-April range, I can't recall where, though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He said in how many months some time ago.

I think that date landed in the Mid March-April range, I can't recall where, though.
I said "less than six months" approximately five months ago. Which should still be accurate. Should be.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I like that it makes it truly random because you can't see who you get until the match starts, but I'd prefer the ability to at least see who I'll get before the match starts so I can avoid getting a character I hate, don't want to end up doing a ditto, etc. Not sure if others have the same viewpoint as I do though.
I've always liked the way it works in melee, if I'm randoming it's probably to have fun, so getting a character I don't enjoy playing as goes against that.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I missed a discussion on DLC. I'm just going to say this:

The industry is much more democratic than you might think. Poeple vote with their wallets, and buying means approving for a company.

Companies will try to find ways to make profit while expending less effort. In the end, it's muh easier to make money off a 60$ 6 hour game than a 60$ 80 hour game. It's also easy to legitimize overpriced DLC if poeple buy them.

Like every destructive trend in the gaming industry, they happen because we let them happen. We buy their trash, est it up, ask for more. If you want that to change, people should mass together and just hold out. That's what I'll do for Smash Bros. 4.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've always liked the way it works in melee, if I'm randoming it's probably to have fun, so getting a character I don't enjoy playing as goes against that.
That's exactly how I feel. IE: I'd use Random to get any character besides, say, yoshi, because I'm bad with yoshi in melee. lol

iLink

Smash Champion
I prefer getting characters I don't know very well because I actually have to use them. That and if you set a cpu to random, you don't have to manually change it every time you want to play against a random character.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I have 2 questions:

1, would the P:M team ever give a statistic listing for stuff like Dash Speed, air speed, wave dash lengths, etc. for all of the P:M characters?

2, would the P:M team ever consider implementing a property that would give certain attacks untechable KB or untechable KB for a certain number of frames? I think it would add an interesting layer of depth to the combos in smash, which, save for a few exceptions, are almost all strictly air combos. It would also be a nod to wall combos in 64.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
So a friend of mine were playing Smash 64 on netplay earlier, he was playing as Mario and I was Jigglypuff. At the end of one game in particular he managed to spike me with Mario's tornado in midair....so my question to you guys is: Can you make the end of Mario tornado spike in P:M like it did in Smash Bros 64?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Ah that's good to hear. It'd be nice to give each original character an element of their past since you guys gave samus her Smash 64 bair.

JohnnyLeven

Smash Cadet
would the P:M team ever give a statistic listing for stuff like Dash Speed, air speed, wave dash lengths, etc. for all of the P:M characters?
I don't think this is what IR MarF is asking, but it made me think of something similar.
I've always wanted additional statistics to be tracked, like total distance wavedashed, total distance air dodged, total fairs used, etc. Is any of that sort of thing possible? I'm guessing not, but it would be cool if it were.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while and I'm extremely hyped for the upcoming demo 2.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Ouch..... No idea. Oh well
It's really close to the demo's release date, and the PMBR is trying to finalize the characters and stages that they have. Trying to tack on an additional stage that currently isn't in their roster at all would require them to deviate from the hard work that they're currently doing (and probably would cause them to have to check the stage's blast zones, size, creating a stage icon for it, and all that other jazz that I'm probably forgetting), and delay the demo considerably, which is something that no one wants.

If you really want the stage yourself, just replace it over another stage that isn't too popular and/or you never play (say, 75m).

JOE!

Smash Hero
Speaking of the m64 bg version, Couldn't this treatment be given to other 64 stages that are appearing? I know there's a pretty cool hyrule castle revamp floating about...

:phone:

iLink

Smash Champion
As much as I would want that stage, there really are too many viable stages already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom