• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
HEY GUYS LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS COOL NEW "DEMO 2" THING; I HEARD IT'S PART OF THIS NEW VIDEO GAME CALLED "PROJECT M"

10caps

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Hey, I just wanted to keep our off-topic discussion on-topic. There's an exception to everything, which is why I'd rather reserve PC software as a different topic. Now about that Skullgirls link... Okay, so there are multiple Eastern and Western influences on the art style. No surprise there.

Let's just call this a draw. It was about opinion, anyway, and there's too much to talk about in such small responses. I'm just annoyed that you would think I make no sense when you clearly don't have your statements well thought out. (On top of that, I certainly made sense, even if I didn't provide all the details.) Also, lions are totally cats. Just wanted to let you know.
How can it be a draw if you're basing your arguments on something that is wrong("games are software, but not that kind of software")?

And your arguments made no sense, if they didn't advertise the characters as DLC, then it can't be false advertisement, how can something that never happened be a lie? I'm not saying they won't do it, cause they probably will(maybe they'll even say "it's Disk Locked Contente aka DLC", and if they do it'd be pretty funny), but at this point in time what you said has no relevance and doesn't contribute anything.

Your second point was already addressed, software is intellectual property.

And your third point, well, you claimed what Capcom said was BS due to how MK9 did it.
They never said it was impossible to do it that way, they just chose to put it on the disk cause it saved them money and it happens to be more convenient for customers(no huge downloads needed for anyone=less hassle for online multiplayer+saved time and bandwidth), but that was probably secondary to them when making the decision.

So, there, you made no sense.

metroid1117

Smash Master
NeoZ and others still willing to debate about this topic, please take it to PMs. The rest of us would like to discuss Demo 2.

Out of curiosity, what tools does Wario have that make him viable? Besides his Shoulder Bash, UAir/DAir, and Fart, I personally don't know of what other strengths Wario possesses. Does he still have his DACUS? Also, compared to other FSmashes, how strong is his new FSmash?

jalued

Smash Lord
NeoZ and others still willing to debate about this topic, please take it to PMs. The rest of us would like to discuss Demo 2.

Out of curiosity, what tools does Wario have that make him viable? Besides his Shoulder Bash, UAir/DAir, and Fart, I personally don't know of what other strengths Wario possesses. Does he still have his DACUS? Also, compared to other FSmashes, how strong is his new FSmash?
He has amazing aerial maneuverability, and can stay alive for ages (think puff but heavy)

NeoZ

Smash Ace

I'm not stopping anyone from discussing PM, feel free to do it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Wario has amazing aerial mobility and a cute Bair. He can essentially turn into a fatter version of Puff if the playing using him chooses so. Wario's DSmash is another **** tool in his arsenal; despite not being fast (when compared to many other DSmashes in the game), it sets up tech chase opportunities and certain kill moves wonderfully.

To answer your other questions - Wario's FSmash is pretty strong, from my experience. It's not quite as powerful as the vBrawl iteration, but definitely is one of Wario's more reliable follow-ups out of a DSmash bounce. Wario's DACUS, like most DACUS's, has been greatly toned down from its vBrawl counterpart. It's still fast, but doesn't slide as far.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm not interested in your response if you're just going to lie about what I've said. NeoZ, I was willing to give you a chance. If you're a troll? Good job. If you're serious, then there's nothing I can do to help you. My points made sense. You haven't convinced me that I'm wrong. You haven't convinced me that your points have any value whatsoever. You also haven't convinced me that lions aren't cats. If you're going to continue insulting me just to get back at me for not being wrong about the cats, I'm done.

Anything else to say? PM me. I'm sure everyone here is sick of this DLC talk.

Since Classic Wario is now default, does that mean demo 2 will come with copies of his textures in the right order? Just wondering.

Revven

FrankerZ
Any chance of a stream tonight? (in the next 30min)
I was thinking of streaming training mode stuff, mainly Wario, but I don't think anyone would be really interested... since I don't have anyone to play with lol.

Unless, you guys want to be educated or something a little more in-depth on the character? I don't know. Was thinking of doing something like that Thursday but nothing's going on right now so...

Let me know.

Edit: Mch12: You're thinking of when he could meteor cancel, iirc it's not until frame 60 can he meteor cancel (which means, he actually CAN'T meteor cancel in Brawl).

Obviously, that's fixed in PM.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Has the charging time on Wario's downB been changed? Or was the speed of Melee compared to Brawl not an issue?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I need to look at wario's new bair in action more. The last time I saw it I remember thinking it didn't quite have the "smash bros. feel."

I honestly think it might have been just the sound it made. It was a strong move that didn't make a loud noise.

What kind of sound does it make in the current build?

Revven

FrankerZ
Though, half Waft and full Waft have been switched, in terms kill power (doesn't make sense to me, but w/e).
This is false, it's always been half charge = stronger and full waft = weaker, since vBrawl.

I take it people missed my post about me streaming stuff? Ok, that's cool with me, I won't do it! :p

9Kplus1

Smash Master
This is false, it's always been half charge = stronger and full waft = weaker, since vBrawl.
Odd... they seemed to be interchanged at one point to me. Oh well, thanks for the correction.

I need to look at wario's new bair in action more. The last time I saw it I remember thinking it didn't quite have the "smash bros. feel."

I honestly think it might have been just the sound it made. It was a strong move that didn't make a loud noise.

What kind of sound does it make in the current build?
To be fair, Puff's Fair doesn't sound strong at all, nor does Marth's Bair.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion

I take it people missed my post about me streaming stuff? Ok, that's cool with me, I won't do it! :p
If you're up for it, I'd like to see you stream stuff. I'm only one person, though.

iLink

Smash Champion
Several of his ground attacks now act as launchers which send foes above him so that he can chase them into the air. These launchers include his jab, the majority of his tilts, smashes, down throw, and his brand new up throw that is based on the Seismic Toss motion from the animated series.
Charizard's down throw is a launcher?

Revven

FrankerZ
Gonna be live and answering questions I guess about newly announced characters: twitch.tv/falco400

Let's see how it goes! If it fails, oh well.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Property != intellectual property, so there, you're analogy is wrong.
It's on the ****ing disc. In what way is it not physical? It's physically on the ****ing disc, or are you seriously gonna tell me that I'm not allowed to use certain portions of the physical disc?

Sorry for the late reply.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Wolf announced? Guaranteed I got someone to play now

I doubt we'll be doing any extraneous work for Demo 1 character writeup pages. Anybody with significant work on them will receive an appropriately updated page, but we're not looking to replicate too much effort.
Link still have that shield while walking thing from a while back?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
looks similar to Ganon/Falcon's bair, and I believe it turns him around ala Marth. don't see how that doesn't feel like Smash bros.

Link still have that shield while walking thing from a while back?
yes

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It's on the ****ing disc. In what way is it not physical? It's physically on the ****ing disc, or are you seriously gonna tell me that I'm not allowed to use certain portions of the physical disc?

Don't bother. He's not worth arguing with.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

That's how software works, the data on the disc is not yours, you actually own a license to use it, you can, for instance, sell your disc, but you can't copy or distribute the data without permission.
Don't bother. He's not worth arguing with.
lol

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Way to waste your 1K :glare:

and NeoZ, if he keeps posting, then stop replying. Eventually the both of you will move on.
I wasn't even replying to him, Evilagram asked a question, so I answered, he decided it was a chance to try and insult me(btw, he just answered my PM by insulting me instead of answering my question so whatever).

I'll keep quiet until there's something else to discuss ;)

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I want a re-do
Go and edit it, we'll act like the edit never happened.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just cut it out before I summon Bionic to close this thing until demo 2 comes out(This means no more announcements if that happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom