• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think I'm excited for the final release but not hyped for it. Maybe. That or I'm hyped for the final release but not excited. Either way. I don't think people who've been following over 2 years should be expected to still have the same type of care as they did when they first saw Shanus's PM trailer.
Well, it depends how invested the people were in the project to begin with. For those of us who are expecting to play Project M seriously, making it our main Smash game and possibly playing it in tournaments, we will get re-hyped when the demo/final release comes out. For us that marks the point when the game is fully playable (comparatively to demo1 which was basically a teaser tech-demo). For the people who just passed a glance at Project M, maybe heard about it from another site when demo1 came out or whatever, then you're right, they're not gonna care too much about any future versions. For them it's just "hey, that's interesting, they're able to hack the game and create a new game, but it doesn't affect me".

My point is that the project hasn't entirely lost its audience yet. Sure they will lose some players since the last demo, but they will also gain more (including some who skipped the first demo) because the game is closer to being in a completed, real playable state.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I also find ICs' WD easier. Fox's used to derive me nuts. After playing nothing but Fox for a while I can now do an average of 2-3 consecutive waveshines. I can do way more in demo1 but that's to be expected. So basically just pretend the jump frames aren't the same.

The troll face makes no sense
Touché

In regards to Demo2, all I have to say is that I never asked for this. I never asked to be shown how patient I was. Or how much more I could become...

*whoever gets that is awesome and deserves many cookies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't know why I can WD with IC's consistently but can't WD with Fox at all even though they have the same jump frames.

It's weird.
It might be because Fox rises higher than ICs when he jumps; if you mess up the timing for IC's wavedash you're closer to the ground than if you would be if you were Fox, thus making it look cleaner.

Speaking of jump frames, what are the jump frames for newcomers like Charizard, Ike, and TL and which Melee character "feels" most like said newcomers in terms of wavedashing? I know such data is subject to change, but only I want to get an idea of how fluid these characters would feel.

Also, has Bowser's 9-frame jump been sped up, or is it unchanged?

Mid0ri

Smash Rookie
hardly, there are only max 20 people that actually follow this thread regularly. No one else cares atm
I beg to differ, you're not taking into account all the lurkers too lazy to post as well as all the people I have told about this mod throughout all of the city, all waiting with much anticipation ;)

And yes I felt the need to sign up and join to say that
-as well as-
I cannot express how awesome the pmbr is for the amount of devotion and energy they have for creating such a professional looking fan project. Love it all and keep up the great work, I speak for the group of melee fans I play with when I say you guys help make the smashbros community that much more awesome ^^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I respect you completely for being in the backroom, but you cant back up your arguments with false information like this.

Sheiks PAL dthrow will ONLY chaingrab if the opponent DI's in (which you should never do against sheiks anyway) , the best DI to escape her ftilt followups is down and away. That's why i don't understand why i saw streams where people were moaning that they couldn't DI the move correctly...
Tech-chasing != chaingrabbing, learn the difference.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Starscream, if you came to gameclucks last month, you would've been playing P:M with me, shadic, and mattnumbers! O: Adam and Eric were there too- although they weren't playing p:m lol

And God said on the day of Manifest: Let there be P:M! And there was P:M.

MaxThunder

PM Support
so... have i missed anything the last week or so?..

oh wow... toon link have been announced... i should probably have noticed that earlier... like... when i found the thread... cause it's in the name and all...

jalued

Smash Lord
guys, i'm sorry for all the bull**** posts, the unhelpful replies and inability to read peoples posts. I greatly appreciate all the work going into this project, and i will be refraining from posting until the demo 2 comes out.

Keep up the good work, and i'm sorry for everything

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Thanks man, that actually means more than you'd think.

If you really want to play, feel free to contact the nearest PMBR member to you:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgbwCsGHDJttdEFPWnRBOFRka2xHc3piTmVuMFZ0SEE&output=html

Europe looks lonely =/ I'd love to apply as I play-tester

Seriously, remember the time when the first demo was released. People were so inpatient and everyone was saying "just release it already". I remember this one guy posting something like "go life your lives in the meantime" and I think it was well said.
There are so many things in life better than playing games, let alone waiting for one's release. Just focus on other things, go out, meet people, read a book, write stuff, edit videos, leave smashboards for a week or something.

I feel sorry for people who have nothing else to do while waiting for the second demo. So much that they have to come here to express their frustration.

Even more so I don't want the PMBR rushing the second demo, as the first one was bit rushed (Magus making last-minute changes, pressure with delays etc.). I've tried to focus on the larger picture and imagine what part P:M has in the future of the Smash scene.

I've only played the first demo and I feel that P:M is not going to be a match for Melee, it might come close though as the time passes and the team has made unimaginable progress already.

As someone said, many people won't like P:M simply because it is not Melee, more so that it doesn't look like Melee.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's just me (although I know it isn't), but I enjoy Project M more than Melee (which was my favorite game up until recently). The fact that there are a lot more options in terms of viable characters and stages sold me over. Even though I've only ever had the demo, I have a consistent group of pretty decent friends to play it with, thus making up for the lack of tournament scene for Project M. While I don't think PM will replace Melee due to Melee's long history, it will bring forth its own scene. Kind of like what Brawl did, except instead of being terrible it will be good.

Keep up the good work PMBR. I've been following this thread since last February and I have no problem waiting for something that I will probably be playing for the next 10 years. Glad to hear Demo 2 is not that far off.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
So what's the deal with project m and online play. I've heard little things here and there but no specifics. Enlighten me?

:phone:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Whenever I boot up Melee and look at the character screen, I feel so limited. When I look at P:M streams and see the whole roster of characters all being built to be tourney-viable, I want to play everyone. Aesthetic differences don't mean jack to me and I use a large variety of texture packs as it is. The only thing I hate about Brawl that P:M won't directly fix is sound effects and I'm going to end up using Riivolution for that anyways.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
So what's the deal with project m and online play. I've heard little things here and there but no specifics. Enlighten me?

There are some coding issues that cause a few glitches, including not being able to efficiently play on Wifi. If a breakthrough arises, with which Wifi play becomes possible, then it will likely be included in the following build; however, Wifi is not a priority atm.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's funny because I feel the same way when I look at Brawl. It legitimately feels like there are less characters because they're all so terrible.
If you're talking about vBrawl, then absolutely. Mario and Link were at least average in Melee but they're utter **** in Brawl. Outside of that, I don't care for Brawl's overall style of play so of course next to none of them would appeal to me. That's part of why Project M looks so awesome.

shanus

Smash Hero
we'll likely be releasing 2 gcts, one with wifi, one without.

The one with wifi will come with a few tradeoffs such as undifferentiated light presses/hard presses for airdodges, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom