• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
my only problem with wifi is that i have an insane amount of input lag... more than whoever i'm playing... so i can't react to anything at all...

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Wifi is a different game. Some things that can be dealt with on reaction offline cannot be reacted to online. PM is a very precise game and I hence feel like I have nothing to learn from a heavily delayed environment.

In other news, I should be able to stream with Sung starting next week. We'll probably mostly play on Tuesday mornings. Actually, we might just record. I'm not sure yet.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
In other news, I should be able to stream with Sung starting next week. We'll probably mostly play on Tuesday mornings. Actually, we might just record. I'm not sure yet.
I say record! I like watching youtube vids because lately streams that would normally play just fine are skipping and junk. Plus, more people can see the vids on youtube as opposed to finding them on Twitch to see how the near complete characters are doing.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Theres not a lot of traffic on Tuesday mornings. Might as well record. If it's night time, then stream.

:phone:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
hmm today feels like a good day to go play all my video games and just save a file. Just cause its the 29th and i won't get this chance again for 4 years.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol, when demo2 is released it'll blow everyone and everything out of the water.

These guys have no idea. :p

Chibo's just mad that project:M isn't out yet trololol

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol how is P:M even in that comparison if it's not even out yet....dumb

and Chibo's post is laughable

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I didn't even see Chibo's post. I was just looking at the body of the blog. Apparently some people think that Project M is vaporware or that it stopped development a while ago.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
P:M Demo2 alone will be much better than Brawl+/Brawl- final releases

those 2 mods don't compare to the amount of work put into Project M.....not even close

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Chibo said:
One of the scumbaggiest things about PM imo is that paid tournaments are held for it on occasion where PMBR members are allowed to enter. They're the only ones that can own the game, which gives them a clear advantage over anyone else. This wouldn't be an issue if they only ran events for public releases, or PMBR'ers weren't allowed to enter.
I honestly lol'd

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Am I missing something here because that's a pretty legit concern. :confused:
"There hasn't been a P:M tourney in ages; any P:M side events are usually small, and the hosts generally inform those entering about significant character changes. You should really keep in mind that it's uncommon for a PMBR member to actually win the smaller P:M tournies. Also, Project:M is exclusive to the devs (i.e, the playtesters, animators, coders, etc) because it would be a pretty dumb idea to release a glitchy, unfinished hack to the public -- only to be thanked with constant *****ing about how something "isn't 'Melee' enough" -- not to mention that said people have earned the right to directly contribute to such a great project. It's not as if you can't find a PMBR member near you, either. The bags of salt you're carrying will only get larger if you keep up the useless QQing."

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's called playtesting. Paid tournaments ensure that people are playing to win.

I've placed 2nd a lot (a LOT) but I've never won a paid P:M tournament that I ran. Though tbh I had to go a bit out of my way to make sure I didn't win a few of them :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That joke was used for M2K during the Brawl days..........

Anyway, if he's comparing B- to Demo ONE, well no **** chibo.

Stay tuned for the second demo.

That blog post is basically "I miss B+"...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Tom Brady is a top MK player and worked on Mortal Kombat and the guide for MONTHS before the game was released.

He performed well for the first couple of tournaments... and then fell off the face of the earth. Game testers/devs aren't going to dominate tournaments everyone, don't worry.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Pikmin is serious business.

Collecting those marbles.
As a matter of fact, I just played Pikmin 2 over the weekend with someone who actually knew how to play (my first time playing anyone aside from my brother) and it actually was (relatively) serious business. Kept me on my toes all the time and I felt like I had to work hard for my success. Felt really satifying when I won too, because I earned it. I rarely get that feeling with video games anymore because almost any time I play any games with anybody these days they're always way above or way below my skill level. (Unfortunately Smash is included in that :c). I'd love for the next Pikmin game to have an expanded battle mode (more levels, higher win conditions, maybe even 100 Pikmin per player since it will be on the Wii-U).

Plus I won a stuffed Pikmin for beating a bunch of people ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom