• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Character confirmation in rewards for page 1337:
Link.
Mario.
Captain Falcon.
Fox.
Marth.
Somebody else with a sword.
Falco.
Somebody who can jump.
Somebody with fire.
Toon Link technically fits all 3 of this descriptions. But if we assume that Shadic wasn't trying to trick us too hard, he's probably the character with the sword.

I think that Charizard will be another character confirmed for the demo in the next month.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Somebody else with sword: Toonlink
Somebody who can jump: King Dedede
Somebody with fire: Charizard

You heard it here first. I'm calling it.

btw: I can't believe you took the effort to actually dig that quote back up LOL

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Toon Link technically fits all 3 of this descriptions. But if we assume that Shadic wasn't trying to trick us too hard, he's probably the character with the sword.
Wrong, Toon Link Technically fits four. ;)
Character confirmation in rewards for page 1337:
Link.
Mario.
Captain Falcon.
Fox.
Marth.
Somebody else with a sword.
Falco.
Somebody who can jump.
Somebody with fire.
:alakadoof:

(By the way, this is fun in a mean way. Love ya guys.)

Ecks

Smash Lord
"Somebody who can jump" may refer to a character with a special jumping ability, like Zard's down b, or Bowser's cancel-able down b. Otherwise, that statement is the vaguest thing I've ever heard.

I personally think it's Mario :D

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Someone who can jump?

It's Neko. Have you ever seen him on a trampoline?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just release the ****ing game already
But you have to admit, it's getting better. A little better, all the time.

Seriously. We're working on it. A little courtesy towards the people making the game you're going to play and then later complain about wouldn't kill ya.

jalued

Smash Lord
But you have to admit, it's getting better. A little better, all the time.

Seriously. We're working on it. A little courtesy towards the people making the game you're going to play and then later complain about wouldn't kill ya.
yeah i'm sorry, i'm feeling angry atm (my desk kinda has a hole in it now :/ ). I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, i'm just getting tired of waiting and starting to not care anymore

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I feel I speak for a lot of the non-devs when I say that I'd like any new characters to be released consecutively after this demo rather than waiting for the less frequent big pack of them as a new demo (3?). I think it would hold a lot more hype momentum that way too.

Another question I haven't seen asked for a while. Is there anything besides finishing the final chunks of the cast that you devs have left to do? The game looks near completion and I haven't noticed any huge/important new additions lately (think LD). One would guess things like Melee tethers that haven't been figured out by now have been given up on or at least aren't the biggest priorities.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yeah i'm sorry, i'm feeling angry atm (my desk kinda has a hole in it now :/ ). I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, i'm just getting tired of waiting and starting to not care anymore
Even now that you can see the finish line?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
PM Thread is opened.

Weeks later BW is announced.

Demo 1 comes out.

Weeks later, BW Comes out in America.

Demo 2 relative release date is announced.

Weeks later, BW2 relative release date is announced.

March: Demo 2 Comes out

June: BW2 comes out

Moral of story: PMBR releases Demos weeks before a new Pokemon game comes out.

PMBR also makes 0-budget demos at the same rate as Gamefreak makes full-budget games.

jalued

Smash Lord
Only ~33 days left until demo2 guys! It's sooo close.. that I can almost taste it.... mmm *lick*

And I agree with Mch12 about the new characters being released consecutively, being added to demo2 to build more hype. It's also a cool way to test out "near-completion" characters on a public scale :)

Oh, and the whole hype thing is huge too. :D
hardly, there are only max 20 people that actually follow this thread regularly. No one else cares atm

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Over 2 million thread views begs to differ. This has been the most consistently popular thread on all of smashboards since before demo 1 came out.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
PM Thread is opened.
Demo 1 comes out.
PMBR also makes 0-budget demos at the same rate as Gamefreak makes full-budget games.
Demo 3 should beat Black and White Gray Version 2.0

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yes, in 2 years. But in the last few months things have definitely slowed down, alot
And what do you think is gonna happen when demo 2's release comes around? I'm willing to bet it's gonna be even bigger than demo 1's release.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think I'm excited for the final release but not hyped for it. Maybe. That or I'm hyped for the final release but not excited. Either way. I don't think people who've been following over 2 years should be expected to still have the same type of care as they did when they first saw Shanus's PM trailer. I mean honestly the only problem is the fact that this game got alot of attention way too soon. Realistically, this game has only truly been on the path of melee for a year maybe a little less. The vast majority of the first year was trial and error, trying to build melee engine from scratch, Major bugs and drawbacks, as well as a constantly changing team. If you sit back an look at it...the PMBR has gone through a considerable amount of drama and hard work on top of being constantly bombed with questions, critiques, and negativity from supporters and non-supporters alike.

The least anyone could do here is say thank you for this even existing. Does it really matter how long it takes if it is being done? Who else is going to make Melee 2.0? Sakurai? You? The answer is no and **** no. So stop complaining. If you don't want to wait around then occupy yourself with other games in between time and just forget about it for now and come back when it's done. Anything is better than daily complaints. Not only are they unproductive and at times offensive but it is also are demoralizing and if anything make the project take longer. Maybe the programmer was going to work on a technique that would ultimately be in the final version of a particular character. However they read through pages of demoralizing, disheartening, and just...silly comments and decided to push it off for a week or 2. Ultimately extending the release date by 1 or 2 weeks in the long run..Why? Because you wouldn't shut the **** up!

so yea.....Shut the **** up and wait...mother ****ers! :reverse:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
PM Thread is opened.

Demo 1 comes out.

Nice try, but you first used the American BW release date, then you referenced the Japanese BW2 release date. BW2 comes out in America in Fall. Close enough, though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I check this thread regularly and most of my anxiousness for P:M is solved by keeping myself occupied with other things.

Though I must say, the full release can't be far off from the demo 2 release. I suspect that there are some incredibly specific engine changes needed to fully realize Melee's engine within Brawl, but otherwise it all comes down to completing characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom