• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Lucas is a lot more solid at the moment than he was before. He's still an easy candidate for worst in the game, but he isn't ****ing double Z tier anymore.

With that equation, Ness gets 4 frames of shield stun if down B deals 4.5 non-hitstun %. That is I think literally just enough to land a grab with absolutely perfect timing if the move was JC'd, then the Jump was canceled with a grab*.

Now how much does Fox's shine deal again?

*Not accounting for shield pushback or shield DI.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Tell me if I am alone in this but...Is anyone else looking forward to re-beating the story mode in this when things are finally complete?

Personally I can't wait until everything is finish and then I'll just play it with a friend and wombo combo everything.

leelue

Smash Lord
As for the Ness talk, I had a mini essay about it before my program crashed.
Sigh
I sided with kink begrudgingly because I gave the nod to a move that has a unique application.
However, my reservations still apply. If I could think of another character to put that on, I would. But Ness is the best candidate and I want to see this move in practice.
I'm still with ya though, phootbag. This idea is unusual though, unlike "make x land cancelable" or some other garbage.

Also, when reading up on psa I learned that you can adjust the shieldstun values apparently. I may have misinterpretated what I saw (i am very much a noob in that area) but apparently Martha's tipper has a lot of extra shield stun compared to other moves (most follow whatever the formula is).
I repeat: I may be totally wrong on this.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Shield stun is a constant, and as far as I know only shield damage and hitlag (I believe independent for the attacker and victim?) can be applied to a hitbox.

Not sure if shield pushback is handled through a formula or a variable though.

9K- Money is much less of a problem then getting available transportation.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Tell me if I am alone in this but...Is anyone else looking forward to re-beating the story mode in this when things are finally complete?

Personally I can't wait until everything is finish and then I'll just play it with a friend and wombo combo everything.
I've always look forward to it too. That's partly why I asked.
I remember in the first demo it was impossible, but I had the feeling it was intentionally made so by the devs. I never actually had my suspicions confirmed though...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Queens, is New York right? I'm about a 40 minute train ride from GCS, but still have the problem of arranging someone in the area to take me there.

I legitimately think this Ness/shield pressure discussion is the only new topic in the last 20 pages.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Spam, you and I can do SSE if you manage to stay at JC's for a night. I ****ing love Pit now, btw :)

:phone:
You stay with JC now? and yeah Pit has the makings of a well balanced character just based on what tools he has had since brawl.

I've always look forward to it too. That's partly why I asked.
I remember in the first demo it was impossible, but I had the feeling it was intentionally made so by the devs. I never actually had my suspicions confirmed though...
Well I get the feeling the difference in physics would be confusing as ****. In fact it's possible that all of 1 player/story mode will have to be worked on separately....idk.

leelue

Smash Lord
Queens, is New York right? I'm about a 40 minute train ride from GCS, but still have the problem of arranging someone in the area to take me there.

I legitimately think this Ness/shield pressure discussion is the only new topic in the last 20 pages.
Queens is a subdivision of nyc. Manhattan is the nyc everybody knows, and queens is a bit east from there. It's on long island. If you look up a town called whitestone, that's where my friend Eli lives and that's where I play.

I live in Nassau county which is one more county east.

Where did you need transport to/from again? If it's after the gcs step that isn't a big problem.

Also
The balancing issue concerning overly-balanced characters isn't new-ish?

Man I should sleep. Damn this insomnia.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well I get the feeling the difference in physics would be confusing as ****. In fact it's possible that all of 1 player/story mode will have to be worked on separately....idk.
I remember someone (I think Eternal Yoshi) was talking about how he planned to go through all the characters and adjust their SSE stats when the project was finished. SSE attributes are done separately than in the rest of the modes, and in Brawl they're intentionally set to be different, but he was gonna make it so the physics are the same in Vs. mode and SSE.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
To its credit, it makes the really slow, heavy characters like Bowser a lot more usable for the platforming segments. I personally think the buffs should be kept for these slow characters, but remove the limitations on the faster ones.

leelue

Smash Lord
damn man you guys are so f.ucking stupid man.does it matter how I talk? people just need to hop off my nuts foreal and stop worrying about how i talk? does it matter if i dont want to talk proper???there i just did so hop off my nuts and stop worrying how i talk damn

:phone:
Yes it does, because this is difficult for educated people to read.
And it's "properly"
This post is significantly better all things considered.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
SSE basically makes it so every character is the same slow, floaty platformer with different moves :/
The WORST thing that I hated in SSE was the nerfed running speeds. If I want to be able to speed through a level with Captain Falcon or Sonic and run past enemies instead of fighting them, I should be able to. There were changes to the characters' aerial movements and other stuff like that (I think), but this bothered me more.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Gliding is so stupidly bad in SSE. It doesn't help that every level bar The Great Maze (The only really well designed level) has a low physical ceiling constricting your movement.

-

Isn't it Shadic that still can't 1cc, or even clear Boss Battles: M?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The WORST thing that I hated in SSE was the nerfed running speeds. If I want to be able to speed through a level with Captain Falcon or Sonic and run past enemies instead of fighting them, I should be able to. There were changes to the characters' aerial movements and other stuff like that (I think), but this bothered me more.
yeah...jesus christ what was Nintendo thinking...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yo leelue i also live on long island nassau county. if u guys let me know when u r playing i might be down to come... assuming i would be invited

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
So I was able to play some Project:M yesterday with Mewtwo2000. I don't post much but I follow this thread regularly, so I realized his build wasn't the most recent (TLink hadn't anything from 64, for example), but I definitely was able to play some melee tops and others.

Very good feeling, really. It's pretty much melee gameplay, not exactly though, but it's long far away from demo1. Main issue I had was wavedash related. Dunno why, but it felt slower, I mean, as if I had to retain the airdodge input a bit after the jump. Is this something real or it was just me?

Anyway, awesome. Bowser, DK, Ike, Charizard, Link...wow, just wow.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So here are the results of the $5 tourney we had yesterday. Characters are roughly in order of usage.

Singles
1: RyokoYaksa :peach::sheik::zelda::zerosuitsamus:
2: JCaesar :rob::mario2::marth::peach::dk2:
3: cmart :bowser2::gw::luigi2:
4: Thunderhorse :falco:
5: Yeroc :zerosuitsamus::falco:
5: Count Kaiser :ness2:
7: GHNeko :zerosuitsamus::sonic:
7: 9K+1 :dedede::pit::ike:
9: CTL :yoshi2::falcon:
9: Vanguard :lucario:
9: Kirisame :ike:
13: Plank :wolf::sheik:
13: SoJ :ganondorf:

(ignore Umbreon, he didn't actually enter, but by the time I realized that, it was too late to fix the bracket)

Doubles:
1: Umbreon + Ryoko
2: The Legion of Hate (JCaesar + cmart)
3: Tope's Beard (Yeroc + Plank)
4: Black Attack (Neko + 9K)

And yes, I won matches with all 5 of those characters, and Marth and Peach in particular were crucial counterpicks that saved my *** when ROB and Mario couldn't cut it. And this brings my 2nd place streak in Project M tourneys to like 5 haha.

Videos coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom