• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I havn't really seen much about DK other than dash attack changing, so I'm mostly going on hype, but I agree, the heavy characters are looking nicely balanced.

Actually, has there been many changes to DK so far?

Strong Bad?
Donkey Kong now has a long *** horizontal moving up B to make up for his lack of vertical recovery. Other than that, not sure. :embarrass:

crush

Smash Master
Also, ban Falco.

He has no even matchups and has a guaranteed win on a CP (PS1). Clearly we have an overcentralization of Falco in the US. He ruins the metagame.
are u saying falco has a guaranteed win on ps1 vs marth??

Also most people think falco goes even with marth/sheik/peach/puff

and lasers aren't really that hard to deal with at all, there would never need to be a laser limit

:phone:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Buff Yoshi:M

Super buffed Yoshi with **** options OoS and a shine would go 60:40 with Falco, which is wayyyyyy better than 55:45.

On a serious note, let's not talk MUs until P:M develops to the point where all of us non-BR folk can give accurate summaries and opinions. Seriously, you know that the conversation was a bad idea to start if crush looks like the voice of sanity.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't mind presenting myself as what's usually considered awkward because idgaf about anyone else around me, and I'm sure that tons of people are the same way.
^This. I literally flame kids at my school just to see their reactions. I can also count the number of actual friends I have on one hand. These two are somehow correlated, but I can't figure out how...

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Ok, I'm asking this now. Why does ZSS in your avatar look like she's grabbing her left boob?
Actually, I think she's crossing her arms underneath her breasts, which may give off the false assumption that she's grabbing herself.

(Don't mind me, just watching this thread without saying much.) *slinks off again*

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I had a conversation about this with Neko before or well... it was brought up.

What if Powershielding was used in competitive Melee as much as say... parrying in SF3: Third Strike?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I had a conversation about this with Neko before or well... it was brought up.

What if Powershielding was used in competitive Melee as much as say... parrying in SF3: Third Strike?
LET'S GO PP.

*SHFF LASER FEST*

*ARMADA POWERSHIELD FEST*

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OHHHHHHHHHHH

OHHHHHHHHHH

Float Canceled Nair into Nair edgehog

hype

P:M Moment #37

iLink

Smash Champion
I thought the powershield window in vbrawl kind of resembled parrying from 3s. Only retarding thing about it was that you were able to buffer powershields so you didn't always have to time it.

****ing hated that

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Name 1 bad MU for Falco
We really can't do that when it relates to P:M, because there isn't a developed metagame yet—even what's being shown now is subject to change at any time. Yes, four characters are functionally identical to their Melee counterparts (with Sheik only receiving a very slight change), but with so many characters being radically different, you can't really delve into match-ups without playing an arseload of theory fighter.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Currently in P:M, off the top of my head, Mario, and possibly ROB (that one depends a lot on the Falco's style). And that's just in my own experience. There are probably others that do well.
Out of curiosity, why would you say ROB-Falco is in ROB's favor? I haven't really seen the match-up before, but I would've imagined that even with ROB's poke and gimping game, Falco's lasers, shield pressure, and nearly-unparalleled comboability would make it in Falco's favor. Also, wouldn't Falco's lasers stop ROB's recovery since ROB doesn't get his side+B/up+B back if he gets hit?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
People need to stop using the word "swag" to describe every idiotic thing they talk about. It's the most annoying thing.

Also Yoshi should get a stretching kick for Bair and better options for opponents above him that I will only vaguely leave as that for a suggestion.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Also Yoshi should get a stretching kick for Bair
So something similar or identical to his bair from Smash 64?
Although I will admit, I am rather fond of his current bair animation. I can see it being used to tear through shields.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
People need to stop using the word "swag" to describe every idiotic thing they talk about. It's the most annoying thing.

Also Yoshi should get a stretching kick for Bair and better options for opponents above him that I will only vaguely leave as that for a suggestion.
Swaggity Squeeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom