• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
People are probably going to think Pit is gay, because they always do.

MK will be a bit homosexual no matter how he plays. I'm sure a lot of people will complain about Zelda and maybe DK too.

Num notation for life. **** the haters.
Zelda is the bain of my life. I don't know why, but her being good in PM disgusts me. Probably cause i dislike playing against her so much, the thought of countless zelda mains is.. well... terrifying

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Moving on.

What are ya'lls opinion on who the gayest and/or most legit characters are?

:phone:
Gay: Jiggs (Such a low risk character)
Falco (Safest approach in the entire cast; can force a shield on most chars within a Samus WD distance. If I had it my way, Falco could only shoot 3 lasers and he'd have to wait 15 seconds for a passive recharge)
Shiek (SO EASY TO GET GOOD WITH)
MK (Probably will end up like Jiggs)

Legit:
Everyone else, especially every character the P:M team has worked on a lot/restored.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Zelda is the bain of my life. I don't know why, but her being good in PM disgusts me. Probably cause i dislike playing against her so much, the thought of countless zelda mains is.. well... terrifying
no lie, I do double zelda in teams right now just cause many players just simply lose to her for no reason :awesome:

(I'm talking about melee)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
People calling MK gay already? Sad.

Puff nor Sheik are gay, just really feminine and handsy =/. As for the rest of the cast; Wario, Sonic, Ike, Ivysaur and Toon Link have the potential to be really ****ing gay. Lucario, Mario, Link, shank, Randall and Ganondorf all seem to be legit characters.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Callign Falco gay because he has a strong moveset is lame. In PM, Falco is quite easily countered by a decent portion of the modified cast. Admitedly, he was fairly broken in Melee, but in Project M, there ar enow matchups and stages where I think poeple wouldn't want to be Falco.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It is confusing and unneeded.

Its like trying to talk about smash purely in pig latin for absolutely no reason other than a couple people the sound of it when they read it quietly to themselves.
HEY GUYS STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT IS CONFUSING AND UNDEEDED. I'D RATHER NOT SKIP OVER AND IGNORE THE POSTS IN QUESTION AND MOVE ON, I FEEL LIKE I MUST ADDRESS IT.

Like really, dude. Really? lol.

If people start talking about smash in pig latin, and I couldn't understand. I'd IGNORE the post, like a reasonable person.

It's like trying to tell someone to stop speaking in Spanish with a friend at a club because everyone else speaks English.

the start of the number pad notation conversation was only intended for lucario since he is the "traditional" fighter of smash now. If he had differen't ftilts (ftilit up, ftilt down)attacks thats when he would have needed the notation for short hand since some of his moves would be somewhat like street fighter strings. but as long as whatever you trying to say is understood it doesn't matter how you notate it.
<3

People are probably going to think Pit is gay, because they always do.

MK will be a bit homosexual no matter how he plays. I'm sure a lot of people will complain about Zelda and maybe DK too.

Num notation for life. **** the haters.
<33

Callign Falco gay because he has a strong moveset is lame. In PM, Falco is quite easily countered by a decent portion of the modified cast. Admitedly, he was fairly broken in Melee, but in Project M, there ar enow matchups and stages where I think poeple wouldn't want to be Falco.
Falco is gay. **** bloopers.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If someone was speaking Spanish and everyone else spoke English and they were perfectly capable of speaking in English then I would suggest they do it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Guys, the lesson to be learned is: In a public place, never do something that isn't what everyone else is doing.

Privately, it's okay. Save the outside of the box or different thoughts to when you're by yourself, like a normal person.

Kiri's post is godlike.

Stevo

Smash Champion
finally heavy characters seem to be able to hold their own in smash. Bowser, DK, ganon and snake all look legit now :)
I havn't really seen much about DK other than dash attack changing, so I'm mostly going on hype, but I agree, the heavy characters are looking nicely balanced.

Actually, has there been many changes to DK so far?

Strong Bad?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
lol kiri

Also, I'm quiet in a room full of activity, pump metal as loud as possible in crowded (and usually compact) areas, mutter to myself when reading, and practice tech skill whenever I'm bored in public. I don't mind presenting myself as what's usually considered awkward because idgaf about anyone else around me, and I'm sure that tons of people are the same way. Be it smash tongue, or speaking in regular conversation, conformity isn't always the way to go >.>

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I shoryuken into Ray Mysterio Signature, then Punch, Punch, Kick, Use my double tap down +B special and cancel it with my 4 cost spell card aimed backward, then while the opponent is in Ukemi, I use my aerial down C to cross up, and combo it into my standing A, standing A, forward B bullet, standing C bullet, Jump cancel, aerial neutral C bullet, and finish with a hadouken B.

I like 9k's post better.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Name 1 bad MU for Falco

Most top tiers have at least 1 45:55 MU or worse. Fox is on the fence, but I would argue to the hilt that Marth actually has a slight advantage over him. Maybe even as little as a 49:51 in Marth's favor. But what about Falco?

Marth's got Shiek
Jiggs's got Fox
C. Falcon's got both spacies... especially Falco (Poor guy)
Shiek's got Jiggs (I think?? and ICs maybe?)
Peach has got... im not sure, I think Fox and/or Marth and/or C.Falcon. Not positive

So what about Falco? Who beats him? I know he beats everybody else

Seriously, please consider reducing the effectiveness of Falco's lasers in a subtle way. Think Shiek's grab: changing the angle a bit doesn't make it 100% useless, but its not a broken inifinite on half the cast anymore.

FALCO's APPROACH IS TOO SAFE. ESPECIALLY IN CONJUNCTION WITH ALL OF HIS OPTIONS

Yes, Falco's recovery sucks. We know. But his ground options are so overwhelmingly good. He can put his opponent on defense with the touch of a button.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I 623 a 619 to the PPK and 22B into 4Card4, it sets up space for J2C cross up so I can 5AA :: 6B :: 5C Jxx 5C 236B
Could somebody please translate this into English?
"I 623 un 619 de la PPK y 22B en 4Card4, se establece un espacio para J2C cruz para que yo pueda 5AA:: 6B:: 5C Jxx 5C 236B"

there ya go!

I shoryuken into Ray Mysterio Signature, then Punch, Punch, Kick, Use my double tap down +B special and cancel it with my 4 cost spell card aimed backward, then while the opponent is in Ukemi, I use my aerial down C to cross up, and combo it into my standing A, standing A, forward B bullet, standing C bullet, Jump cancel, aerial neutral C bullet, and finish with a hadouken B.

I like 9k's post better.
Wombo combo.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Also, ban Falco.

He has no even matchups and has a guaranteed win on a CP (PS1). Clearly we have an overcentralization of Falco in the US. He ruins the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom