• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, people kept calling him broken after watching that demonstration video where he did combos on a CPU. But I never saw where they got that idea. He doesn't necessarily do stronger combos than most characters, he just does them faster.

iLink

Smash Champion
26% doesn't seem that bad considering it started off with falco being in a shield.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
By side-B I mean the move where Pit goes "Ya-ya-ya-yaaah" and spins his scimitars in ellipse. I've been watching the streams and I haven't seen it once.

Also, what's the focus of Zero Suit Samus? Her bad, extremely gimpable recovery? Her lack of combo options? Her inability to kill? What kind of character is she?

lol.

She has combo options out the ***.

And she doesn't have a super hard time to kill. She's better off than Sonic when it combos to kill potential. Though she's getting an improvement in that area because her kill potential isnt all that great.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
The only thing stupid about Lucario is his Nair. It does 14% iirc and has a nice kill power to boot.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Where ZSS is concerned, I'd say the biggest problem is that her kill moves got converted into combo moves. Uair can't kill anymore, side-b can't kill anymore, and it's pretty hard to set up a bair unless you get a grab (which is easier in Proect M, it seems but not super reliable either). Also, I haven't played so I can't say for sure but it LOOKS like her bair doesn't kill as early as brawl.

You could go like any direction and she'll be fine. You could buff bair a bit and give her easier ways to set it up at kill percents or just increase the amount of damage she does so she approaches kill percents faster.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Where ZSS is concerned, I'd say the biggest problem is that her kill moves got converted into combo moves. Uair can't kill anymore, side-b can't kill anymore, and it's pretty hard to set up a bair unless you get a grab (which is easier in Proect M, it seems but not super reliable either). Also, I haven't played so I can't say for sure but it LOOKS like her bair doesn't kill as early as brawl.

You could go like any direction and she'll be fine. You could buff bair a bit and give her easier ways to set it up at kill percents or just increase the amount of damage she does so she approaches kill percents faster.
you're wrong about everything.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.

As someone who fights a Zamus:M player quite often, I wish everything you said was true.

But it's not. At all.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
She doesn't have great combo options, but she is a work in progress, nowhere close to finished.

ZSS as she stands is very solid. She has good tech chase options, excellent combo options, great edgeguarding, good gimping options, and her fair share of KO moves.

Her weaknesses are a sub-par defensive game. But she more than makes up for it in her offensive strengths.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
ZSS as she stands is very solid. She has good tech chase options, excellent combo options, great edgeguarding, good gimping options, and her fair share of KO moves.

Her weaknesses are a sub-par defensive game. But she more than makes up for it in her offensive strengths.
Great edgeguarding? Really? Offensive strengths? We are comparing characters with Fox and Falco. You are telling me that she has offensive strengths like fox and falco? Great edgeguarding (like Marth)? Gimping options??!?! Have you played this character?

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Sorry about that? I mean I just watched some videos and said kind of what it looks like, lol, I haven't played her in forever. I was just trying to be helpful.
I'm not sure how credible I am to say the specific great things about Zamus:M so in short, this weekend Neko and I are going to stream. He plays Zamus:M well so be sure to look out for that. Just know that even though the Jiang guy probably means no harm, you really are just about wrong about everything. lol

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
fill out an application, hope you have the credentials for it, then just wait to be accepted or rejected

as for the playing the br version right now or something, try going to The Big House. its a midwest melee regional in MI but we wont have a table for non-melee stuff (PM) until 9 pm
We'll see how the setup goes at The Big House. Hopefully we can get a setup going before 9 pm. :)
I would go but my scene had no interest going to there seeing as how brawl is dead in my state being the worst state for brawl and all and our melee players don't play the game much anymore and went on to playing real fighters so yeah. Also I pretty much quit smash in a way expect for Project M so yeah. Where do you have to go to fill out a application for the PMBR?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Why don't we turn down the heat of this discussion a few notches?

There are very panned perceptions of how good ZSS is because she's a rather unique character. Having poor conventional defensive options forces her to rely on baits and punishes. She similarly lacks in pure aggro like the spacies, so she usually applies pressure by zoning with safe pokes and the best jab in the game. Her ranged tools allow her to excel at both of these areas very well, and her combo options give her very damaging punishes across a variety of situations such as tech chases and okizeme. Simply put, people who try to play her like most other characters unsurprisingly find her limited, because her strengths lie elsewhere.

PEEF, Ph00tbag plays with me every couple of weeks or so, and as a ZSS main going all the way back to Brawl's release he knows the gritty details of the character. He's one of my most-consulted smashers on the finer points of her metagame, because he's the person that I know with the deepest understanding of the character.

If anybody wants to talk shop with me, ping me on the chat and I'll be happy to answer questions. But let's keep this civil, ok?

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
So, are you guys still looking for suggestions for flavor and one dimensional play styles amongst certain characters? I know that was a long time ago, but it's still up on your front page so I'm not sure if there are still some works in progress. If so, I would appreciate a list of the characters that still need work so that i can give some suggestions.

I know I'm no project melee whiz, and that I will not fully understand what can and can't be done, but I feel like I'm reasonable enough and have some idea of what things can and can't be done to the point where I might be able to provide a few good ideas.

I just wanted to check first so that I didn't come in here blasting my ideas at you all like a moron. ^^ Thanks

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Gimping with Zamus is like trying to kill a gunshooter with a knife... and you're like 20ft away.

You can kill the shooter, but not only is it hard, you're also risking far more than its worth and far more than the shooter.

Edgeguarding is easier. But even still, super majority of the time, she's better off sticking to the ledge and abusing tether invincibility.

Despite all that, she has amazing and reliable combo options. She excels mid range and her long range options consistantly gives her advantegous situations. While she lacks in kill power atm, she still has amazing mobility and movement, great combo game, and high dmg racking ability.

:phone:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
does she really lack in power? I would expect fsmash, fair and bair to kill decently

Edit: and ofcourse those Dair spikes.....i think she'll do fine cuz of how quickly she can rack up damage

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I would go but my scene had no interest going to there seeing as how brawl is dead in my state being the worst state for brawl and all and our melee players don't play the game much anymore and went on to playing real fighters so yeah. Also I pretty much quit smash in a way expect for Project M so yeah. Where do you have to go to fill out a application for the PMBR?
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/forum-91.html

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
From my prespective, as an opponent to ZSS, I don't feel as though she actually lacks kill power. I play Ike and I feel as though I get killed at pretty decent percents aside you know, silly gimps from being good ol' Ike. All aerials sans Dair and Fsmash kill pretty good from what I experienced and she just seems to have perfect ways to set them up. The only reason she may lack killing options is because her killer aerials are also useful combo moves, meaning they're gonna grow stale after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom