• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
PM n-air's different from Brawl's?
Yeah, it has those rainbow circle things Zelda and Sheik have during Transform. Fits really well imo. Also lol laggy dittos. They should put four Zeldas in Fountain of Dreams and see if that causes lag then lol.

And lolo is right. We want some of that cake dammit. But to be fair, we didn't bake the cake...

Edit: Missing Peef's stream FTL... Happy BD Jay :/

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, we are not as bad as you would think. I just went super saiyan this morning and the matches were very close in general. Heck, I beat everyone wih some legit comboes a few times, except the beast that is Ryoko (not counting when TH and I were in teams). You did happen to see some of my worse matches. At least JCz got a very awesome vid of me doing some epic shield pressure combo. Wait for it, XD. I was worried at first, but I could generally keep up while admtedly still having some to learn. But that weekend was like a powerlevel for me. JCz said I made Lucario look legit, so I am a bit more confident. As for Player 2, he is not a competitive smasher, nor does he intend to be, so please cut him some slack. He still travelled all the way to the US just to attend that fest, that is some dedication.

I am at a hotel right now and just got back from the ubber smash fest. I had the fun of a lifetime here and will definitely try to come back. Thank you, JCz, TH, cmart and everyone else for taking such good care of us. And thank you Ryoko for helping us figure out the metro (I just turned gay for Ryoko <3). And GHneko, I will mail you some poutine mix when I have a minute, :p. If any of you ever comes to Quebec, we will take care of all of your shelter needs and drive you everywhere you need. I consider you all friends and that is the least I could do.

We took a 13 hours train ride from Quebec to get there, but man oh man, was it worth it. Lots of gaming, (though the next day, I had a case of flaming Wario down B and it was painful). We even got soem Guilty Gears going, some Contra, Bomberman, etc...

I definitely want to come back. The laughter alone was worth it.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
And lolo is right. We want some of that cake dammit. But to be fair, we didn't bake the cake...
But he said "pie," not "cake." Although "cake" does have more associated memes…

PMBR, I know you have to keep some stuff secret because it's all subject to change, but I have a question I hope you're willing to answer: What baked good would be best to metaphorically represent Project: M?
If you're open to suggestions, I like the idea of "sliced bread."

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I would have to say a three-milk cake

.....because it takes forever to bake, but delicious once it's done

Ecks

Smash Lord
lol He did say pie. I was about 70% asleep when I typed that.

Doubles on FoD without Zelda's lags. lol.
Yeah, I figured since that's the case, 4 Zeldas would cause tye game major lag.

And yeah, I agree with Kaizo.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Long post with old quotes because I haven't gotten a chance to check smashboards since before the weekend, but I wanna respond to some stuff.

Get roflstomped Canada. Also, nerf Ryoko, OP status for sure. He managed to beat Lucas, the Metaknight of P:M.

Actually I took Guru's Lucas out of winner's and loser's :p. Ryoko likewise wrecked my **** in winner's and grand finals though, so I guess by Inui logic Ryoko beats Lucas.

Zamus looks way more fun than Lucaryu Monk :(
Just wait till you see a certain video of Vigilante's Lucario. Remember that video of Silent Wolf's Lucario doing some sick combo? Well in this one Vig does about twice the moves in the space of a second. It's like some Guilty Gear ****, soooo crazy.

Falco400: wallcling -> up-b might have applications for edgeguarding.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I realized ledgehop bair and dash attack off the edge -> up-B both outshine anything he could do with wallcling and they both already exist.

Lol, we are not as bad as you would think. I just went super saiyan this morning and the matches were very close in general. Heck, I beat everyone wih some legit comboes a few times, except the beast that is Ryoko (not counting when TH and I were in teams). You did happen to see some of my worse matches. At least JCz got a very awesome vid of me doing some epic shield pressure combo. Wait for it, XD. I was worried at first, but I could generally keep up while admtedly still having some to learn. But that weekend was like a powerlevel for me. JCz said I made Lucario look legit, so I am a bit more confident. As for Player 2, he is not a competitive smasher, nor does he intend to be, so please cut him some slack. He still travelled all the way to the US just to attend that fest, that is some dedication.

I am at a hotel right now and just got back from the ubber smash fest. I had the fun of a lifetime here and will definitely try to come back. Thank you, JCz, TH, cmart and everyone else for taking such good care of us. And thank you Ryoko for helping us figure out the metro (I just turned gay for Ryoko <3). And GHneko, I will mail you some poutine mix when I have a minute, :p. If any of you ever comes to Quebec, we will take care of all of your shelter needs and drive you everywhere you need. I consider you all friends and that is the least I could do.

We took a 13 hours train ride from Quebec to get there, but man oh man, was it worth it. Lots of gaming, (though the next day, I had a case of flaming Wario down B and it was painful). We even got soem Guilty Gears going, some Contra, Bomberman, etc...

I definitely want to come back. The laughter alone was worth it.
Come to our crew thread. It's a lot easier for us to check and have a conversation than in this thread.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to give special commands to final smashes.

Ex: Two semicircles + pressing A, B, X, and R will make fox enter his Final Smash state

Does this require too much work?

ds22

Smash Lord
Is it possible to give special commands to final smashes.

Ex: Two semicircles + pressing A, B, X, and R will make fox enter his Final Smash state

Does this require too much work?
We are not planning to include Final Smashes in P:M gameplay.
They are (almost) impossible to balance and there are more important stuff we need to work then Final Smashes.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The only Final smash addition I would accept in PM is giving Dio Brando's Road Roller Da to Wolf, but with a Land Master instead of a steam roller.

yup.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
did anyone play darkfall online? haha project m reminds me of darkfall. if you played the game you would know what i mean by the comparison :)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I want to play the recent developers version again soo bad. What I have to do to become a tester or whatever?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
fill out an application, hope you have the credentials for it, then just wait to be accepted or rejected

as for the playing the br version right now or something, try going to The Big House. its a midwest melee regional in MI but we wont have a table for non-melee stuff (PM) until 9 pm

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me which characters got overhauls from the demo? I know Lucas has been changed quite a bit and I think I remember someone saying Snake and G&W were as well? Is this true?

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, new here. Any Project: M action happening in Philly? It's great to know that backroom members are reaching out to the community.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Nothing really new about GaW except he can actually lcancel all his aerials now. He can also short hop double bacon with no landing lag. Really good as an approach.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Ike generally feels the same as far as killing goes when I played him over the weekend. Perhaps even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom