• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

42_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5366-1431
Is liveryspecks still a play tester? I havent seen anything on his youtube in a long time...
Wait, he is/was a play tester? I've been waiting for P:M for this long to find out that a player in my city has/had an up-to-date version of P:M that I might (have) be(en) able to try?

I see.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Wait, he is/was a play tester? I've been waiting for P:M for this long to find out that a player in my city has/had an up-to-date version of P:M that I might (have) be(en) able to try?

I see.
Your in victoria too? Do you go to the uvic smash club? If so I probably know you haha... But yes specks was a playtester at one point atleast...

42_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5366-1431
Your in victoria too? Do you go to the uvic smash club? If so I probably know you haha... But yes specks was a playtester at one point atleast...
I don't go to the smash club that often, but if I do, I'm that guy who uses Game & Watch in Melee, ROB/Wolf in Brawl and usually bugs people to play Blazblue with me. I'm usually talking with Max, Fitz or Rob when I'm not playing, so I probably don't know who you are.

Anyways, have does Wolf still have the 6 frames of invincibility on his shine?

Revven

FrankerZ
We're not very open to giving specifics on characters we are not sharing any information on (in this case, Wolf).

Please be patient until we are.

42_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5366-1431
Either you're wrong, or we're talking about a different Specks.
Hmm....I'm confused now. I remember playing this guy by the name "Liverymen" months ago in P:M. He used Lucas and plays very similarly to "Liveryspecks," as if it were the same person playing, making me think "Liverymen" simply changed his name or something. Another thing is that, from what I know, there aren't any female Melee players here and this "Liveryspecks" is most likely from Victoria because his matches on Youtube are all against Kuriko, who is also from Victoria.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's a terrible feeling when you fix something, only to have something else break it again later.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god. Fly's Lucario is disgustingly lethal!! I had thought Lucario was kinda underpowered until this point... Now I'm scared..

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I noticed that Fly doesn't really use Lucario's Forward-B. In other vids people try to abuse it (to varying degrees of success), but I think I like Fly's style better.

shanus

Smash Hero
Its actually something he should use more. You can often use it on anticipated sidesteps bc at least if you whiff the grab the blue flame will give you some coverage (and if you land it at kill %, use super version to wreck face). You see him get punished on grab whiffs a fair amount.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The fox looked a bit confused, but Fly did show some cool stuff. Looks like nobody has really got a good handle of his mechanics yet.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I could use side-B a little more, but it's probably not something I'm going to be using much against Fox because the risk of doing so generally outweighs the potential reward. Unless I think the side-B will straight-up KO (which requires getting Fox to pretty high percentages, even with the super version), I'd rather go for something else most of the time. The range on side-B is nice, though, so I could hypothetically do something like dash back -> pivot side-B to intercept some approaches that I wouldn't be able to beat with a normal grab, but the payoff for landing a regular grab is generally much bigger since you have way more options off of that. I'll dabble with side-B more anyways and see if I can find for places for it.

D

Deleted member

Innovative.

What is that zip or teleport that Lucario has?

It makes a weird sound and Fly used it often.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Elaborate

What does it do and what is it?
It's some sort of quick dash thing that's supposed to be able to be used to follow up combos. I think they said that when used in the air, it always goes diagonally down to prevent abuse for recovery.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Fly, when you play Lucaryu, what do you find yourself linking?

:phone:
It varies by match-up, although I mostly do short and simple strings. Dash attack -> usmash/dtilt, dtilt -> fsmash/dsmash, jabs (either the first two or all three depending on the circumstances) -> dtilt, and usmash -> jump -> aerial (which aerial depends on where the opponent is, but usually dair or uair. Nair/bair are also okay sometimes) are a few basic ones. There's a bunch of other stuff of varying degrees of practicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom