• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this does not go in here:

I've found some stuff with Mario I don't know If you guys noticed and fixed already. In melee, you can jab and quickly downsmash with c-stick but in Project M when you try to jab and quickly downsmash it just jabs 2 times as if you were pressing the A button twice. You can actually do the jab combo in Normal Brawl by pressing the A button followed by the c-stick but this don't happen in melee cause u cant jab combo with c-stick in melee. What im trying to say is that i wish you guys could fix this and put it like in melee where you can jab+Downsmash with c-stick easily instead of jab combo like brawl. Please fix this and Ill forever love you all

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Throwback to the shoulder slam into crouch maneuver in Wario Land 2 and 3 (and also 4?), I love you guys so much.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
I'm going to be out of town while Genesis is going on. Should I expect any P:M videos when I return? I noticed there's none for brainshock :urg:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's crouch.

And yes there will definitely be videos of Genesis. I for one am going to do as many money matches as I can and they will all be recorded. And I don't intend to hold back this time so expect lots of ROB :beep:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
goddamn i fail at brawl -__-

Edit:
oh i see, he crouches then quickly dash attacks. my mistake (so fast o_O)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Wario's shoulder charge is modeled after his earlier Wario Land games.

This means he can charge off a ledge and jump, or cancel it into a custom squat action (looks like crouch and transitions into crouch but is non-interruptible) as mixups.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Will Sonic be getting a new ->B?

Is there a way to get Wario to have his Wario Land costume show up as default? Like tricking the game into thinking it's Wario Land then WarioWare?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
...smashbro29......how does any of that, contribute to the main goal of Project M?

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
smashbro29...while I understand that sakurai was quite lazy when it came to sonic, sonic not only turned out for the most part fine, but side b and down b both serve completely different purposes.

Side b:
*Shield cancel while charging not only is great defensively, but can also catch missed techs for re-grabs and even can create chain grabs on some of the faster falling characters.
*Has invincibility within the first 4 or so frames from the hop, so this can be treated as a very horrible DP of sorts.

Down B:
*Can be charged at a much faster rate.
*Much easier to time spinshot in the air compared to side b.
*Has the ASC which allows for great shield pressure from higher angles.

True, Sonic lacks flash when it comes to his moveset animation, but the amount of options you get from it is enough to where it's truly up to the skill of the player on how fancy he becomes.

Speaking of sonic, I like that the first hit of uair can combo into his fsmash, but what are the conditions for making that work? It seems like the opponent would have to be DI'ing insanely high up to get that to work and even then I don't think it would work on fast fallers.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
I will also be attending genesis, but only going just for project m. So whatever days its there, I will be there. Also to, does anyone know if PM is having a tourney or not?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yes, there will be a tourney. Saturday afternoon, $5 entry, no pre-reg. And I'm sure we'll have a few setups for friendlies/MMs for the entire weekend.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Wario's shoulder charge is modeled after his earlier Wario Land games.

This means he can charge off a ledge and jump, or cancel it into a custom squat action (looks like crouch and transitions into crouch but is non-interruptible) as mixups.
This is amazing.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea i've been to rom and no johns and even when baily used to run tourneys there so your not too far from everyone, i'm sure you can probably go to bums house to play, you just gotta do a little travelling

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
...smashbro29......how does any of that, contribute to the main goal of Project M?
Ok, well the Sonic bit is just me wondering, if you can redo moves so well and change characters so drastically I thought that the character with 2 of the same moves would get something new. EDIT: I understand the technical bits but I was (I guess wrongly) banking on some ingenious move that would allow Sonic to get a new move.

As for the Wario's costume bit I have 2 answers

1. Since the time Melee came out WarioWare didn't even exist and a lot of small asthetic changes were made to keep that Melee feel this one could be like a retroactive change

2. I was just asking, jeez...

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
So the stream's chat won't let me view the captcha picture -___- How do you do glide attacks now that any attack can be done out of them?

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I was just wondering lol I think its kind of unnecessary though. Then again, it's experimetal so why should I care? :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom