• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
The fact that they look the same is a bit of a mix up by itself because if you think you're getting the same thing, youre kinda mistaken.

:phone:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
The fact that they look the same is a bit of a mix up by itself because if you think you're getting the same thing, youre kinda mistaken.

Sigh, I know the difference between the two attacks, but most of the properties of the side-b can be moved over to the down-b with little problem, and Sonic would be better for it.

I know the attacks looked the same, i used that to my advantage many times, but after playing with him for so long it think it would work better if Sonic was given a new Side-B.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
That's just very disappointing... Well hopefully the PM team will be able to make the move a stronger addition to zelda without making it OP. They not doubt will.
Don't get me wrong they are nice for edgeguarding and stage control, but think of them like samus missiles, any good player is going to get around/through them. You're supposed to use them to make your opponent go where you want them to be.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
Don't get me wrong they are nice for edgeguarding and stage control, but think of them like samus missiles, any good player is going to get around/through them. You're supposed to use them to make your opponent go where you want them to be.
Ah, I miss understood you then, I was under the impression that they were failing at the intended purpose of being a zoning tool. Thank you for clearing that up.

MaxThunder

PM Support
The Down-b is more natural to any Sonic player who has played a classic Sonic game, i don't even know where Nintendo got the idea for it to done on the Side-B, other then maybe Sonic Rush but thats a totally different move.
I really don't think sonic needs a new attack... really... he's doing fine atm so...

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Crimson is literally having a 4 day smashfest, so I think tomorrow I'll take P:M and the livestream and just run it for a few days haha.

iLink

Smash Champion
I know that, but the differences are much smaller then the similarities.

The only real Side-B differences are

The Invincibility frames.
The small hop.
The Hold charge for damage, and speed.
Some momentum stuff.
Turning around in the air.

The could move some of this stuff over to the Down-B, and just make a totally new Side-B.

Edit:

Forgot about the shielding part. but that can be moved to.
Just by reading that, I can tell you know very little about his sideb and downb mechanics.

A simple difference between them is downb can be canceled on the ground with a shield if it started airborn.

The charge hold also applies to downb. Downb is also better momentum wise for spin shots and such.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
About sonic: M currently in the demo I think he's personally fine. His Down B is natural it feels like how it was from past sonic games. also it allows for a pretty good damage lock especially if people don't DI out of it properly. The side B he has is fine also since what Kaizo said is true it does allow for recovery mix ups.

If anything was to be changed to his side B maybe a firefox type move but sideways sort like the flame shield from sonic 3 was. Actually a better representation for that move would be Kirby's Melee Dash attack but I don't think its possible to add that to this game. idk its just an idea if it were to be changed.

Again though I personally think sonic M is currently fine the way he is.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We're doing some minor buffs to Sonic's gameplay and edited his downsmash animation so he isn't ***** if it's shielded. He was very solid in the demo so we aren't going to be making huge changes, but there will be some.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It would be included in any patch. Our goal isn't to make the patch severely outdated upon release, it just happened last time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Y'know, it's not really all that much of a patch anymore in anything but name.

I think at this point it's safe to call it Demo 2.

Cero

Smash Lord
A simple difference between them is downb can be canceled on the ground with a shield if it started airborn.
Are you talking about the demo or the current build?

I'm using the demo and I'm starting the down b in midair and trying to cancel the roll on the ground with a shield but no dice.

iLink

Smash Champion
Are you talking about the demo or the current build?

I'm using the demo and I'm starting the down b in midair and trying to cancel the roll on the ground with a shield but no dice.
You have to release the charge in the air to actually start the attack, which then you can cancel on the ground by holding shield.

Cero

Smash Lord
You have to release the charge in the air to actually start the attack, which then you can cancel on the ground by holding shield.
By attack, you mean the rolling part right? I do that, roll on the ground, and the only thing I can do is jump cancel out of the spin.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Actually, they did say recently they were open minded about it. Consiidering it's been half a year since the demo was released.

But nothing is for suree of course.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Do you actually use Sonic?
I use him, I hvent seen much of him compared to other characters. That's why I been asking about his changes.

U said he was solid in the demo but he really isn't. Everyone said he was suppose to be a gimper, tho maybe it's the other characters I play to, no one should have to rely on it. Which is the way it seems when I play friends around here. He just doesn't feel as solid as everyone makes him seem.

What changes have been made? I thought his bait should have more k.o. Potential than it has because of the lag on it.

iLink

Smash Champion
By attack, you mean the rolling part right? I do that, roll on the ground, and the only thing I can do is jump cancel out of the spin.
You sure you are doing downb and not sideb? Just jump in the air and start the spin charge and release it before reaching the ground and just hold the shield button and it should cancel the attack when he lands.

Cero

Smash Lord
OH ****, lol.

I didn't know you had to release the down b before hitting the ground. I thought you meant canceling the roll on the ground with shield.

Thanks, broski. :bee:

iLink

Smash Champion
OH ****, lol.

I didn't know you had to release the down b before hitting the ground. I thought you meant canceling the roll on the ground with shield.

Thanks, broski. :bee:
Ya sorry if I wasn't being clear lol. A practical application to that is forcing your opponent to put their shield up but then just canceling it and grabbing them.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I use him, I hvent seen much of him compared to other characters. That's why I been asking about his changes.

U said he was solid in the demo but he really isn't. Everyone said he was suppose to be a gimper, tho maybe it's the other characters I play to, no one should have to rely on it. Which is the way it seems when I play friends around here. He just doesn't feel as solid as everyone makes him seem.

What changes have been made? I thought his bait should have more k.o. Potential than it has because of the lag on it.

sonic IS a solid character, most just don't play him well. Watch FireballStars (correct the name if im wrong) sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom