• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Strongbad and Standardtoaster this is how I feel bout those matches on Saturday.

that is all fellas. I'm getting you guys back in Project M next time we meet.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
sonic IS a solid character, most just don't play him well. Watch FireballStars (correct the name if im wrong) sonic
I'll have to check him out. I'm hoping I see some good stuff, I missed redds stream.

Also wish I could falco ditto him for some blue bawls.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you don't think he's solid in the demo then you need to get better. He isn't like, Falco or Fox status, but he isn't ****.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I didn't think much of PM Sonic until I saw Fireballstars's Sonic either. For me he's jiggs status. And by that I mean he's terrible, I suck with jiggs.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
If you don't think he's solid in the demo then you need to get better. He isn't like, Falco or Fox status, but he isn't ****.
I didn't call him ****, just said he was lacking compared to other characters I played as. I play as sonic a lot, and am confident I can hold my own against players I've seen in the streams using sonic. Maybe my definition of solid and your definition of solid differ.

I need a link to his sonic too byw

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I didn't call him ****, just said he was lacking compared to other characters I played as. I play as sonic a lot, and am confident I can hold my own against players I've seen in the streams using sonic. Maybe my definition of solid and your definition of solid differ.

I need a link to his sonic too byw

http://www.youtube.com/user/StarlingFireBall

Youtube search is a wonderful tool.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I tried, it wouldn't come up on my phone and I just moved out of my apartment to leave for Afghanistan. No Internet access at the moment.

So thanks for the link, but the added blow at then end want really necessary.

Wasn't a blow, was simply stating its a wonderful tool. And you're welcome.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
sonic has quite a learning curve (just so u guys know)
i feel like people expect to just pick him up and **** just like spacies do, and since they can't, they feel he is not "solid" enough
well guess what?.....fox wasn't "Fox" in a week..... or even a year

practice, get good, build P:M metagame

start treating this game like its a new smash brothers (cuz it pretty much is)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Sneak, so any chance of you stopping by Crimson's this week? If you let me know I'll adjust it so I can be there to play you in P:M. =D

Hypn0tic_Specter

Smash Rookie
Kinda random question: Where are the blogposts mentioned in the title? I've tried browsing the thread but after so many pages I figure it would be easier to just ask. :v

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The thing most Sonic players don't know is that if you want to jump our of spindash, you got to let go of the-stick.

Zelow

Smash Apprentice
And Gannon wins a match with only 1 SD by Falco (2 in my book lol). This is why I don't really care for Gannon just way to slow captain is the way to go. :) Over all tho was a nice match up and great job to the both of ya's.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link is no slower now than he was in the demo. He's had very very few changes, besides landing detection, obviously.

Revven

FrankerZ
Really liked those link falcon matches. Link looks so melee and solid now. He also looked much slower than the demo version, or do you just play him slowly with a more grounded steady style.
*Shrugs* I just play him how I think I should, I used to use him in Melee and back then I was pretty aggressive with him. But, I think what I have right now is fine, I don't really main him or anything. It's just that he has a little bit of every Link from the past two games that finally allows me to play him again (plus landing detection, which was a huge barrier for me as far as playing him goes because it didn't feel right to me).

Renji64

Smash Lord
Well I had a great weekend I still have been playing the demo before I went on break at school on the last day i got to bring in my wii and my school had 32 smash bros players there but most of them were brawl heads. I loaded Project M let people get a few friendlys then had a big tourney some were crying cause of it was a demo and they wanted their favs. But everyone agreed that they loved Project M so they all asked my where to get it. I just wanted to say Thanks to the team for their hardwork. I came in 3rd with Marth. God Speed with the patch i got torneys set up for next week and the week after.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Does Dk's new dash attack have special properties? I noticed that he flashes yellow at the beginning of it, and I can't help but wonder what it means.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I hope we can get some awesome footage from Genesis

get some Melee pros on this shiii (ofcourse that includes you Kage <3)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
If you're interested Kage, I also got the full build since I'm a playtester/PSA person, so you can come practice anytime. That would really help the project too if you gave us feedback. I'm having a smashfest about every week.

Did you receive my PM?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
why are percentages for possible marth chaingrabbing against spacies different in pm demo than in melee?
Several different reasons. One of the largest may be the fact that you can't grab if they're "behind" you in the demo.

This has been fixed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Heh. It's funny when people say that playing Melee and Brawl is the same thing. I remembered once telling a friend that I didn't want to play Brawl as I didn't like it at all compared to Melee, and I wasn't gonna have fun. He just replied "Dude, it's the same thing."

Well today, after a few days of playing Brawl+ with me, he called me and told me how much Brawl sucked. And this was just Brawl+! I just said "wait till you play project m."

It's absurd how different Brawl is to Melee; To the point that Brawl might as well be Melee's cheap chinese knock-off.

And to make this a bit on topic, will there be any streams in the following days?

1000midgets

Smash Rookie
Hey PM team! Glad to see some light at the end of the tunnel here, looks like things are coming together based on the handful of youtube videos I watched. My friends and I who play smash religiously are dying to play the finished version, since we have logged 2k games in the demo.

I just wanted to ask, is it possible you guys could include some custom costumes in the final version(or next release version, whatever), that would be badass.

Keep motivated guys, casual and hardcore fans alike are loving your game. I got some chicks off the University of Western cheer leading team playing it, no lie.

Probably my last post guys, Thank you for your hardwork so far and the hardwork im sure your putting in now. Given me and and my friends many hundreds, litterally, of hours of great fun and competition.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom