• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
it's because you're smelly and the forum got tired of it
I blame winning money in smash 4 locals brah.

I've been missing my weekly dose of poverty fighter footage
Internet still isn't on at home homie sadly I've been missing out on so many tournament vids. I'll try to make it up to ya'll soon :(

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Smash Facebook groups are usually pretty toxic and elitist.

And for the love of god please don't read YouTube comments on PM videos. I made that mistake yesterday and I got so irrationally angry.

Bleck

Smash Master
Smash Facebook groups are usually pretty toxic and elitist.
literally every smash group is toxic and elitist, because latent elitism is the driving force behind every competitive gaming scene on the continent

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
idk the minnesota facebook smash group is pretty cool, its just them discussing all of the smash games or talking about upcoming tournaments, I havent seen anything too bad there

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
literally every smash group is toxic and elitist, because latent elitism is the driving force behind every competitive gaming scene on the continent
That's unacceptably cynical.
...I agree completely and unconditionally, but it's still unacceptably cynical.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Does the M in Project m stand for mojo?
It depends. I've always thought it stood for Maylay? or Malpractice.

Edit: So I came down with a mad case of the flu and woke up after 20-something hours to see that my 3DS disappeared from my room. I live with my family and none of them seem to know where it is, and I turned my room upside-down looking for it (figuratively). I'm sad now.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
*3DS story snip* I live with my family and none of them seem to know where it is, and I turned my room upside-down looking for it (figuratively). I'm sad now.
Red flag went up in my mind at the bolded.
How much do you trust them, lol

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Oh my god I did not expect expert 100-life mode in mario maker to be so difficult. I was only able to get past 3 levels using a handful of skips and losing all my lives.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Hey thanks to anyone who stopped by and watched, ultimately comcast gave me some of their stellar internet service and crashed my internet, but all things considering I think it went pretty good.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Anyone thinking of going to Rewired? I'm on the fence between that or Dropzone.

Also, I got asked for my name by high school girls yesterday. I am now one step closing to completing my "Be like Roman Reigns" list.

Ace55

Smash Lord
So I could've sworn I read that Lylat Cruise's background is less 'busy' than it used to be. But I can't find it anywhere in the changelogs (3.6/3.5/3.0). Did I just make it up?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Calzones have a disgusting amount of heavy bread, and the distribution of toppings and cheese inside is a crapshoot. You can always fold a pizza slice down the middle and get a similar but better experience.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Some of us LIKE having things be just about bursting at the seams with savory stuff.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Everyone is so bad at Rivals.

Community is whining about how Zetterburn is OP, which I can feel for because the flaming smashes are pretty powerful.

But everyone is also whining about how Kragg is too good.

Like, really, everyone is complaining that a fat heavy that is the slowest character in the game is too strong. Everyone is sleeping on Maypul and **** and complaining about how pretty much the worst character in the game is OP.

It's like how Sm4sh people thought Bowser was good for a little while, or how at a low level Ganon seems good. They're not good, they just hit hard and at a low level that matters more, since nobody is actually playing the neutral well. When neutral is a toss-up, the guy who hits harder is gonna seem like he's good just 'cause he punishes you being dumb harder than you punish him for being dumb. But once you understand that he's slow and he's combo food, the punish bit also falls to pieces and everyone realizes that they're just bad.

Bleh.

At least he doesn't feel like a really bad fatty. He still has reasonable wavedash movement and a good projectile, the latter of which is a big part of why everyone thinks he's OP right now.

Top Bottom