• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Being alone isn't so bad when you don't want sex or relationships.
Everyone wants sex or relationships. if you don't you're either lying, to yourself or those around you, or in a bad spot mentally. (Idk, maybe there are others, but I'm p sure these two are the reason like 99% of the time.)

Tho what do I know.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Never watch GT if you want to retain a fond perception of Pan.
Just don't watch TV, also if you're gonna watch the movies there's really no point in watching DB Super since it's basically been a retelling of BoG and afterwards they'll focus on RoF.

Though I'll admit that some episodes are worth the watch

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
i'll watch super after i watch battle of gods and resurrection f
I would recommend ignoring their terrible advice and just watch Super first. Not knowing what is going to happen next makes the episodes more tense and enjoyable from week to week than seeing the long game from the start and still having to go through the many episodes. Because no matter what people say, they will still watch the episodes from the start. Plus, the show canon and the universe it is setting up is more important and better told than the truncated movies.

If you think of the movies as OVAs released after the show, you will get much more out of it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Turns out we basically have a hidden melee scene here. All the melee players are at the dorms and none of them went to my smash club stuff, lol. They're all super legit and I feel like we definitely have a chance of doing quite well in our portion of The Melee Games. :D
They don't know your part of the P:M dev team..

Right?

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
I'm teaching one of my friends tech and I try to tell him about L canceling
He then says "try to hit me"
I hit him with an aerial and he shields
He asks "did I just l cancel"
I'm super confused, then I realize he thought l canceling was pressing shield right after an OPPONENT does an aerial
Bless his soul

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
I honestly find them really helpful since I can remember what the attack is and what it looks like and stuff.
Oh definitely. It helps a ton but I could imagine the workload to find out all that stuff is quite a lot.

Bleck

Smash Master
Everyone wants and (or is) a different thing and labels are essentially dehumanizing.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I would recommend ignoring their terrible advice and just watch Super first. Not knowing what is going to happen next makes the episodes more tense and enjoyable from week to week than seeing the long game from the start and still having to go through the many episodes. Because no matter what people say, they will still watch the episodes from the start. Plus, the show canon and the universe it is setting up is more important and better told than the truncated movies.

If you think of the movies as OVAs released after the show, you will get much more out of it in my opinion.
I can agree with you about not watching things in bulk to make you more excited per episode, I merely suggested movie/waiting for BDs purely from an animation standpoint. Literally garbage for something that was supposed to warrant more excitement from people across the globe.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Played doubles melee for the first time in my life, was clearly the weaker partner. Got wrecked first match did better second one pretty even. Singles I did fine but I guess thats what happens when you sell your soul to the U.S Navy for 4 years where nobody plays melee and you're left to practice against computers. I can only imagine how wrecked I would have gotten if I didn't have Project M for the past two years though so thank you guys.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Bleh, had my first calcIII exam today, not really feeling it went well.

Here's a drawing I did Friday night when I got home from work.

#fishingforlikes
Now that I've gotten to eat, context:

It's just a redesign of the sword my heavy bruiser archetype used, then size comparison between him, the sword, and the aggro rushdown character

SunJester

Smash Ace
Everyone wants sex or relationships.
I don't. I wouldn't mind being in a relationship but I don't actively seek one or need one. The thought of having sex with another person is kinda gross to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone wants and (or is) a different thing and labels are essentially dehumanizing.
100% this. I've always thought labels exist for other people so they can categorize you.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Professor keeps making it a point that we should use an array of characters for this programming project(reading in words from a file and storing it in a linked list) because it "makes the problem much easier, using strings makes you write unnecessarily complex code for this thing"

But I honestly don't know what hes getting at, Ive listed the pros and cons of using both for the project and it quite literally boils down to "using strings makes you do one extra task in a for loop but is infinitely more flexible and makes it easier to actually read the file since you can just dump the entire word in a string and not have to worry about array bounds"

I wrote the program using strings and I'm too lazy to get it to work with character arrays(even though that would be simple as well because the only thing that changes is the reading in the file part...) so I think I'll just write up my findings in my report and call him dum or something

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
if I read one more goddamn post about l-cancelling being a good mechanic I'm going to kill myself

D

Deleted member

so i asked my manager if I could go home early from work because i felt sick

super cool right

i still had to ride my little brother's bike home

fml

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yayy Steven Universe is running again after the mini break (been for a while).

Also this didn't post earlier so I'm posting now.

That or it did post earlier and I'm re-iterating the same thing.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I won't let this document defeat me.
History is a fun class.
I only need to outline 6 essays and practice 30 identifications to finish studying.
History is a fun class. It is my favorite class. I can focus all my effort on it there are no other tests, labs, essays, or homework to worry about.
If I keep saying it it is true.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The more I play rivals, the more ******** it gets

Why even bother with tech in this game when 5/6 characters dash attacks auto combo into ****

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Rivals makes me feel like a scrub, I ended up switching to Skullgirls after playing Rivals for like 10 minutes because I'm slightly less awful there.

Top Bottom