• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

also, holy **** I made so many bad decisions in the past hour that I literally ****ed my tuesday up

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There's none in Brawl or Sm4sh either. :drflip:
Yea, but there is virtually no landing lag on every aerial in RoA.

You also have Dash Dancing and Wave Dashing and stuff still. And it is so very very fast. And ridiculous.

It's basically Smash 64 (small cast, each member capable of zero to deaths) with Melee/Project M speed, Brawl Minus opness, and some normal traditional fighting game mechanics sprinkled in there.

It's ****ing awesome.

And oh how I wish I could get it ;-;.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
The more I play rivals, the more ******** it gets

Why even bother with tech in this game when 5/6 characters dash attacks auto combo into ****
With DI a lot fewer of them actually do. Zetterburn's doesn't, I don't think Wrastor's does, Kragg's doesn't really except really early if you DI away. Maypul's totally does, though. I think people are sleeping on her. She's super fast, gets good stage control, seed basically means she double-smashes people, and her dash attack is super good and autocombos into her absurd juggles. She's just really easy for some to edgeguard, especially when she has no seed.

But yeah, Rivals is a lot less tech-heavy, mostly in good ways, so far for me.

Yea, but there is virtually no landing lag on every aerial in RoA.

You also have Dash Dancing and Wave Dashing and stuff still. And it is so very very fast. And ridiculous.

It's basically Smash 64 (small cast, each member capable of zero to deaths) with Melee/Project M speed, Brawl Minus opness, and some normal traditional fighting game mechanics sprinkled in there.

It's ****ing awesome.

And oh how I wish I could get it ;-;.
It's pretty ****in' great so far. Why can't you get it?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Because not my computer because I don't have steam because I doubt this computer is powerful enough for anything like that because I have no moneyz

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
That's where PM shines though, there are a lot of people just in So cal who wifi/play P:M. Almost get just as many people willing to play PM as I can for Melee.
Yes, there's plenty PM in SoCal, but I'm at UCSD (just a bit too far from the action) and I don't drive. Maybe I'll just walk around in my PM shirt so the Smash brethren and cute female units with fashion sense may notice.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The system requirements for it are super low I'd be surprised if you couldn't run it.
I sometimes get frame rate drops (offline) when Forsburn and the tree stage are involved, but I'm not sure if it's because less-than-perfect optimization at the moment or my ThinkPad is too weak (even though I'm pretty sure the specs meet the recommended specs) . It seemed to run smoother on my gaming PC, but that system has no Bluetooth so no classic controller pro for me.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
The more I play rivals, the more ******** it gets

Why even bother with tech in this game when 5/6 characters dash attacks auto combo into ****
Binary already mentioned DI/SDI making this not the case, but it's also important to note you can break out of jab strings (which we initially though were broken as hell), and that recovery mixups and parrying aren't exactly perfected yet with characters by any means of imagination.

The people bothering with tech are the people who are enjoying the simplicity and are now finding the complexity within it. Myself included, tbh.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Yes, there's plenty PM in SoCal, but I'm at UCSD (just a bit too far from the action) and I don't drive. Maybe I'll just walk around in my PM shirt so the Smash brethren and cute female units with fashion sense may notice.
Was stationed in SD and know a lot of ******* who go there, I can hit them up for you to get in on that. It's mostly a Dorm thing.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Binary already mentioned DI/SDI making this not the case, but it's also important to note you can break out of jab strings (which we initially though were broken as hell), and that recovery mixups and parrying aren't exactly perfected yet with characters by any means of imagination.

The people bothering with tech are the people who are enjoying the simplicity and are now finding the complexity within it. Myself included, tbh.
Di maybe, but sdi is awful in this game, you cant even get out of multihit moves

But I realized my actual issue with the game outside of small detail stuff and forsburn in general is that outside of parrying there's hardly any punish game because of how little endlag everything has (unless you're playing against forsburn in which case you can punish him for hitting you lmao) basically meaning you get awaywith a ton of stuff you really shouldnt imo

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Being alone isn't so bad when you don't want sex or relationships.
It certainly isn't the end of the world, but "not so bad" isn't what I'd call a state anyone really wants for themselves.

No matter how much you may have going for you - how amazing your job is, how many friends you have, what fun hobbies you do - life just isn't complete without intimate relationships. Practically everyone comes to this realization at one point or another. Regardless of whether it's just a one-night stand, a friend with benefits, or a serious relationship, the world becomes a much more colder and lonelier place without them.

Sure, you technically don't need relationships to be happy and learning how to enjoy life by yourself is important, but to me they're still one of, if not the most enriching (and depressing - sorry, can't have pleasure without pain) experiences you'll ever have in your short time here, and wouldn't trade a good one for anything.

People who don't care AT ALL for relationships or sex are just weird to me. We're all still animals after all.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
This whole "now to unlock story missions you have to beat harder versions of the missions you already did" in MGSV is ****ing stupid and I might just straight up stop playing as a result.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I don't remember wanting a relationship until I thought it was expected of me. I realized I was just trying to please societal expectations and not myself. I remember the moment where I realized that I didn't have to try to be in a relationship or have sex as something akin to a great weight coming off my chest. It kind of fell into place. Excluding a few celebrity crushes (three) I've only ever felt attraction to 2 people in my life.

Frequently coworkers would come up to me and talk about how good looking someone was. It didn't matter what gender they'd tell me regardless. I never noticed. I don't recall the last time I remember looking at someone and felt attracted to them.

I'm not ruling anything off the table, things may happen, things may change. Right now I feel like relationships are too much work, I'd rather we be friends. Sex isn't that interesting, how about we play some video games or music instead?

I could go more into depth, but lets just say I've thought about this a lot. I personally don't feel weird, but I can understand its abnormal for other people.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
This whole "now to unlock story missions you have to beat harder versions of the missions you already did" in MGSV is ****ing stupid and I might just straight up stop playing as a result.
You actually don't have to do those at all, they are completely optional.
But it's still bs that they count them as more missions instead of just making difficulty options for all of the missions.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
SunJester SunJester You don't have time for romance, but you wouldn't mind if romance had time for you, or something along those sorts of lines?

SunJester

Smash Ace
SunJester SunJester You don't have time for romance, but you wouldn't mind if romance had time for you, or something along those sorts of lines?
No I've got time, its just not worth the effort to put in it when I (feel like) I get the same out of a friendship.

The way I see it is, its not worth putting effort into something that doesn't interest me. I find my social contact through friendships to be more than enough.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

I don't remember making this comment but it's amazing

Also I've come to the full on realization that using a song for a Combo Video does RUIN it for yourself when trying to just listen to an album with it in it. I weep for the loss of whatever great Death Grips song I'll choose for my far future Falco combo video.

Making a Melee combo video requires that you're truly good and doing some sick shet. It's only gonna get harder to appease that standard when everyone gets access to Dan Salvato's memory card replay feature.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

I don't remember making this comment but it's amazing

Also I've come to the full on realization that using a song for a Combo Video does RUIN it for yourself when trying to just listen to an album with it in it. I weep for the loss of whatever great Death Grips song I'll choose for my far future Falco combo video.

Making a Melee combo video requires that you're truly good and doing some sick shet. It's only gonna get harder to appease that standard when everyone gets access to Dan Salvato's memory card replay feature.
the quality of your signature has improved dramatically.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Does anyone know where I can convert MP3 files to BRTSM files?

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
You actually don't have to do any of the repeat missions to get the new ones

Just do side ops or go for S ranks in previous missions and they'll unlock on their own. its based on total game progression not how many missions you've done. I went back and tried S ranking/clearing mission objectives and after 5 or 6 missions I ended up getting the last mission unlocked

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Was stationed in SD and know a lot of ******* who go there, I can hit them up for you to get in on that. It's mostly a Dorm thing.
I appreciate that but no need; I'll probably just check out the page like Toaster said.
are you part of the san diego fb group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanDiegoPM/
No; I should check that out. Frankly I was a bit hesitant to join another SoCal-based Smash group after my last experience, but I need my games.
Edit: Yeah, it's a subset of the SoCal PM Community, so I don't want to join the fb group, but that wouldn't stop me from attending events.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I appreciate that but no need; I'll probably just check out the page like Toaster said.

No; I should check that out. Frankly I was a bit hesitant to join another SoCal-based Smash group after my last experience, but I need my games.
Edit: Yeah, it's a subset of the SoCal PM Community, so I don't want to join the fb group, but that wouldn't stop me from attending events.
The San Diego fb page is super chill.

Main one is still really toxic

Top Bottom