• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know Kragg is slow relative to the rest of the cast in RoA but goddamn he doesn't really feel slow when I've played him (I've had the chance to play the game a second time when PlateProp PlateProp brought it our biweekly, though only in practice mode as no one would play it with me at first and then when someone tried Plate had to fix controller stuff for it which got me distracted from it and he ended up putting it away D: ). So there is that at least. Plus I feel like he might be fighting Maypul for best edgeguarder in the game. He's got some cool stuff on him and doesn't really feel like a fatty to me when I play him.

I do agree the Maypul is underrated and think she is probably the second best in the game at the very least, might be even better then Zetterburn but she is hard to use effectively. But Zetturburn is also basically just P:M Wolf and is the only character in the game with Melee like Shine (albeit frame 2 instead of 1, but still).

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I know Kragg is slow relative to the rest of the cast in RoA but goddamn he doesn't really feel slow when I've played him (I've had the chance to play the game a second time when PlateProp PlateProp brought it our biweekly, though only in practice mode as no one would play it with me at first and then when someone tried Plate had to fix controller stuff for it which got me distracted from it and he ended up putting it away D: ). So there is that at least. Plus I feel like he might be fighting Maypul for best edgeguarder in the game. He's got some cool stuff on him and doesn't really feel like a fatty to me when I play him.

I do agree the Maypul is underrated and think she is probably the second best in the game at the very least, might be even better then Zetterburn but she is hard to use effectively. But Zetturburn is also basically just P:M Wolf and is the only character in the game with Melee like Shine (albeit frame 2 instead of 1, but still).
For sure, he's still good for a fatty, and doesn't suffer as much as most other smash fatties, but pretty much all of the playtesters consider him bottom-tier if not the worst character in the game at the moment, and the fact that much of the community currently thinks that he's best or second best is just silly.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
In human sexuality right now and a group is presenting on sexual fetishes, a dude showed up in full S&M outfits complete with whips, a ball gag in his mouth, and a tiny band around his balls. He wore it under a coat all day. lol

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For sure, he's still good for a fatty, and doesn't suffer as much as most other smash fatties, but pretty much all of the playtesters consider him bottom-tier if not the worst character in the game at the moment, and the fact that much of the community currently thinks that he's best or second best is just silly.
I'm not really sold on bottom tier for Kragg either. I think Forsburn is probably worse. I'm not sure how to feel about Orcane right now after getting a bit more play with him but he still feels a bit underwhelming. I think he might be competing with Wrastor for 3rd/4th spot.

But that is still just early impression with not very much play-time. :/

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
So it turns out instead of the **** hackjob way I used my GC controller for Rivals I could have used something that makes it have analog inputs.
RIP all the games I lost.

Also I must fix my lack of having a calzone before, they sound so good and full of diabetes, even better than what pizza ever did for me.

Last edited:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
So it turns out instead of the **** hackjob way I used my GC controller for Rivals I could have used something that makes it have analog inputs.
RIP all the games I lost.
Haha I just came to that epiphany too

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
In human sexuality right now and a group is presenting on sexual fetishes, a dude showed up in full S&M outfits complete with whips, a ball gag in his mouth, and a tiny band around his balls. He wore it under a coat all day. lol

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So we have this **** in the college where you can take a room for 2 to study in away from others. And me and my brother always try our best to get them because we always are a crew of 2 and most of the ****ing time there's some ******** inside there by himself. Hell you don't even have to physically IN there to take it. all you have to do is leave your **** inside and go on to your class, because the students can't move your **** personally.

Hell we have rooms for a group of 4,6,8,and even 32.THIRTY ****ING TWO PEOPLE! and it ****ing happens to them also.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
So we have this **** in the college where you can take a room for 2 to study in away from others. And me and my brother always try our best to get them because we always are a crew of 2 and most of the ****ing time there's some ******** inside there by himself. Hell you don't even have to physically IN there to take it. all you have to do is leave your **** inside and go on to your class, because the students can't move your **** personally.

Hell we have rooms for a group of 4,6,8,and even 32.THIRTY ****ING TWO PEOPLE! and it ****ing happens to them also.
That's stupid... I guessing there's no authority to speak with about abusing the system like that?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
These characters are good.
Really?

I thought that Bowser was now considered at least the bottom half of the cast. Melee Ganon is only good because most of Melee's roster is absolute trash, and he's not actually super slow because of platform movement (and isn't really quite a fattie). In comparison to the Melee cast that "matters" on a competitive level, he's at the bottom.

Bleck

Smash Master
Bowser's considered to be low because it's more difficult to make accurate predictions than it is to throw out f-airs into jabs until you lock in your bread and butter. Unlike Melee, the tier list in Smash 4 is currently based less on evaluation of tools and more on metagame.

The characters aren't necessarily bad - there just aren't any really good players of them, because most of the players let the metagame develop into something that supports itself (i.e Zero says Sheik is the best, so everyone starts playing Sheik or people who Zero thinks "counter" Sheik, nobody develops the meta for anyone else).

Melee's top tiers are somewhat more objective because of definitively good things (i.e the shine is the best move in the game, only these characters have good recoveries, etc.), but Smash 4 isn't nearly as objective as people make it out to be, at least not yet.

It's also worth noting that today's patch nearly doubled the amount of shieldstun, globally, which is a huge buff to a lot of the "lower tier" characters.

Last edited:

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's considered to be low because it's more difficult to make accurate predictions than it is to throw out f-airs into jabs until you lock in your bread and butter. Unlike Melee, the tier list in Smash 4 is currently based less on evaluation of tools and more on metagame.

The characters aren't necessarily bad - there just aren't any really good players of them, because most of the players let the metagame develop into something that supports itself (i.e Zero says Sheik is the best, so everyone starts playing Sheik or people who Zero thinks "counter" Sheik, nobody develops the meta for anyone else).

Melee's top tiers are somewhat more objective because of definitively good things (i.e the shine is the best move in the game, only these characters have good recoveries, etc.), but Smash 4 isn't nearly as objective as people make it out to be, at least not yet.

It's also worth noting that today's patch nearly doubled the amount of shieldstun, globally, which is a huge buff to a lot of the "lower tier" characters.
Might actually give it a try since I won't feel like everything is unsafe on shield. This is the type of change I never expected to occur and piqued my interest in possibly playing it more.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
That's stupid... I guessing there's no authority to speak with about abusing the system like that?
There's a rule about room priority. In which: "If a group of students within the room are below the required minimum (number minimum required is not met), than the room can be forfeited towards the group with the greater number of people almost immediately."

Problem is that they don't have enough staff to patrol this and can be only exercised when the groups calls them out.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
You know if Skull Girls had Nintendo characters as fighter DLC, i would say only a few would seem fitting.

Characters like Falcon, Zamus, and maybe even Fox seem perfect for that ****.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So there I am in MH4U doing the urgent quest (caravan, not guild hall, haven't messed around with those quests yet) to hunt the Gore Magala. Everything is going fine for the most part, almost hit a bad sport where I almost carted). Get asked to go do something so I closed the 3DS and went do. I come back and open up my 3DS and it says the cartridge was removed. Lo and behold there is no cartridge in the 3DS and instead it is somehow on the table.

Somehow it ended up on the table meaning I somehow accidentally ejected it when I closed it.

HOW DO I DO THESE THINGS TO MYSELF.

Now I have to start over from the beginning meaning I have to fight it in area 5 again and that area sucks so ****ing much. ;-;

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So there I am in MH4U doing the urgent quest (caravan, not guild hall, haven't messed around with those quests yet) to hunt the Gore Magala. Everything is going fine for the most part, almost hit a bad sport where I almost carted). Get asked to go do something so I closed the 3DS and went do. I come back and open up my 3DS and it says the cartridge was removed. Lo and behold there is no cartridge in the 3DS and instead it is somehow on the table.

Somehow it ended up on the table meaning I somehow accidentally ejected it when I closed it.

Now I have to start over from the beginning meaning I have to fight it in area 5 again and that area sucks so ****ing much. ;-;

#JustMonterHunterThings

SunJester

Smash Ace
I like how the people who were really vocal about PM having balance changes every year or so are surprisingly quiet when Sm4sh goes through 11 balance changes in less than a year. Zzzz.

But I do agree that Sm4sh is more balanced than Melee for sure. The homogenization of the cast lends itself to be far more balanced than Melee, and lower tier characters will have a way better chance at winning than Melee.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Except Shulk ;_;
Yeah right.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That shieldstun change is really the biggest thing since the death of VI (and something I was personally waiting for since the Brawl days).

I'm really excited by this change even though I'm sure it's going to backfire horribly at some point.

#blockstrings

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice

I feel for you so much. Monster Hunter is literally the worst/best RPG ever. Honestly if I knew how much effort it took each become badass back then, I would never play it.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

Hold up

Doubled shield stun? This sounds fun.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Not quite doubled but the formula was changed to have a ton more. This actually makes Sheik even better though (and indirectly buffed Puff yusssss. You shouldn't be shielding with her anyway lol).

It's like Smash 64 but not QUITE as dumb.

Edit - Lizalfos stop saying stuff on here that I say in texts that I'm going to say :L

Last edited:
Top Bottom