• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Draco_The

Smash Lord
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Lizalfos

Smash Master
pick some numbers 1-50
6, 9

edit:
4, 20

Hey how do I sell PM to People over Smash 4. ASL is a really good feature people like, and things like Kirby's horizontal cutter are interesting but Smash 4 has graphix and doesn't lag on HDTV, making it feel crisper.

You know what Smash 4 needs. A stop button. Like you should be able to just stop your run. It would probably be good for all Smash games but 4 and Brawl need it.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
CORY CORY the imageshack image in your sig has expired.

Everyone talking about Sm4sh patch but Rivals of Aether just got a patch too.

Jab combos are no longer trash, which is good.

Forsburn dash attack is less autocombo, which is good.

Zetterburn has a general damage decrease on his aerials, which is good.

Neutral respawns, which is good.

Wrastor has a more useable dair, which is good.

Orcane's uair kills less ridiculously early, which is good.

And then Kragg got nerfs, which were mostly unwarranted but mostly good. He can no longer camp on top of his pillar. But his pillar can be broken during startup, which I don't like as much, because it forces him to always recover low against a number of characters, particularly Maypul, who he already got ****ed by.

And then Maypul got buffs with double active frames on usmash, jab 1 and 2 going down from 5 frames to 3, which is especially absurd given how fast and good for combos her tilts are on top of the universal jab changes. Her bair is bigger. Her only nerf is dash attack horizontal speed, and that still lets it combo into itself better.

Overall very good changes, but I think it's a tiny bit too reactionary to the community. The playtesters all know Kragg sucks. Preventing his camping is a good thing, but having a strong recovery is important when you're terrible offstage. Doesn't hurt him too much though. And I'm bad too, so I shouldn't judge harshly either.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lmfao at the Maypul buffs. Those are pretty ridiculous. She was already an easy second best character in the game now she might be the best as those buffs are nothing to sneeze at.

I'm fine with most everything else, I'm not big on Kragg's pillar being able to be broken upon rising (it was already a susceptible recovery without that and risky to use on stage without it as well and still required smart usage now it went from a good move that required smart usage to just a kinda bad move that is super easy to punish) but meh.

Most of the changes are great. I think the Maypul buffs are a bit too much and am not too big on how Kragg's pillar is destructable upon rising but overall looks pretty good.

Still wish I could get the game though. :C

Bleck

Smash Master
not really interested in RoA 'cause it straight up looks bad

I mean, not gameplay-wise or anything, just... really amateurish spritework

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994

I like how most of it looks, but Zetterburn's sprites just completely suck.

I'm not too pick about graphics, though, and the core combat stuff is really good, so I enjoy it.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Honestly, When I read that I always imagine your avi saying that

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I think the game has a certain charm to it in terms of graphics.

But I'm also not picky about graphics and graphics will really never be a deciding factor for a game ever for me.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm also not usually too picky about graphics, but there's a line between "this could be better, but it's fine" and "this is just straight up Not Good"

like the animation is good and the overall character designs are actually nice, but in the transition to pixel work they end up looking really flat and warped, bleh

this wouldn't bother me as much if the game weren't For Money with apparently no other features other than straight up versus mode (I could be wrong here)

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I'm also not usually too picky about graphics, but there's a line between "this could be better, but it's fine" and "this is just straight up Not Good"

like the animation is good and the overall character designs are actually nice, but in the transition to pixel work they end up looking really flat and warped, bleh

this wouldn't bother me as much if the game weren't For Money with apparently no other features other than straight up versus mode (I could be wrong here)
Right now it's pretty much versus mode. It's in beta though.

There's some kind of campaign mode planned and other stuff, iirc.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I gotchu fam

Lemme know if that's too tall cause it might be lol
Thanks, ganon homie. I'll have to try to remember to look it up tmrw again.

But when I looked earlier at home today, it looked like my signature was still up? Is it just showing up for me from cacheing or something?

Bazkip

Smash Master
Thanks, ganon homie. I'll have to try to remember to look it up tmrw again.

But when I looked earlier at home today, it looked like my signature was still up? Is it just showing up for me from cacheing or something?
Yeah you had it cached

Also that first one was way too big, here's one that'll fit

Bleck

Smash Master
Right now it's pretty much versus mode. It's in beta though.

There's some kind of campaign mode planned and other stuff, iirc.
not entirely their problem but I'm getting real ****in' sick of the industry's move to "pay us money now for the half-finished game and then we'll update it over time"

Bleck

Smash Master
the industry refers to the economic sector that produces video games for profit; being a smaller developer or working without the aid of a publisher does not exempt somebody from the industry

Bazkip

Smash Master
the industry refers to the economic sector that produces video games for profit; being a smaller developer or working without the aid of a publisher does not exempt somebody from the industry
Being a small indie development team means you generally have little to no access to funds and testers, paid betas are a great way to these developers to secure both. There's so many incredible games that likely wouldn't have been possible without this model. Sure there are some unscrupulous people who will take advantage of that, but those cases are rare and we're going to start seeing legal action being taken against people who try to exploit the system like that (I believe this has even happened already). Other than that relatively remote possibility I don't see much downside to the system.

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Industry trends, is there somthing I'm missing with extra versions of fighting games? To me they just seem like glorified balance patches but I've never upgraded to one.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Speaking of Industry trends, is there somthing I'm missing with extra versions of fighting games? To me they just seem like glorified balance patches but I've never upgraded to one.
some are real updates with ballance patches and new characters and normally not full priced purchaces (SF4 did it okay, Xrd is doing it okayy).

Someare just a reason to sell you the same game with 2 new characters and 2 new clones for 60 bucks, with little to no added new things (looking at you blazblue >.>)

fighting games seem to be moving towards a seasonal system with regular updates and new characters+DLCs being pumped out regularly, but you can get a season pass

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
For those of you on the East Coast other than myself, please make sure you are adequately prepared for the hurricane on this weekend. Could be Sandy 2.0 EASILY, so do what you gotta do, and stay safe, please!

SunJester

Smash Ace
Early access games really cheese me off but in the case of a fighting game I think its a fair compromise to "help us beta test the game and we'll give you a discount on it." A lot of testing on competitive games is getting feedback from players, I don't think there's any easier way to do it and if you released this current build for free then when it came time to pay people wouldn't want to.

But its incredibly fair to see "early access" as a huge warning light. The only thing I've ever bought early was the kickstarter for Yooka-Laylee. Its a team that has delivered games I've really enjoyed in the past, and I'm putting my faith in them for the free DLC+Cheaper backer price. Same thing with RoA. A lot of Smashers got to play early builds of the game and I've heard a lot of positive buzz, it makes me feel more at ease of putting my money into a game so they can get it finished.

But there's nothing wrong with being cautious of early-access games.

Bazkip

Smash Master
When Shroomed was a boy

Top Bottom