• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Speaking of Industry trends, is there something I'm missing with extra versions of fighting games? To me they just seem like glorified balance patches but I've never upgraded to one.
People have been making jokes about fighting game updates getting longer titles full of adjectives since Street Fighter 2. So it is a long time trend.

The only difference is that now they are starting to make it so you can digitally upgrade without changing the disk (if you bought the disk). Capcom only charging $15 per Street Fighter upgrade after Super is actually extremely rare.

Like DLC characters they are still generally very overpriced for early adopters but if you want to compete with the community, you really have no choice. Plus people get bored quickly and like having new moves and mechanics to try out.

Last edited:

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
some are real updates with ballance patches and new characters and normally not full priced purchaces (SF4 did it okay, Xrd is doing it okayy).

Someare just a reason to sell you the same game with 2 new characters and 2 new clones for 60 bucks, with little to no added new things (looking at you blazblue >.>)

fighting games seem to be moving towards a seasonal system with regular updates and new characters+DLCs being pumped out regularly, but you can get a season pass
Is there anything in particular that requires it to be a new game instead of a patch?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
For those of you on the East Coast other than myself, please make sure you are adequately prepared for the hurricane on this weekend. Could be Sandy 2.0 EASILY, so do what you gotta do, and stay safe, please!
Good wishes to you too Mech.
(I don't know how you folks put up with the weather on the East Coast...)
*Continue fruitless search for water in the great plains of death that NorCal is becoming*

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
For those of you on the East Coast other than myself, please make sure you are adequately prepared for the hurricane on this weekend. Could be Sandy 2.0 EASILY, so do what you gotta do, and stay safe, please!
sandy was a weak af hurricane. y'all need to work on yer infrastructure up north lmao

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
People who live near the ocean and had their homes destroyed, possibly not even rebuilt yet, aren't going to take a big storm lightly.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Friends giving me second thoughts on calling her to ask her out he says I should try meeting her instead even though we almost never meet up on the bus help me PMS

Although he also gave me a much better plan of actually walking in a park instead of the neighborhood so it wouldnt have to be next thursday/friday, instead if can be on a wednesday or something idk

Last edited:

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Paying the people who would have made the patch
I'm not saying there shouldn't be any payed content. I'm just wondering why they don't do it like smash4 is doing with balance patches being free and new characters costing money.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
does anyone else in this thread think Gief's face looks a little weird

like he should have bigger eyebrows or something

something just feels a little off

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
And hot off the heels of a SFV reveal...

A leak of Laura? Looks like she's lightning based, much akin to Blanka. At the very least, we're probably getting the whole roster by the end of the year.

Last edited:

3quinox

Smash Rookie
NNID
X3quinoxX
3DS FC
2294-6359-7765
Hey so I'm new to PM and I wanted to know why tourney mode takes me to rotation please inform me :158::c

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
Hey so I'm new to PM and I wanted to know why tourney mode takes me to rotation please inform me :158::c
Because tourney mode's interface hasn't been changed to accommodate new characters and costumes so it crashes. It takes you to rotation mode to avoid the crashes.

At least I think that is the gist of it.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Friends giving me second thoughts on calling her to ask her out he says I should try meeting her instead even though we almost never meet up on the bus help me PMS

Although he also gave me a much better plan of actually walking in a park instead of the neighborhood so it wouldnt have to be next thursday/friday, instead if can be on a wednesday or something idk

Bazkip

Smash Master
:O

:happysheep:

(Disclaimer: Not necessarily PM specific. Maybe.)
You posted that in the Ontario Smash 4 Facebook group, but none of the other Ontario FB groups
You posted here in the PM Social thread, but none of the other social threads

Hm...

SunJester

Smash Ace
Everyone he tagged aren't involved with PM aside from Chibo and (presumably) the Smashboards staff. But obvs Warchamp is involved with PM.

"Not necessarily PM specific..maybe"

A new tournament series?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
W PogChamp H PogChamp E PogChamp R PogChamp E PogChamp S PogChamp T PogChamp H PogChamp E PogChamp M PogChamp E PogChamp M PogChamp E PogChamp S PogChamp ?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

Just ask her out dude.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Guys, I found out pseudo-multi fairing is possible with Marth in Melee...

20TT is real

Top Bottom