• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
"Why," thought drakargx, "Why can't they see that this is an anime?" He thought long and hard about this before coming to the realization that he was, with no doubt in his mind, the MC of this particular show. And why wouldn't he be? He exists in a world that makes very little sense to him, and must find ideas on how to survive in it through his trusty pals. "I fit perfectly as that one dude who serves as a relateable character to the audience, so that they can make sense of it all", he thought.

To him, this was not some phase, because it had been going on for much too long.

Nor was it a coincidence, for the details lined up perfectly, more perfectly than the alignment of the planets during the euphoric realization.

Nor was it him being overly dramatic, because this happened during a relatively normal period in his life.

He truly believed he was in an anime- nay, he knew he was in an anime. And he was the main star, the one who suffers and learns from suffering, the one who loves and grows from loving, the one who thinks to continue thinking.

And he does it all for the audience. All to keep them happy, to keep them entertained. Drakargx rejected Scotch98's advice, and moved on to continue with his anime life, however fanservicey it may be.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
"Why," thought drakargx, "Why can't they see that this is an anime?" He thought long and hard about this before coming to the realization that he was, with no doubt in his mind, the MC of this particular show. And why wouldn't he be? He exists in a world that makes very little sense to him, and must find ideas on how to survive in it through his trusty pals. "I fit perfectly as that one dude who serves as a relateable character to the audience, so that they can make sense of it all", he thought.

To him, this was not some phase, because it had been going on for much too long.

Nor was it a coincidence, for the details lined up perfectly, more perfectly than the alignment of the planets during the euphoric realization.

Nor was it him being overly dramatic, because this happened during a relatively normal period in his life.

He truly believed he was in an anime- nay, he knew he was in an anime. And he was the main star, the one who suffers and learns from suffering, the one who loves and grows from loving, the one who thinks to continue thinking.

And he does it all for the audience. All to keep them happy, to keep them entertained. Drakargx rejected Scotch98's advice, and moved on to continue with his anime life, however fanservicey it may be.
This is dumber than Instramentality.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

CPP4p-RW8AApQiU.png

mimgrim

Smash Hero

D

Deleted member

Being lower leveled in video games bothers me so ****ing much

I like, legit went super emo in what was supposed to be a Master Guardian 1 rank up game in CS:GO, but I played against smurf accounts and got stomped (apparently, MG1 isn't ****ing **** either LMAO)

This happens in Smash too, but it's way way worse

Going to school and work is virtually the same thing because I literally feel like I'm incapable of excelling in anything I do there

I wake up every single morning, and it bothers me so badly how average and worthless I am, I just unno

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@Scotch98' Welcome to our species, where feeling like one is a productive member of society is a luxury that a fairly large amount of us cannot afford.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
They lost that the moment they sent in Armada early.

I don't know what they were thinking.

Edit: Actually they lost that the moment Leffen was denied entry into the US ayy lmao
Dat new Visa-Cancel Tech already being put into play.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You know you could have casually asked this girl out somewhere early on, and when she said she had a boyfriend passed it off as a friendly invite that was still open. But you probably made it awkward now, sorry not helping.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
More people trying to disprove this isn't an anime smh

In retrospect that probably wasn't a good idea but it was midnight and I was tired and it SEEMED funny at the time so w/e I'll roll with it
my life is an anime
except one of those anime where things never get better cause the readers like bad **** happening kek

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
holy ****, MGSV pissed me off so much last night that i went to sleep at like at 5pm or 6 and woke up at 7 am

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Trying to correlate anime tropes and arcs with real life is a sign of weakness.
Purge the weeb, and immerse yourself in the cold hard indifference that is reality. Then you'll become strong.

Unlike the majority of my students, who I swear to god never picked up on a thing called "personal responsibility".

MGSV...I have not finished yet, but I've already got issues with it as a long-time MGS fan. I'm guessing actually beating the game won't help that feeling much?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
MGSV...I have not finished yet, but I've already got issues with it as a long-time MGS fan. I'm guessing actually beating the game won't help that feeling much?
Negative, at least not on the plot/narrative side of things anyways. I was very disappointed with how everything was carried out. It had tons of potential; I really liked the 1984-esque ideas and ambition and scope.

Still, I had a blast playing it at the very least. It's easily my favorite MGS game in terms of gameplay.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
You know you could have casually asked this girl out somewhere early on, and when she said she had a boyfriend passed it off as a friendly invite that was still open. But you probably made it awkward now, sorry not helping.
Naw its all cool, I texted afterwards apologizing for the awkwardness and she texted me saying she didn't mind me asking at all and asked to be friends, I agreed. We'll still probably do japanese study things every now and then, maybe talk on the bus for a bit. But hindsight is 20/20, I could have done it in a smoother way but the way I did it was fine I think

As Day9 says, it's only as awkward as you want to make it, and if they're any sort of a decent human being they wont drop a friendship because of it

holy ****, MGSV pissed me off so much last night that i went to sleep at like at 5pm or 6 and woke up at 7 am
Guess you're talking about the ending?

Purge the weeb, and immerse yourself in the cold hard indifference that is reality. Then you'll become strong.

Unlike the majority of my students, who I swear to god never picked up on a thing called "personal responsibility".

obligatory "ive given up on reality" pic - that line was pure jokes by the way

For the ending,
The ending will probably piss you off at first... but after some thinking I think it was a really good ending to an otherwise lackluster chapter 2

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The ending itself was great, and a very Metal Gear thing.

But it was just...there could have been more. And I'm not even talking like super longwinded exposition or anything like that. Just more substance to go along with the delivery of it. Something cogent, not this disjointed and episodic...thing.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Yung Mei

no the sahelanthropus boss fight. I got so close to killing it, but then it slapped my chopper assist into the ground

on top of me

Yung Mei

ive had so much **** goin on in this game, its crazy

i was tryna snipe a dude and then right as i shot, a ****ing bird flew into my shot

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994

You're alive!

I was wondering where you've been.

Side note, does anyone here play Osu? A few of my friends are really into it, so I'm giving it a shot. Too much anime/jpop stuff for my tastes, but I've just avoided those songs and changed settings so the random pop-ups don't happen, and it's pretty fun so far.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer

I like, legit went super emo in what was supposed to be a Master Guardian 1 rank up game in CS:GO, but I played against smurf accounts and got stomped (apparently, MG1 isn't ****ing **** either LMAO)

Going to school and work is virtually the same thing because I literally feel like I'm incapable of excelling in anything I do there

I wake up every single morning, and it bothers me so badly how average and worthless I am, I just unno
well, first, mech's a ****boy with some issues that he likes to project onto the world at large, so take his bull**** with a grain of salt.

with vidyas, you'll just kinda have to learn to move on : /

somewhat conversely: there's not really anything wrong with wanting to be better at things you do, even gaming, so long as you're being smart about how you do it. learn to analyze mistakes you made and go back to finding the root cause (so, you lose a stock in smash. "why'd you lose the stock?" i got spiked offstage. "why'd you get spiked offstage?" i was forced to double jump early and lose mixup options, giving a linear recovery that was easy to intercept. "why'd you have to double jump early?" because i di'd terribly "why'd you di terribly?" etc... maybe the root cause was not respecting the opponent's space, or being too predictable with approaches or being predictable about how you reset after you gain momentum. once you identify the root cause, you can work to rectify it, then work up the ladder).

just don't get angry because you lost and think you lost to something dumb or lame or whatever, actually think back and find out what you can improve on and work on that. you'll also have to be honest with yourself in that you'll probably not be a top 5 player, but you can definitely work your way there, and analyzing your mistakes that way will lead to less frustration in the long run.

i'm not going to worry about work, because you're in highschool so whatever job you have right now isn't going to be super important outside of getting you used to basic work structures and **** like that. but what's going on in school that you don't feel like you're doing as well as you should be? i remember you talking about not getting into advanced level classes a while back, is it related to that?

if you'd rather not publicly air things out, you can pm me or something.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
You're alive!

Side note, does anyone here play Osu? A few of my friends are really into it, so I'm giving it a shot. Too much anime/jpop stuff for my tastes, but I've just avoided those songs and changed settings so the random pop-ups don't happen, and it's pretty fun so far.

Its a pretty fun game but It takes forever to get into and a lot of people are put off by the anime K/J pop stuff. Most of the people who I've convinced to play it eventually stop playing song's for the music and start playing them based on how fun they are to play and once you get to that point it's REALLY LIFESTEALLINGLY FUN

EDIT: also custom skins are life https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/365036

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994

Its a pretty fun game but It takes forever to get into and a lot of people are put off by the anime K/J pop stuff. Most of the people who I've convinced to play it eventually stop playing song's for the music and start playing them based on how fun they are to play and once you get to that point it's REALLY LIFESTEALLINGLY FUN

EDIT: also custom skins are life https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/365036
Nice, dude. You're about the same PP as my two friends that are really into it. I started this week and just broke 300PP yesterday. So far I've been using the Aesthetic skin but that one looks really pretty. I might have to use that. Do I actually need to use beta for it, or does it just say that?

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Nice, dude. You're about the same PP as my two friends that are really into it. I started this week and just broke 300PP yesterday. So far I've been using the Aesthetic skin but that one looks really pretty. I might have to use that. Do I actually need to use beta for it, or does it just say that?
you can use it without the beta but the non-beta client doesn't support custom slider-ends so you'll still have to deal with slider ends (which is a pain if you play a lot of hidden/hidden hardrock like me)

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Negative, at least not on the plot/narrative side of things anyways. I was very disappointed with how everything was carried out. It had tons of potential; I really liked the 1984-esque ideas and ambition and scope.

Still, I had a blast playing it at the very least. It's easily my favorite MGS game in terms of gameplay.

Smooth Criminal
Oh yeah, the gameplay is probably the best in the series, but I do miss the camo system from MGS3. I'm really liking it, I just feel like the narrative is far too piecemeal compared to what I've come to expect. The characters are all kinda boring(HOW DOES ONE MAKE OCELOT BORING WTF), and I'm just not getting the Metal Gear feel in a lot of the game. But I'm not done yet, so I'll likely save a full analysis/rant until I'm totally finished. Been pretty good about avoiding spoilers for now, and I plan on doing so.

Guess you're talking about the ending?

obligatory "ive given up on reality" pic - that line was pure jokes by the way
Yeah, I was mostly joking too with the weeb ****-talk, just getting back into the PMS swing of things.

You're alive!

I went to Hawaii! It was awesome, got to spend quality time with relatives I liked, and didn't kill those I loathe. Then I came back, started dealing with some serious emotional issues, my relationships kinda starting falling apart, almost killed myself drinking, etc etc. You know, the usual. Better now. Should probably get back into PM now that I'm mentally back on track.

@Warchamp7 the new UI is dope. Multi-quote is niiiice. the bar that follow me everywhere is also niiiice.

@Scotch98' this is something a lot of people are going through. I see it in my students all the time, I suffer from it. It's ok to not be up to par with where you want to be. Accept that you're not amazing at everything, and learn to live with what you call mediocrity-because to someone else, you're probably very skilled in something people give a damn about. Always seek to improve, but never feel like where you are now isn't something to at least be a little proud of. As it turns out, a lack of faith in oneself is often what ends up keeping one from improving.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I went to Hawaii! It was awesome, got to spend quality time with relatives I liked, and didn't kill those I loathe.
Did you get to do any of my suggestions?
Then I came back, started dealing with some serious emotional issues, my relationships kinda starting falling apart, almost killed myself drinking, etc etc. You know, the usual.
uh

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
You might just want to do something about that. Just maybe.
Joking. I've actually cut back on the drinking, which is probably for the best.

Did you get to do any of my suggestions?
Ate at a shrimp truck, was delicious. Also got to go and see the sunrise on Hakaleaka, which was fantastic. Really thought-provoking. Kinda inspired me to pick up dancing again, oddly enough. Can't remember any of the other suggestions right now, but those two stuck out to me.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
MGSV is enjoyable for what it is and certainly better than most games released now, but this pretty much exactly nailed it.

Bleck

Smash Master
that video is fourteen minutes long

Edit:
But yeah, speaking of MGSV, which I just finished.

People's general opinion seems to be 1) the gameplay is phenomenal, but 2) the story was weak, and also unfinished. I... agree, more or less.

Definitely could have been better if it had at least actually resolved the plot concerning Eli (and I know there are some cutscenes floating around that show what happens about that, but even with those, not much is explained).

This game leads into Metal Gear, obviously, but I feel like we could have used a lot more resolution on that front and also maybe some spotlight on David. Seeing the genesis of Liquid Snake was awesome, but now the series is basically over and we're never going to get that game that touches on Solid Snake and Big Boss' relationship. We always see the aftermath, but it's always rung hollow 'cause we never actually had the opportunity to see them bond in a way that parallels The Boss and Naked Snake, which is obviously kind of the point?

Bluh. **** you, Konami.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Ate at a shrimp truck, was delicious. Also got to go and see the sunrise on Hakaleaka, which was fantastic. Really thought-provoking. Kinda inspired me to pick up dancing again, oddly enough. Can't remember any of the other suggestions right now, but those two stuck out to me.
Guess you could just go check my message again.

Glad you made it to see the sunrise on Haleakala, definitely one of the most incredible experiences out there.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
chapter 3 plssssssssssssssss

Just give Venom some actual character (and dialogue) and let me see what the **** BB has been up to. Bonus points if either/both of them go nuclear.

If we get a story DLC that at least does those few things, I will completely overlook the fact that Ocelot has almost no reason to be in this game.

Bazkip

Smash Master
After defeating Zero, Seagull Joe will have to face his greatest challenge yet
Himself

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
MGSV is enjoyable for what it is and certainly better than most games released now, but this pretty much exactly nailed it.

I agree with a lot of his video but I don't think he fully understood Skull Face as a character or maybe he did and was just joking about it idk
Skull Face builds the metal gear as a catalyst for his plan, by doing so he starts the nuclear weapon scare and can start effectively selling nukes to other countries. But his plan was ruined when Eli got near Psycho Mantis, who had more vengeance in him than skull face/he was a kid, so skull face lost control of the metal gear.

The entire scene with Huey, Kaz and Venom shooting at skull face was very well done and gets its point across imo - Kaz and Venom's lust for revenge is now satisfied but it's not as sweet as they expected. Huey dealing the final blow signifies this.

And skull face's plan has less to do with what he's actually saying and more to do with cultural assimilation

But anyway... #NeverBeGameOver, there's definitely something important hidden in the portopia stuff people are finding in the game, if only we had volume 3...

Top Bottom