• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
I only watch hitbox now and don't care much about Melee or Smash 4, but I now want to watch Big House to get the Wavedash Games announcment live. Can anybody tell me where I can find the stream at? Pls not vgbootcamp ;-; Thank you so much

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I hate to be one of those people, but I'm genuinely curious. If this was a standalone game created by the PMDT, would ya'll be willing to crowdfund it?

Smooth Criminal

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I hate to be one of those people, but I'm genuinely curious. If this was a standalone game created by the PMDT, would ya'll be willing to crowdfund it?

Smooth Criminal
yes. especially since i know two people on wavedash itself, one of which being a close friend.

and, no, they still don't tell me **** about it >: /

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
On which stream would this be announced? I'm on the VGBootCamp Melee stream for Big House.

Helsong

Smash Ace

Smooth Criminal
It really depends on the team they have assembled, and if they have a serious-looking proof of concept-or at least something that convinces me they're going to see it through to the end. The way I look at it, if I put money into something in crowdfunding, it's an investment. And as cold as it may sound, I do expect returns on investments, like a finished product. If they show up and just say "btw, we've got a studio, we're making a game, but we don't have anything at all to show for it right now pls give money"..then I'm probably going to hold off.
I'm pretty damn stingy with crowdfunding though

I don't know if it's actually going to be a new game or not. Could be some new esports organization type thing geared entirely towards Smash. Either way, I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

Smooth Criminal
if it's the PMDT now working on this new game as presumed, then absolutely. the major facet of kickstarter is if there's a trustworthy face behind it, otherwise people will be skeptical, and we know that the PMDT can make a good competitive game because that's what they've been doing for the past 4-5 years

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** what just happened in that abate vs s2j set? It acted like a phantom hit but abate seemed to take some form of hitstun, he just didnt move anywhere

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
people are calling it "invisible floor" because it's literally just the opposite of the invisible ceiling glitch

looks to be a completely new concept tho, because even normal melee tech junkies are confused by it

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I can't wait for Wavedash Games to announce their new game so I can go to their forums and cause a big stink about l-canceling

CORY

wut
BRoomer
That looked like weird sdi up onto the wall or something... But hitting a floor.. Yeah invisible floor sounds like it makes sense.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Seagull Joe might be out, but smash.gg still believes in him

I enjoy these projected bracket errors far too much lol

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
After talking with this guy the other day, I wondered how many people out there sincerely believe that L-cancelling is a pivotal mechanic part of the reason why Melee is so successful... There can't be many like that guy, right? If the new Wavedash company is actually creating a game, there aren't going to be too many people actually for L-cancelling, right?

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
There's a very big portion of the community that does, if you really want to you can try to stir them up by talking about it in twitch chat/reddit

Good thing is that they're not video game designers

Top Bottom