• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

steelguttey

mei is bei
yo abate can totally get 2nd at tbh5

the only fox he is gonna have to play against until grands is m2k and i think m2k would go marth anyway and fox is the only matchup abate auto-loses

unless m2k beats armada then abate is ****ed

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
This is the only way we can pass the time to the announcement.\
I can not forgive the man who made this, only maintain our friendship with this knowledge festering within me.

MERRY HOLLOS EV3 ERRYBUDDY

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
yo abate can totally get 2nd at tbh5

the only fox he is gonna have to play against until grands is m2k and i think m2k would go marth anyway and fox is the only matchup abate auto-loses

unless m2k beats armada then abate is ****ed
m2k is the scariest one though, it'll be harder to get a dependable mind game strategy because m2k's strategy is all over the place. He plays on feeling

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I didn't make PMDT.

my guess is because my "smash resume" was super long and also because I am not good enough at this game

(but actually @Strong Bad or someone on the review board if you could let me know what I could do to improve my application or any main explanation as to why I don't seem to be qualified, for the sake of self-betterment I'd actually really appreciate it if possible)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I finally got around to watching Amagami. I don't know what took me so long. Dat Haruka arc...
It was just the invisible ceiling glitch, it just turns out the glitch is jankier than we thought.
I unironically love that this qualifies as an actual explanation for anything.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Incoming Johns.

Fighting squirtle makes me so disgusted I want to violently vomit out my own internal organs. Seriously I have no fun fighting the ******. Who thought this was a good idea.

sigh...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So I guess that announcement wasn't from the PMDT or something? Was expecting to learn something other than that Wavedash Games exists, which everyone knew before the whole website update. If the subreddit is any indicator, people are upset.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Doesn't help that they had warchamp retweeted their announcement and strongbad was tagged in one of their posts.

They're basically using the PM community to get a leg up and I'm not gonna be supporting them as a result

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Doesn't help that they had warchamp retweeted their announcement and strongbad was tagged in one of their posts.

They're basically using the PM community to get a leg up and I'm not gonna be supporting them as a result
I would have the same opinion except I'm not entirely sure that the PMDT wasn't giving them permission to do that. It seems like the PMDT were throwing a decent bit of support over to them, even if they weren't clear that their announcement wasn't explicitly related to PM. That's why I'm most upset.
...um

PMDT is working with these guys.

Smooth Criminal
Source? Even if so, though, they shouldn't have let it get so hyped. This went on for a long while.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I wish we could have seen something, like even a teaser where they talk about design goals, or art, or who in the dev team is involved?

Anything?

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

You're right. I was the first public exposure to Wavedash because they've got me chained up in a basement. Save me

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Eh, looks cool. Why not support a community-driven competitive games project? If what they're doing turns out to be neat, I'm all for it.

Also, ran another tournament today, it went alright. Most of them were uni students from my club, so these matches are counting in our (automated) power rankings.

I am officially top 10 in Melee among students at my uni. All them need to git gud.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I would have the same opinion except I'm not entirely sure that the PMDT wasn't giving them permission to do that. It seems like the PMDT were throwing a decent bit of support over to them, even if they weren't clear that their announcement wasn't explicitly related to PM. That's why I'm most upset.
Ok? Sounds like you took some vagaries (literally, "announcement of an announcement"), shook 'em around in your head like a cocktail, and came up with this ridiculous notion that...I don't even know what you're thinking, tbh. This whole collaboration is clearly of PMDT's own volition, if Warchamp being chained in their basement isn't any indica---I mean, if members of the PMDT are already involved and supporting this.

Source? Even if so, though, they shouldn't have let it get so hyped. This went on for a long while.
Warchamp, Strong Bad, CORY knows a couple of the people involved...

Seriously, dude, there's some information that falls squarely on your shoulders to process/handle. You got nobody to blame but yourself for getting overhyped for ****.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You're right. I was the first public exposure to Wavedash because they've got me chained up in a basement. Save me
I think what he's saying is that Wavedash is getting a lot of media hype from the PMDT, and since members are doing their whole "teasing in the comments" bit, people are getting misled and all that. It's definitely not anyone's fault per se, but it's also understandable why people are upset.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
a perpetual cycle of vague overhyping, followed immediately by blaming everyone else for not being able to fill in the blanks of a white page containing only a single dot

I kind of expected y'all would learn it wasn't a good idea, but I guess the circle of life continues

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Ok? Sounds like you took some vagaries (literally, "announcement of an announcement"), shook 'em around in your head like a cocktail, and came up with this ridiculous notion that...I don't even know what you're thinking, tbh. This whole collaboration is clearly of PMDT's own volition, if Warchamp being chained in their basement isn't any indica---I mean, if members of the PMDT are already involved and supporting this.

Seriously, dude, there's some information that falls squarely on your shoulders to process/handle. You got nobody to blame but yourself for getting overhyped for ****.

Smooth Criminal
Alright, let's calm down some. Just saying something is obvious doesn't make it so, particularly when members "know a couple of the people involved". It sounded more like they were repping their friends, which is a pretty normal thing for people to do for each other IMO...

NWRL

Smash Ace
That's not my point. You guys know that you are affiliated with PM and we all know PM's situation in esports currently. You should probably have used a little more foresight.

I'm not upset, I saw this coming due to a similar situation that happened last month.

I don't know of any of you guys followed the Blackhound/ ingsoc.org fiasco with MGSV but this is basically a repeat of that and it probably blew up in their faces, just like it did with Blackhound

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Incoming Johns.

Fighting squirtle makes me so disgusted I want to violently vomit out my own internal organs. Seriously I have no fun fighting the ******. Who thought this was a good idea.

sigh...
sounds like you've never played against rob or gnw bro

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I've honestly never had that big of an issue with ROB weirdly enough.

GnW and Squirtle make me hate myself.
How can you say that when you play MK, who is probably top 10 in characters that can do dumb **** out of CC

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Smooth Criminal
just for clarification: I know one of the members of wavedash personally as a close friend, and another as an acquaintance mostly, but someone I respect. I know a few pmdt members irl and hang out with some of them. I'm involved with neither organization directly and know nothing about what wavedash is doing other than "want to make an original IP smash like".

I'm little more than just a fan fic writer shipping both groups together while masturbating furiously about what I imagine their love child to be.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
just for clarification: I know one of the members of wavedash personally as a close friend, and another as an acquaintance mostly, but someone I respect. I know a few pmdt members irl and hang out with some of them. I'm involved with neither organization directly and know nothing about what wavedash is doing other than "want to make an original IP smash like".

I'm little more than just a fan fic writer shipping both groups together while masturbating furiously about what I imagine their love child to be.
I didn't mean to insinuate any sorta deep ties outside of the one you mentioned in your earlier posts; just that members are involved and are involved willingly. Sorry, dude. =/ I should have been clearer on that one. I promise not to take your name in vain again!

I know its my fault for being excited, but I just wish they came out with a "bang" rather than a "we exist".

That's all
I guess I understand, and perhaps I came off as demonizing that disappointment (really it is kinda understandable), but...comparing this to that Blackhound thing (I mean, seriously?) or saying that the PMDT isn't really involved in some way? Idk, just a bit much, and I disagreed. Not quite as vehemently as the above implies, but...

And trust me, I have no beef with anybody here. Except Bleck and Mech sometimes. Maybe trash on a bad day. So, uh, Typical Guy and Narwhal, I ain't exactly tight about what you're saying.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
on the one hand, I agree that people get themselves too hyped up over nothing

on the other hand, implying a "big announcement" is happening and then the announcement being "we are a thing" is kind of a joke

like why does it matter if there's a studio if they don't even have any plans or anything else tangible that people can actually care about

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I didn't mean to insinuate any sorta deep ties outside of the one you mentioned in your earlier posts; just that members are involved and are involved willingly. Sorry, dude. =/ I should have been clearer on that one. I promise not to take your name in vain again!
It's all good. I just wanted to make sure people didn't think I knew more than I did somewhere down the line : p

SunJester

Smash Ace
Like I know they said they have more cards to reveal, but if you can't come out with a bang maybe it was too early to reveal those cards?

I want something to be excited about, right now I'm just confused at the direction is all.

Is there a game announcement to follow soon? What will the game play like? How is the community going to be involved in this? Is it going to be a melee/pm like game? Or is it going in a whole new direction? When can we (roughly) expect the game? Who else is involved?

Most importantly, are you removing L-cancelling?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And the above post is why I have beef with Bleck Bleck sometimes. He cuts straight through bull**** with a POV that you may or may not think of. Almost makes you feel like an ass. Almost.

...and I think that's a fair point, btw, but from what I read, it didn't really sound like it was going to be any bigger than what it was? Maybe I myself wasn't looking much further into it? I dunno. "Announcement of an announcement" doesn't engender much hype in me. It was just like...oh, cool, something is going down.

Hopefully these guys'll come up with some kinda gameplan/proof of concept soon, though. I'm curious to see what they're gonna do.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Top Bottom