• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Mango after being eliminated at Big House 5

credits to samox.
As a Melee Marth, that set vs M2K made me very happy. But yeah, Mango's been having it kinda rough lately, that interview at the end definitely was...a thing. No wonder he was bummed afterwards. Not to mention losing to Hungrybox.
2014 Mango was on absolute fire, 2015 Mango is a bit shaky, and while it was exciting at the beginning to see people surpass him, now it just feels shallow.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
As a Melee Marth, that set vs M2K made me very happy. But yeah, Mango's been having it kinda rough lately, that interview at the end definitely was...a thing. No wonder he was bummed afterwards. Not to mention losing to Hungrybox.
2014 Mango was on absolute fire, 2015 Mango is a bit shaky, and while it was exciting at the beginning to see people surpass him, now it just feels shallow.
I missed his interview, what did he say? My opinions are mixed when it comes to that guy. He's had it rough this year with placing we've essentially had to "sleep" on the kid. I was surprised that hbox ended up taking him considering their long track record, I felt what happened at Evo wouldn't have happened again, but Mang0 also has specifically said he considers a campy playstyle to be lame so there's that too. The negative opinions I have wouldn't really be centered around him I guess but more so the toxic attitude displayed by his significant other, whether he has anything to do with that is anyone's guess.

Helsong

Smash Ace
He didn't really say much. Didn't look like he wanted to really do it(and said so when asked), but just kinda sat down and he and Scar basically were silent for a few minutes on the mic. Not really and awkward silence, but more fo just mango not really wanting to talk about it and Scar understanding that much. Then it was just them joking around a bit here and there, but just given Mango's general attitude about always wanting to do well for his fans, I think he just feels let down not only for his own expectations, but for his "mangonation". He feels like this is his lowest point, etc.

I've never really heard much regarding his SO, other than she likes drumming up drama on social media, but that's really just hearsay on my part. Mango just seems to joke around and not take anything on twitter seriously at all, which is probably a good way to go about it.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I missed his interview, what did he say? My opinions are mixed when it comes to that guy. He's had it rough this year with placing we've essentially had to "sleep" on the kid. I was surprised that hbox ended up taking him considering their long track record, I felt what happened at Evo wouldn't have happened again, but Mang0 also has specifically said he considers a campy playstyle to be lame so there's that too. The negative opinions I have wouldn't really be centered around him I guess but more so the toxic attitude displayed by his significant other, whether he has anything to do with that is anyone's guess.
What's goin' on with him and misses mango that the general community knows about?

Shadic Shadic , thankya much.

Muscle_Senpai Muscle_Senpai , I see. That's gotta be a pain to deal with at times I'm sure.

Edit: When people click on my profile I need it to play a clip of "I'M VYSE INGLEBARD, LET'S KICK THIS WAR IN THE TEETH!"

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
What's goin' on with him and misses mango that the general community knows about?
She's very active about stating her own opinion when it comes to smash, not really playing but towards the player base. She flipped off hbox after his victory (I've heard hbox can be a real ****) and she started the whole westballz adderall thing with no proof. Ive seen hbox at tourneys but never had the urge to go up to him.
Raccoon Chuck Raccoon Chuck : Had the pleasure of speaking/trolling her to evaluate her character and have deduced it to be similar to one of a delusional tumblr sjw.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hungrybox can be douche-y at times, but no less douchier than our favorite douche, Leffen.

And yeah, Mango's SO tends to start a lot of **** where there doesn't need to be any.

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

My passion for Mango as a player will probably never die, even if he becomes the equivalent to DFW's Melee scene, I'll still love him

mangoBANGER

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacob29

Smash Ace
My life:

Last week I tried to update my video drivers. Nvidia refused to let me, for no reason. No error code, nothing. I kept trying, managed to try a workaround, and it promptly decided to start. It uninstalled the old drivers, started installing the new, updated ones, then decided to just stop, again for no reason, with no error code, leaving me with no video drivers and only one functioning monitor. Which was locked into the wrong aspect ratio, and would not allow me to fix it. It took me another hour to actually trick the driver installation to occur without the Nvidia software's help, which it apparently is supposed to use, because it would constantly fail. I ended up with drivers installed, but they are again the outdated drivers that are at least two releases behind. I am not going to attempt to upgrade them again for a while.

Aaand then two days later the CMOS battery in my motherboard started dying, making me late for class since the clock on my computer began running slow.
Sounds like me fam.

I have the most annoying tech issue and I have no idea what it is, nor does anyone I've ever spoken to, nor does anyone on any video game forum.

I've asked like a billion people about it and nobody has any idea wtf is going on.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So the EGL USF4 tournament couldn't pay out winners

They blamed Verizon, but in the contract Verizon only gave money for the event, not payouts. The EGL twitter is deleted.

Esports babbyyy

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So the EGL USF4 tournament couldn't pay out winners

They blamed Verizon, but in the contract Verizon only gave money for the event, not payouts. The EGL twitter is deleted.

Esports babbyyy
That's how we do the esports. I'm gonna go see if Faze will accept me for my 1337 palutena's bow trickshots.

Speakin' of shooters: Has blizzard said anything on Overwatch lately?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
ESL, you say the prize money was stolen from the room and then blame somebody who had access to it with a known drug problem as the scapegoat.

Smashers figured that one out years ago.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So finally got my internet back on at home after a month plus of being without it. Oh man time to grind online again and lose myself in vids again. Also need to figure out what streaming services to find for my family now since we got rid of cable in our house to save money and no new age tv's with digital receivers in them so can't watch local stuff ATM.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So finally got my internet back on at home after a month plus of being without it. Oh man time to grind online again and lose myself in vids again. Also need to figure out what streaming services to find for my family now since we got rid of cable in our house to save money and no new age tv's with digital receivers in them so can't watch local stuff ATM.

Hail, 'tis a warrior of legends long past from story unto inspired ruin! Hark the return of the prodigal son!!!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
its in the trailer, and its in the first episode released sunday Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222

honestly the gfy doesn't do it justice, its so much better with the sound

"another one"
"ex tastu?"
"oh Absolutely" *gives the scar look to camera*

Top Bottom