• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
Interview for a manager position at work tomorrow. If I don't get it I'm likely to spiral into an existential crisis.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What do you mean? Doesn't Dota 1 still have a sizable community? There are things Dota 1 has over 2 iirc.
I don't think so, not anymore of the publicly hosted games.

Yeah Dota 1 is like Melee, Dota 2 is evil

I'm not sure if it has anything "over it" aside from using Wc3's inspired graphics and design. The trees man, they're not the same, nothing is.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so, not anymore of the publicly hosted games.

Yeah Dota 1 is like Melee, Dota 2 is evil

I'm not sure if it has anything "over it" aside from using Wc3's inspired graphics and design. The trees man, they're not the same, nothing is.
Didn't they just have the Dota 2 Internationals with a stupid crazy high reward for first?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@Umbreon @bec CORY CORY Strong Badam Strong Badam

Hey guys. Let me know if you're all doing something together sometime soon and if it'd be okay if I tagged along or something. You guys are all awesome and I'd like to see you all one more time before I'm gone by the end of October. :3

I'm actually gonna be going back home to Virginia since a lot of things have just gone wrong living wise here with my job and my roommate and I just can't keep going like this and digging myself into a bigger hole that I can't get out of. Gotta go back and take care of things I should have done before so I can be more self-sufficient.

But yeah. I just wanna see you guys again before I leave. :<

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
It's even worse than expected.

Ok so some posts have been moved around. I only noticed that because I like to revisit old pages for laughs.

for example this post

used to be post #90000 in this thread. now it's #90013

Grats on new post #90000
b-but I mashed f-5 so hard to get post 90000 ;~;

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Wait, when did @Odds_ become PMDT? How long was I gone?
He's always been pmdt, just incognito.
b-but I mashed f-5 so hard to get post 90000 ;~;
Sucka!!!!
@Umbreon @bec CORY CORY Strong Badam Strong Badam

Hey guys. Let me know if you're all doing something together sometime soon and if it'd be okay if I tagged along or something. You guys are all awesome and I'd like to see you all one more time before I'm gone by the end of October. :3

I'm actually gonna be going back home to Virginia since a lot of things have just gone wrong living wise here with my job and my roommate and I just can't keep going like this and digging myself into a bigger hole that I can't get out of. Gotta go back and take care of things I should have done before so I can be more self-sufficient.

But yeah. I just wanna see you guys again before I leave. :<
: o damn, sucks it didn't work out well for you : ( I don't really have any plans (or time for extra stuff that I know of...) for a while due to school entering the scene : /

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i don't know how to handle myself

i'm like a bicycle with no rider--driven forwards only by the WHEELS of STEEL

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Streaming Ocarina of time Master Quest with Umbreon. Doing a Black Gauntlet run.
I don't even know what a Black Gauntlet run is but

here I am stuck in Master Quest in the room in the Great Deku Tree with all of the graves having no idea what to do

you guys are too good at video games ;_;

Last edited:

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I don't even know what a Black Gauntlet run is but

here I am stuck in Master Quest in the room in the Great Deku Tree with all of the graves having no idea what to do

you guys are too good at video games ;_;
Press the switch and take out your deku stick and quickly go to one, deku stick will get on fire and you can burn the webs.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Streaming Ocarina of time Master Quest with Umbreon. Doing a Black Gauntlet run.
http://hitbox.tv/StrongBad come chill with us
+1 for repping hitbox and also have fun getting bombchu's through dodongo's cavern.

I don't even know what a Black Gauntlet run is.
It's a glitch that allows you to get special colored gauntlets while doing a set of pretty convoluted steps.

Black gauntlets especially since to preform the glitch you can't get the goron bracelet which ****s over your bomb usage aside from bombchus.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
+1 for repping hitbox and also have fun getting bombchu's through dodongo's cavern.

It's a glitch that allows you to get special colored gauntlets while doing a set of pretty convoluted steps.

Black gauntlets especially since to preform the glitch you can't get the goron bracelet which ****s over your bomb usage aside from bombchus.
we got them from jabu jabu's belly actually

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
holy hell wrastor and kragg are ridiculous
Seriously, though, pretty much everyone in this game is ridiculous.

Wrastor has huge juggles and several jumps alongside incredible horizontal movement in his slipstream.

Kragg has huge smashes and disjoints alongside a stellar projectile and a super-armor comboing side special and an up special that creates a huge ****ing pillar wherever you want.

Forsburn can obscure the stage with fog so you never know where he is and clone himself to combo you where you don't even know which one he really is, and his recovery can teleport through the stage itself.

Orcane can teleport to a location whenever he wants, teleport horizontally with a hitbox, juggle insanely well with huge kill power off the top, and power up smashes to get disjoints that are like 2 times longer than the character itself.

Maypul can juggle practically any character off the top with a helicopter upair that conserves her upward momentum to push herself even higher whenever she wants and an upB that will kill off the top, alongside stage control plants and the ability to tether to a seeded enemy whenever she wants to punish a mistake from basically any distance, while also doubling smash attack punishes with the seed by binding an opponent with a smash and then getting the same smash charged up but with extra damage already there, too.

And then there's Zetterburn, who gives DoT with a frame 2 shine, a projectile, and by literally just setting a portion of the stage on fire, and the DoT also increases the damage and knockback of all of his smashes to the point where he can kill at like 60%.

I think everyone should be viewed as ridiculous right now. Low tier or high tier is still a silly distinction to be jumping to. I think Zetterburn is really good, but I also think everyone has pretty ridiculous options that have such little development right now that it's impossible to say who is really ridiculous in comparison to the rest of the cast. I mean, Orcane kills Wrastor with uair at like 60%. Maypul can easily juggle Kragg to death off the top with well-place uair combos into an upB using platforms. Forsburn has a pseudo Ken combo and can combo with a clone. Kragg can upB through his brick and hit you with the pillar, then the brick shards, then upsmash you off the top while you're still in hitstun.

I dunno. I'm a scrub, but in my small amount of time with the game, I've seen people claim Kragg is OP, seen people claim Zetterburn is OP, Orcane is OP, Wrastor is OP... I think, especially for a beta, things are in a pretty nice spot right now. There's good counterplay for most everyone. It's a really engaging experience, and I don't really think anyone is that much more overwhelming than anyone else at this point in the meta's development.

/2cents

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Seriously, though, pretty much everyone in this game is ridiculous.

Wrastor has huge juggles and several jumps alongside incredible horizontal movement in his slipstream.

Kragg has huge smashes and disjoints alongside a stellar projectile and a super-armor comboing side special and an up special that creates a huge ****ing pillar wherever you want.

Forsburn can obscure the stage with fog so you never know where he is and clone himself to combo you where you don't even know which one he really is, and his recovery can teleport through the stage itself.

Orcane can teleport to a location whenever he wants, teleport horizontally with a hitbox, juggle insanely well with huge kill power off the top, and power up smashes to get disjoints that are like 2 times longer than the character itself.

Maypul can juggle practically any character off the top with a helicopter upair that conserves her upward momentum to push herself even higher whenever she wants and an upB that will kill off the top, alongside stage control plants and the ability to tether to a seeded enemy whenever she wants to punish a mistake from basically any distance, while also doubling smash attack punishes with the seed by binding an opponent with a smash and then getting the same smash charged up but with extra damage already there, too.

And then there's Zetterburn, who gives DoT with a frame 2 shine, a projectile, and by literally just setting a portion of the stage on fire, and the DoT also increases the damage and knockback of all of his smashes to the point where he can kill at like 60%.

I think everyone should be viewed as ridiculous right now. Low tier or high tier is still a silly distinction to be jumping to. I think Zetterburn is really good, but I also think everyone has pretty ridiculous options that have such little development right now that it's impossible to say who is really ridiculous in comparison to the rest of the cast. I mean, Orcane kills Wrastor with uair at like 60%. Maypul can easily juggle Kragg to death off the top with well-place uair combos into an upB using platforms. Forsburn has a pseudo Ken combo and can combo with a clone. Kragg can upB through his brick and hit you with the pillar, then the brick shards, then upsmash you off the top while you're still in hitstun.

I dunno. I'm a scrub, but in my small amount of time with the game, I've seen people claim Kragg is OP, seen people claim Zetterburn is OP, Orcane is OP, Wrastor is OP... I think, especially for a beta, things are in a pretty nice spot right now. There's good counterplay for most everyone. It's a really engaging experience, and I don't really think anyone is that much more overwhelming than anyone else at this point in the meta's development.

/2cents
yeah, i can get behind a lot of that.

wrastor has great juggles that make him look like jigglypuff + falcon + marth all in one character, but it is kind of difficult to learn setups when people start di-ing your stuff, and that's probably a reasonable weakness of his, even with how much mobility wrastor can use to follow up

kragg is the ganondorf of this game in that you have to respect him, and when you do, you can zero to death him like nobody's business because you can exploit his recovery. he has a really stupid air game for a big bodied character though; i swear up-air and nair are just unfair against people who aren't used to trying to find ways to come down.

zetterburn is only dumb in my opinion for one reason and one reason only: you can play him super lame. like, i thought i saw how maypul had to play at one point, which was kind of lame, but really it was the plant being a trap, and that's a lot more cool than what a few zetterburns have done to me day 1 of playing. he's probably got the fox complex of the best neutral in the game, and i swear it's hard to punish his recovery, even though it's pretty damn bad. also, god, his mechanic is obnoxious. but there are fun zetterburns, and seeing how he'll develop as a pseudospacie will be interesting imho.

then we have the three i think might be a little underrated whenever i hear talk on streams for the game. forsburn is really strong, but you have to know the character to make it work, and his recovery without smoke is...well...super predictable and punishable. he also has the weirdest kill setups. kind of like a more precise marth, but with the potential to ice climbers you out of nowhere? i see how he could be really good, it's just so far i've got more questions than answers.

similar to maypul, actually. she's got a pretty sick trap game with a lot of range and options, but her kill setups are also so precise...they hardly compare to the first three characters i mentioned because they require so much awareness. it's like playing snake, but infinitely harder because you don't really have explosives to work with; just a really precise whip. she seems like she's going to be crazy when people tear her meta wide open on full release, though.

and then there's orcane. orcane is pretty cool and has his (?) own little set of juggles, but...i'm not actually as impressed as i thought i was going to be. the puddle mechanic is essential to recovery, but it feels so awkward to set up at times. also his aerial game seems a lot less simple to me than most other characters in this game, with the ground game being a give or take as well. nutty potential as well, but...idk, man.

when i loaded up the game today, i did some tests and immediately settled on investing time into wrastor and zetterburn, then switched to kragg once and fell in love with his zone control. so now, as my sig says, i'm playing kragg/wrastor in an attempt to be a zoning, juggling monster. techchasing people in this game has been so easy, but that's probably just my online queue putting me with weird people who aren't used to experienced smash players.

(keeping in mind, of course, that i too am a scrub.)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Kragg is more like Bowser then Ganondorf tbh.

Super doped up Bowser on steroids.

Otherwise he wouldn't have felt like second nature from playing the game the little bit I did from how I've kinda been pocketing Bowser in Project M recently rofl.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
If "hamster pile" was "run the gerbil..." Oh man.

Also, did you ever ask hotel bae out on a date?

Smooth Criminal
yes, she couldnt make it cuz of her kids, but then we havent been able to reschedule for another day cuz we dont have matching schedules ;-;

The details of G3 haven't been announced yet have they?
Not sure yet, they announced the venue and date, but then they took down the page for the event.\

you guys know what i just remembered, that time i asked a friend to show me their ass, and then they ****ing did, and got mad cuz i wouldnt show them my ****

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I really ... really ... don't want to live anymore.

It feels kind of nice admitting that somewhere. I can't really say that to my friends without feeling like complete garbage.

Because like, on top of the 18 years of severe abuse from my parents that left me ****ing broken, depressed and non-functional, the one person who I loved most in the world, who lifted me up and made me feel like the future was worth clawing through the day for again, left me a little more than a month ago. And can't look me in the eye anymore. Why?

Because my best friend of five years ***** me in front of her

And it's hard for her to deal with (this is said without sarcasm or malice. She has been through hell as well.)

Oh yeah when recounting this story I always forget the part where my surrogate father / high school teacher turned out to be a child molester. It seems like a footnote at this point, that hit me early in the year.

So you know, I used to think my life was ****. Then whatever little I had completely fell the **** apart and I'm spending each day searching for reasons to continue to the next.

... Yeah.

Don't hit that button if you don't want to be hit with something heavy. Just had to get that off my chest.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

It feels kind of nice admitting that somewhere. I can't really say that to my friends without feeling like complete garbage.

Because like, on top of the 18 years of severe abuse from my parents that left me ****ing broken, depressed and non-functional, the one person who I loved most in the world, who lifted me up and made me feel like the future was worth clawing through the day for again, left me a little more than a month ago. And can't look me in the eye anymore. Why?

And it's hard for her to deal with (this is said without sarcasm or malice. She has been through hell as well.)

Oh yeah when recounting this story I always forget the part where my surrogate father / high school teacher turned out to be a child molester. It seems like a footnote at this point, that hit me early in the year.

So you know, I used to think my life was ****. Then whatever little I had completely fell the **** apart and I'm spending each day searching for reasons to continue to the next.

... Yeah.

Don't hit that button if you don't want to be hit with something heavy. Just had to get that off my chest.
if you need someone to talk to about this kinda stuff, PM me and i'll give you my number.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

... Yeah.

well, you're not complete garbage. you're not garbage by any means or count, at all. i'm sorry your friends aren't able to help you, even if by just listening to your problems and trying to just be there, but by all accounts, the things you stated happened to you outside of your control. i don't have much that can help aid the situation other than rather trite "just stick with it, things will look up eventually" type statements, which probably don't help, but if it is possible do try to find some type of counseling or therapy to help you get through and work past your past (no play on words intended, it was just the simplest way to phrase it...). even if it's just a school counselor, if you have access to that, see what help you can get.

and like i said, abuse isn't your fault, even if it might have felt like it : ( try not to internalize it and blame yourself for anything that might have happened like that.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Don't undersell how strong you are. Remember that, you've survived, you fought, and you're still here.

Take days one at a time. Find small things you enjoy. Go play some video games, take some time off. Re-discover what makes you happy.

You're strong.

Remember that.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
"your playstyle kinda ruins the game tbh" - da netplay god

#dddproblems

HTML:
      [1:50.45am] yursaman my neutral with gnw beat your marth tho :)
•     [1:50.50am] krushingrip not really lol
•     [1:50.55am] krushingrip i put on 200% more damage
•     [1:50.57am] yursaman it literally did tho
•     [1:51.00am] krushingrip all you did was gimp me lol
•     [1:51.21am] yursaman well the neutral game leads to the punish game and ill leave it at that
•     [1:51.37am] krushingrip how do i block you
•     [1:51.48am] yursaman loooool no add me so we can practice
•     [1:51.52am] krushingrip no
•     [1:51.59am] yursaman you wont get better if you dont practice
•     [1:52.07am] krushingrip i wont learn anything from your playstyle
•     [1:52.12am] krushingrip no one else in the world plays like that lol
•     [1:52.14am] yursaman learn to be patient
•     [1:52.21am] yursaman the top dedede players do
•     [1:52.29am] yursaman ripple, big d, l pag
•     [1:52.32am] yursaman all camp
•     [1:52.44am] krushingrip ive played good DDDs
•     [1:52.48am] krushingrip they dont need to camp to win lol
•     [1:52.57am] yursaman have you played any of those players
•     [1:53.01am] krushingrip no
•     [1:53.04am] yursaman exactly
•     [1:53.14am] krushingrip but i've played a DDD who outplaced ripple at a tournament soo
•     [1:53.20am] yursaman who?
•     [1:53.27am] krushingrip 9k+1
•     [1:53.31am] yursaman omg lol
•     [1:53.36am] yursaman are you being serious
•     [1:53.48am] krushingrip ye
•     [1:53.54am] yursaman 9k is a troll lol
@Ripple is this true? lmao

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
"your playstyle kinda ruins the game tbh" - da netplay god

#dddproblems

HTML:
      [1:50.45am] yursaman my neutral with gnw beat your marth tho :)
•     [1:50.50am] krushingrip not really lol
•     [1:50.55am] krushingrip i put on 200% more damage
•     [1:50.57am] yursaman it literally did tho
•     [1:51.00am] krushingrip all you did was gimp me lol
•     [1:51.21am] yursaman well the neutral game leads to the punish game and ill leave it at that
•     [1:51.37am] krushingrip how do i block you
•     [1:51.48am] yursaman loooool no add me so we can practice
•     [1:51.52am] krushingrip no
•     [1:51.59am] yursaman you wont get better if you dont practice
•     [1:52.07am] krushingrip i wont learn anything from your playstyle
•     [1:52.12am] krushingrip no one else in the world plays like that lol
•     [1:52.14am] yursaman learn to be patient
•     [1:52.21am] yursaman the top dedede players do
•     [1:52.29am] yursaman ripple, big d, l pag
•     [1:52.32am] yursaman all camp
•     [1:52.44am] krushingrip ive played good DDDs
•     [1:52.48am] krushingrip they dont need to camp to win lol
•     [1:52.57am] yursaman have you played any of those players
•     [1:53.01am] krushingrip no
•     [1:53.04am] yursaman exactly
•     [1:53.14am] krushingrip but i've played a DDD who outplaced ripple at a tournament soo
•     [1:53.20am] yursaman who?
•     [1:53.27am] krushingrip 9k+1
•     [1:53.31am] yursaman omg lol
•     [1:53.36am] yursaman are you being serious
•     [1:53.48am] krushingrip ye
•     [1:53.54am] yursaman 9k is a troll lol
@Ripple is this true? lmao
Sounds like my little sister when she plays.
"You're obviously cheating and no fun to play against"

Bleck

Smash Master

... Yeah.

if you need someone to talk to about this kinda stuff, PM me and i'll give you my number.
Reiterating Tink-er's offer.

Top Bottom