• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Man, the 2012 Judge Dredd film...
Command: "Do you require backup?"
Dredd: "No."
Perfect.

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain to me how to not get shield grabbed? It is apparently a pretty low level thing to do, but I always get caught by it? The only way I can sometimes get around it, is if I cross up their shield but that's all I know.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Can someone explain to me how to not get shield grabbed? It is apparently a pretty low level thing to do, but I always get caught by it? The only way I can sometimes get around it, is if I cross up their shield but that's all I know.
to further expand on player -0:

late hit aerials will give you maximum frame advantage, since the shield stun occurs when you're closer to the ground.

your main icon shows fox, so for him, dair *should* be safe on shield, in conjunction with shine, pretty much all the time if you lcancel (since it multihits all the way down, timing for a late hit isn't as important).

just make sure you're also hitting the shffl properly, as you'll need as little air time as possible to be safe on shield. fox can't always space outside of grab range with his aerials, but that's where shine comes in, letting you force them to respect it (and thus, stay in shield for it) or get hit by it.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Also with Shield grabs, most people don't expect it because of how low level it is. More would expect shine grab, DD grab, jab reset to grab, etc

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
What's a good capture card I can get to rewatch and analyze my gameplay? Doesn't need to be a streaming capture card though because god knows i can't do that with my unreliable connection

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
That story would be better without God being so damn condescending. "Oh, you couldn't possibly understand The Grand Plan so I won't explain it. Your questions are so stereotypical and small-minded."

Better yet, we are all part of a collective consciousness that is known as God already so his character is redundant.

Last edited:

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
What's a good capture card I can get to rewatch and analyze my gameplay? Doesn't need to be a streaming capture card though because god knows i can't do that with my unreliable connection
From what I've heard the Aver Media Live Gamer Portable is supposed to be pretty good. I'm not an expert on these things tough.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
**** BrawlBox.

When someone makes a stage-making tool that's actually user-friendly, then I'll be satisfied. But nobody has, so I'm not.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
**** BrawlBox.

When someone makes a stage-making tool that's actually user-friendly, then I'll be satisfied. But nobody has, so I'm not.
are the guides not good enough

it's how i half-learned to make brstm loops (but i'm not very good at them and most of the time i ask someone with a better ear than me to help out)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
are the guides not good enough

it's how i half-learned to make brstm loops (but i'm not very good at them and most of the time i ask someone with a better ear than me to help out)
The guides might as well be written in gibberish. This goes for any and all tutorials I've tried to look up, too.

Standalone BRSTM editor takes care of my music needs, but there's nothing to take care of everything else I need.

I can't even figure out how to do an edit as simple as just taking the top platform out of Fountain of Dreams (to match the E3 2001 prototype as an alt, if you're wondering why). It's that inaccessible to me.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
You're modifying files of an already built 3D game. I don't know what you were expecting, but even then BrawlBox is as user-friendly as it can get. The way things are organized in folders, editing things in a 3D viewer...

If you find this difficult yell at Nintendo, not at BrawlBox.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You're modifying files of an already built 3D game. I don't know what you were expecting, but even then BrawlBox is as user-friendly as it can get. The way things are organized in folders, editing things in a 3D viewer...

If you find this difficult yell at Nintendo, not at BrawlBox.
What frustrates me is that everyone else and their dog can use it perfectly.

It's like there's nothing that DOESN'T make me feel totally inadequate...

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What frustrates me is that everyone else and their dog can use it perfectly.

It's like there's nothing that DOESN'T make me feel totally inadequate...
No one was born with BrawlBox knowledge nor Brawl modding knowledge as a whole. If you want that much to do something eventually you'll find a way to do so as long as you don't give up.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Just watched Akira.

Disappointed in a way. Had I not read it a few years back, I would've been out of it for the most part. It moved so fast and didn't give enough time to the characters or even some of the events. I guess that's to be expected of a couple of thousand (?) of pages crammed into two hours. Still worth the watch tho. It was incredibly beautiful visually and retained the feel of the original really well. Gave me the chills at some points. The awesomeness it could've had but didn't have time for...

And I guess I can see the influence it's had, even though I haven't watched/read that much cyberpunk and the like. On the other hand I have read anything older of the genre (except in a way some Astro boy...), so what do I know.

Top Bottom