• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's gotten pret-tay damn far in development. It's even been added to Anther's Ladder.

I MAIN Goku and see where you're coming from; so many people dismiss it (and insult its players) without even trying it just because he's there. So yeah, I have plenty of reason to punching bag that monkey,
too.
I used him and it is pretty fun but does it have external controller capability? Playing on a keyboard sucks

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I used him and it is pretty fun but does it have external controller capability? Playing on a keyboard sucks
XPadder or, if you're not willing to pay, Joy2Key. Even the devs recommend both programs very frequently; set it up right, and you even have functioning analog stick controls. (That's actually the sole purpose of the "dash" button in the control setup; to map to a certain sensitivity level of an analog stick.)

The Mayflash Wii U/PC GameCube adapter works brilliantly with it.

Of course there's also Valve's Steam Controller coming out with native keyboard mapping, but that's not out yet.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
XPadder or, if you're not willing to pay, Joy2Key. Even the devs recommend both programs very frequently; set it up right, and you even have functioning analog stick controls. (That's actually the sole purpose of the "dash" button in the control setup; to map to a certain sensitivity level of an analog stick.)

The Mayflash Wii U/PC GameCube adapter works brilliantly with it.

Of course there's also Valve's Steam Controller coming out with native keyboard mapping, but that's not out yet.
How long did they work on it for, because it is actually pretty extensive of a flash game. For real like A +

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Muscle

Senpai

What a juicy contradiction. Do you want Grey Belnades Grey Belnades 's brain to short circuit?
This name isn't just for show haha, you can go to the gym thread and my stats are on there I know what I'm talking about. Weeaboo nerd at heart, jacked /fa/ outside. But yeah, haven't really spoken with him much but he seems chill

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
How long did they work on it for, because it is actually pretty extensive of a flash game. For real like A +
It's been in development since 2007. I've literally grown up with it, watching it grow from its earliest stages and I'm really excited to see what it's become.

It was originally going to be a lot more flash-game-y and loosely based on Brawl (which was then yet-to-be-released), but as it got more and more popular and detailed, the creator decided to gradually up the quality to the point where there was a total revamp in 2010. Now what was just one guy's for fun project is now a dedicated team whose ultimate goal is for it to stand on its own as a complete fanmade amd unique-feeling Smash installment.

It's finally nearing completion, too. The upcoming (though don't ask when) Beta Release is going to be the final demo before they start working on the full version.

And I really do mean "don't ask when". The fanbase is notoriously impatient.

View attachment 74686

There's two kinds of people...

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Its so weird hearing people talk about rivals as they just get into it because I've been messing around with it on Zman's playtester builds for like a year

Game is a lot less jank than it used to be, i'll tell ya. Zetterburn has gotten nerfed hard since some older builds. As a whole kill moves got a lot less specific, so you can actually kill off stray hits now (before your characters kill moves would kill at like, 85, but nothing else could till like 200)

"release" foresburn was broken af guys. Absa is still bae, Probably wont buy the steam release till shes in. Wrastor is cool but has marth syndrome if you cant get specific setups, but movement of the gods. Maypull/Orcane are a lot of work, I think maypull is really underwhelping while orcane is really good. Kragg is Parry Bait but hits like a truck.

but really guys, Absa is bae. Zelda/M2/Pikachu with weak rob laser on an ftilt.
Zetter is stil jank and kills at 50% if the opponent is on fire, on top of fire doing a ton of burn damage

Forsburn is really underwhelming, clone is too weak and dies because it's stupid 75% of the time, smoke is too easily dissipated so you cant lay down much, and his only reliable kill outside of baits/reads with f/dsmash is his smoke explosion. The angles and hitbox placement on his u and f smashes sux.

If I or any other Squirtle player decides to play Orcane they're gonna nerf the **** out of him lol, he has a ton of 1:1 Hydroplane stuff and it's better cause his smash frame data is great

Edit: @Binary Clone forgot to mention it with my other impressions, but wavedashing just feels tacked on.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Zetter is stil jank and kills at 50% if the opponent is on fire, on top of fire doing a ton of burn damage

Forsburn is really underwhelming, clone is too weak and dies because it's stupid 75% of the time, smoke is too easily dissipated so you cant lay down much, and his only reliable kill outside of baits/reads with f/dsmash is his smoke explosion. The angles and hitbox placement on his u and f smashes sux.

If I or any other Squirtle player decides to play Orcane they're gonna nerf the **** out of him lol, he has a ton of 1:1 Hydroplane stuff and it's better cause his smash frame data is great

Edit: @Binary Clone forgot to mention it with my other impressions, but wavedashing just feels tacked on.
Burnsy has been a playtester/orcane main for actual years

take from that fact what you will

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Burnsy has been a playtester/orcane main for actual years

take from that fact what you will
Year"s"? July of last year is when I remember it getting notice on here.

Also listening to Radiohead's discography multiple times and growing appreciation was easy enough (except when trying to listen to it while I was sad from a break up, then it becomes too powerful and uncomforting), but now I'm REALLY testing myself with Death Grip after watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK54P7VeM1g (and I also remember years ago during a Kings of Cali that Lovage on commentary mentioned he was fan of them I think)

I can appreciate it from the start in a couple ways, but the more I listen to it or read the lyrics the more I just feel like it really is filth.

But yeah then there's also this

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
SpiderMad SpiderMad Duuude I totally feel the same way about Radiohead. Listening to them after breaking up feels ****in disturbing.

What's your favorite album? I love The Bends.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i had a dream last night that i was kick omgreys ass at a game i dont even play

oh wait, i forgot that actually happened

:^)

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades you goin to genesis 3? u down to get shrekt again son?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
SpiderMad SpiderMad Duuude I totally feel the same way about Radiohead. Listening to them after breaking up feels ****in disturbing.

What's your favorite album? I love The Bends.
Yeah reminded me of this https://youtu.be/8af0QPhJ22s?t=853 , except I'm pretty sure I could handle any NIN while emotional more or less fine. Not that I'd want to exactly listen to Hurt while I'm grieving, but I'd be a lot more comfortable with it than Radiohead which was and still is foreign to me with Thom Yorke sadly moaning abstractness. Also: With Teeth is my fav. NIN album, with The Fragile in 2nd (which is 9bit's favorite, and apparently he could care less about With Teeth).

Hail to the Thief. I burned that and Kid A for my Dad (both our cars only got CD players, no Aux or anything). The next I'd burn him if he likes them is In Rainbows (which was Prog's favorite on his AMA, which is why I decided to check out all the stuff he likes). All the other albums I don't care for too much. You'd "think" The Bends would be the safer bet for my Dad given he usually likes mainstream rock and hasn't gotten into any of the weirder stuff yet (I want to burn him The Avalanches -Since I left you, sometime) like I've been doing for years, but I still feel like the albums I mentioned outshine it. Part of it is I feel like I've already listened to The Bends or Pablo Honey from hearing them at places or over the radio, and they're all just decent songs and remind me of Sound Garden at times (say for like My Iron Lung) and similar to Sound Garden I don't like how they were recorded quality wise or something. The albums I previously mentioned though sound like they were recorded better and have more uniqueness and power (though I still always feel like I need a palette cleanser of something with actual discernible lyrics and upbeatness after listening to them for too long).

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
shh shh daijobu desu daijobu desu. I do it for you *******.
I feel my humanity slowly slipping away.

i had a dream last night that i was kick omgreys *** at a game i dont even play

oh wait, i forgot that actually happened

:^)

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades you goin to genesis 3? u down to get shrekt again son?
I'm like the Momochi of fighting games. See me in Shaq Fu. Loser retires from life forever.

But yeah, I am. I'm kinda sad I'm not going to be able to travel to NJ but I'm glad I don't have to travel far for G3.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Morning guys, just woke up so I missed your morning shenanigans, but 100% would bro with naked bro.
Side note: Last night downloaded that HD texture pack for TP, damn dat **** look good bruh

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
MMm so after 2 days of texting I'm not starting to think about backing off texting everyday, seems a bit overboard lol. Will probably text her Friday or something I guess

We're supposed to meet up with a friend to study japanese next wednesday (heres hoping he actually comes because if he doesnt it might be super awkward wednesday) but it would feel awkward (to me at least) to not text her until then but its really hard coming up with ideas to talk about. Havent texted her since this morning and havent got anything back so it seems okay for now

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Drakarx, just follow these simply rules for texting girls, never text right away when you get a message wait at least like 5-7 minutes if shes's texting you fast, a little less if she's responding the moment she gets it. Never double text, if she doesn't respond to your text don't respond to the text unless you get one back first, if anything let her be the last response, you can text a goodnight if you really want to more than likely get one back to get things awkward. Try to get her to talk a lot without texting paragraphs. Also if you can Snapchat her, girls like to use it to text and are likely to respond cause ho's love getting their score up.

Top Bottom