• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

tfw cold

tfw you went straight to work right after school today, working until 12:30

tfw getting the same hours of sleep as I did on Sunday night

kill me

Bleck

Smash Master
I'll take any opportunity to plug this article by a close friend of mine.
1) I don't think I trust anyone who quotes the Myers-Briggs personality scam with any ounce of seriousness to handle education reform

2) your friend's perception of psychological structure is based on pseudo-science and their ideas aren't efficient

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Josh your friend doesn't sounds like a very edge case as far as ADHD goes. I have it as well, and my education was nowhere near as tumultuous. I would call an inability to prioritize classes to such a degree a character flaw. Blaming the system for that kinda stuff is just nonsense. No one should use their mental disorders to justify their misdemeanors. Self-pity gets one nowhere. ADHD is not some impossible hurdle, it just means he was a **** student.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
If you preorder Mario Tennis Ultra Smash from the Nintendo UK store you get a red Luigi plush.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Rivals is awesome.

Flaming Wolf is OP as hell (right now). Fireball -> dash attack -> fsmash hits like 70% of the time (not guaranteed) but it's absolutely devastating. I haven't played anybody that could so much as take a game that wasn't also using Zetterburn.

That said, everyone is using Zetterburn. He's fairly easy to use, and is very, very powerful. He's also fairly difficult to edgeguard, because the hitbox on his upB is surprisingly huge and nobody has much in the way of disjoints, so the most you can hope for is a trade most of the time.

I don't think he's actually OP, but fireball sucks and is dumb, especially in a game where there aren't shields that you can use to easily play around projectiles. He basically nullifies dash dancing, and especially in online play where there's lag, it's pretty hard to parry it consistently. That'll probably change soon, though, as people get better.

I mean, it's basically Wolf's laser, except with much less lag, so you don't have to SH/waveland it all the time, but it shares the starting hitbox, and it does DOT, too. In a game without shields, at release day where nobody is good, fireball is kind of dumb.

But as people start to actually get good I think people will realize that Forsburn and Kragg are also just as dumb in a lot of ways. Forsburn can freaking clone himself. Combos are devastating enough in this game, but when you can just summon another character to combo for you, the potential for destruction is insane. I can't wait to see people get good with using the clone. He also has Sheik upB with an ending hitbox and less landing lag, and can do that insane disjointed power attack once he absorbs his fog.

Kragg's upB is really the only thing about him that feels dumb, but the rest of the character functions so well in general that it may turn it around. He can just summon a huge rock pillar whenever he wants, at whatever height he wants. Seriously, if you're trying to juggle him, he can just upB, knock you up to him, and then usmash and you die. It's a mixup, because it's really risky to do, but it's still insane. Where it really gets weird is his recovery, because he can basically just double jump, upB, then sit there for however long he wants, since he has his double jump back and everyone can walljump. He's really hard to edgeguard, and since he's so heavy, that makes him harder to kill by a good bit than anyone else. He can also use it to edgeguard others, since you can just put up a wall in front of the stage. I think that just straight up murders a couple of characters, because if you don't have a hitbox that will break through it, you're just ****ed.

Anyway, Rivals is a ton of fun, everyone is bad right now, and Zetterburn is definitely most popular at the moment.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I've been playing a bunch of Fire Emblem 7x (Immortal Sword). Anybody know of any rad romhacks or other FE games like it? It's the only one I've found that's actually really really good.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Rivals is awesome.

Flaming Wolf is OP as hell (right now). Fireball -> dash attack -> fsmash hits like 70% of the time (not guaranteed) but it's absolutely devastating. I haven't played anybody that could so much as take a game that wasn't also using Zetterburn.

That said, everyone is using Zetterburn. He's fairly easy to use, and is very, very powerful. He's also fairly difficult to edgeguard, because the hitbox on his upB is surprisingly huge and nobody has much in the way of disjoints, so the most you can hope for is a trade most of the time.

I don't think he's actually OP, but fireball sucks and is dumb, especially in a game where there aren't shields that you can use to easily play around projectiles. He basically nullifies dash dancing, and especially in online play where there's lag, it's pretty hard to parry it consistently. That'll probably change soon, though, as people get better.

I mean, it's basically Wolf's laser, except with much less lag, so you don't have to SH/waveland it all the time, but it shares the starting hitbox, and it does DOT, too. In a game without shields, at release day where nobody is good, fireball is kind of dumb.

But as people start to actually get good I think people will realize that Forsburn and Kragg are also just as dumb in a lot of ways. Forsburn can freaking clone himself. Combos are devastating enough in this game, but when you can just summon another character to combo for you, the potential for destruction is insane. I can't wait to see people get good with using the clone. He also has Sheik upB with an ending hitbox and less landing lag, and can do that insane disjointed power attack once he absorbs his fog.

Kragg's upB is really the only thing about him that feels dumb, but the rest of the character functions so well in general that it may turn it around. He can just summon a huge rock pillar whenever he wants, at whatever height he wants. Seriously, if you're trying to juggle him, he can just upB, knock you up to him, and then usmash and you die. It's a mixup, because it's really risky to do, but it's still insane. Where it really gets weird is his recovery, because he can basically just double jump, upB, then sit there for however long he wants, since he has his double jump back and everyone can walljump. He's really hard to edgeguard, and since he's so heavy, that makes him harder to kill by a good bit than anyone else. He can also use it to edgeguard others, since you can just put up a wall in front of the stage. I think that just straight up murders a couple of characters, because if you don't have a hitbox that will break through it, you're just ****ed.

Anyway, Rivals is a ton of fun, everyone is bad right now, and Zetterburn is definitely most popular at the moment.
But how's Flaco?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Rivals is awesome.

I'll bop ya zetter whats your steam name

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
But how's Flaco?
I haven't really played him. From what I've seen playing against him, he's not actually very good. He's very light, and in this game, recovery doesn't matter nearly as much as weight, because killing off the top is pretty easy for most characters. His aerial smashes are interesting in concept, and his projectile is decent, but it feels more like it limits his movement instead of accentuating it, to me.
I'll bop ya zetter whats your steam name
You probably will. If you're in the Southwest we'll probably get a good bit of lag, though. There was one guy I played where my inputs took over half a second to register. Did not play that one out.

My Steam name is the same as my name here, hit me up. I've got to go to classes now but we'll definitely play sometime.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
I've been playing a bunch of Fire Emblem 7x (Immortal Sword). Anybody know of any rad romhacks or other FE games like it? It's the only one I've found that's actually really really good.
Dream of five and Elbian nights are defiantly on par with immortal sword.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
qt girl didn't get in my japanese class, no one dropped :(

Wouldn't be so bad if I had seen her at other places around campus, or had her last name so I could find her on facebook or something (why is it so hard to search for people on a site that specializes in trying to track people?!?!?!). Such is life...
Welp a miracle happened

Turns out she was the person who used to get on the bus during the winter, as she came on it yesterday morning. After we got off the bus I walked up to her, asked if she was tyring to get in Japanese class, she says yeah, then I asked for her number and she gave me it! We texted each other pretty much all day yesterday, she seems pretty cool.

Now I just need to know how to continue with the conversation last night, or find another subject to talk about... Maybe I'll ask her about getting a study session going and we'll move on from there

In other news Wrastor is my bae, the racoon character is cool too but has shiek tier recovery and I dont know how helpful the tangling mechanic is

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm going over a friend's later tonight to play it.
Hopefully with a bit of elbow grease, I can get biweekly for it going.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
How good is Rivals of Aether? Should I get the early access version or should I wait until it is out of early access?
Definatly get it now, it will be cheaper. The game itself is solid, and I havent run into any bugs yet

That being said character balance is a little wack compared to pm/melee. You kill way earlier (80% ish) unless you're zetterburn, in which case you just kill people at 60% if they're on fire

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
oh also guys I have mono

nobody kiss me please and thank you <3
oh god I hope you get through it okay. i had mono my freshmen year of college and it ruined my last two months of my spring semester- i seriously can't remember much of what happened during those two months i was so sick.

make sure you eat lots of green veggies, drink lots of water and get as much sleep as you can. maybe even pick up some zinc for good measure. hopefully it won't last too long for you dude!

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
How good is Rivals of Aether? Should I get the early access version or should I wait until it is out of early access?
Definatly get it now, it will be cheaper. The game itself is solid, and I havent run into any bugs yet

That being said character balance is a little wack compared to pm/melee. You kill way earlier (80% ish) unless you're zetterburn, in which case you just kill people at 60% if they're on fire
This man is correct. It's worth getting now.

I don't think balance is as whack as it might seem, I think everything is just awfully underdeveloped. Zetterburn is good because he is fast with a projectile and almost entirely straightforward with a good combo game and decent recovery.

Kragg is somewhat similar. But many of the other characters have oddities and complexities that I think are a lot less immediately obvious and will require a lot more work to get the most out of.

Zetterburn still looks like the best to me right now, but that's a very surface level observation.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This man is correct. It's worth getting now.

I don't think balance is as whack as it might seem, I think everything is just awfully underdeveloped. Zetterburn is good because he is fast with a projectile and almost entirely straightforward with a good combo game and decent recovery.

Kragg is somewhat similar. But many of the other characters have oddities and complexities that I think are a lot less immediately obvious and will require a lot more work to get the most out of.

Zetterburn still looks like the best to me right now, but that's a very surface level observation.
Zetter has all of that on top of killing earlier with fire. The fire giving so much to his smashes is really the only thing about him that really strikes me as too strong. It should be toned back so that he doesnt kill so early seeing as how easy it is for him to set people on fire.

Top Bottom