• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
man i wrote this fire acoustic riff last night better make it like a bridge in my 20 minute drone metal tracks

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Consider yourself lucky, or not.

t guess if you are really plugged into this site and use all the tabs it could be a nice convenience but if you don't regularly use 8 of them like me, it isn't all that useful. The homepage and forum list at any time is sort of made useless by this thing called the back button. I'm not messing with my profile all that often either so that isn't a bonus.

I hear an option is coming to disable it though so it's all good.
I don't have to scroll to the top to check notifications. And plus I might use it to leave the social thread one day.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Holy **** my roommate is either the most boring person in the world or hates me.

I think it is the latter but he never speaks badly of me. I want to take a real interest in him but he has none.

I almost want to come out and ask if he has any interests at all and if he does why won't tell me them.
He doesn't hate you, he barely even knows you. He's likely just a quiet person. People naturally tend to treat strangers similar to how they would like to be approached. If he's an introverted person, he'll simply assume you'd like to be left alone as well. Same with people who are incredibly social; they'll act energetic towards you because of course, they love that kind of attention from others, why wouldn't you?

I can only speak for myself as I was the same way for a while, and even still to a degree. I didn't want to come across as nuisance by starting a conversation (yes, I considered talking to someone as bothering them) so I simply stayed quiet unless I had to or had something worthwhile to say. Everyone interprets silence differently. Some people think it's simply because you're shy and they act friendlier. Others assume it's because you're so arrogant, you think they aren't even worthy of speaking to, so they get angry.

You don't have to be best friends with your roommate. This is the biggest misconception for people rooming together for the first time, because they end up having unrealistically high expectations about the relationship. One person goes in thinking they're going to end up being the best of friends, while the other roommate prefers to have his own space and spend time with his own friends. This mismatch in expectation can cause a lot of friction in the relationship early on. I've rarely ever been buddy-buddies with my roommates, and I can't think of many others that were that didn't fight a lot. We were simply people who lived together and respected each other, that was it. We weren't buddies, but we were still bros. If one of us was going to party the others didn't know about, the others were asked if they wanted to come. If someone needed the room for sex, they text the others in advance to avoid awkward walk-ins. So don't worry if your roommate seems to quiet. Just stay friendly, open up to him and try to get him to open up as much as you can, and don't sweat it.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
This morning he told me I missed all my classes, when I had another 15 min till my 8:00.
So I guess he has a personality.

I've tried to figure out what he is into. All I know is that he spends lots of time on 4th floor and nobody on our floor ever sees him. Spends lots of time with seniors there. I asked what his interests/favorite things are but he literally says he just likes to talk and hang out with friends. I asked him what common interests he shares, but he literally said that proximity is the key factor in who his friends were at home.
He browses Reddit a lot. I ask,"What is your favorite sub?" He says all of them. fuuuuu
He listens to lots of music on Spotify all the time but doesn't have a favorite band or genre, just hates country and doesn't play any music. I suggested a music listening/sharing society or club to him as something he could start, and he expressed interest, that's all.
No sports or clubs.
Likes Civilization but I asked him more about it and he says he just doesn't play much anymore.
Is a Libertarian.

Basically an enigma. Aside from political views, as usual, those are transparent.
He is "I have no strong feelings either way" the person.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I didn't even get to round 2 of DT applications this time around. I look forward to the next version when DDD is the worst in the game.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hey
This video is really interesting. Does anyone know if this is true for all games. Or is it different in PM, Melee, or Brawl?
I want to be the mashter.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DDD doesn't need a whole redesign. I could write a whole thing about how I could make DDD a trap character with waddles but people don't want that.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Hey
This video is really interesting. Does anyone know if this is true for all games. Or is it different in PM, Melee, or Brawl?
I want to be the mashter.
Someone will make one for Melee eventually. PM/Brawl on the other hand has a bunch of crazy shet

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Maybe they want somebody who has extensive ideas about the game and not just their one character?
I mean, on top of Odds_ Bowser redesign, he also felt strongly about overall design things like homogenizing rolls, techs, and sidesteps.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever mained a fatty has called for the improvement of spot dodges seeing as how they couldn't get away from grabs, and anyone who plays a brawl character other than ike has called for the improvement to tech rolls since most if not all brawl characters have **** tier techs.

those things were not unique to odds.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm digging the new avatar, CORY

edit: huh, there is a lower caps cory too

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Hey guys. I just made this post on my FB page, but I wanted to share it with you guys, too.

After this first day of classes as an upperclassman, it's really kind of strange to think back to last summer. After my freshman year, I wasn't in a particularly good place. I didn't really meet anyone that year. Certainly nobody that I really regularly saw outside of classes, or met with over the summer again. I'd recently cut out of my life my best friend of several years. My girlfriend and I broke up. My aunt died. I had to put my dog down, who had been around since I was in Kindergarten. My job plans for the summer had fallen through. I was over 5'10" and weighed only 130 pounds.

Then, I found something new. I decided that I'd try to help start a club. A club for a game that I started playing on a Christmas at my grandparents' house, after I got one of the best gifts I could've gotten - Smash. Through this club, I met an abundance of great people. Where only a dozen people even knew who I was freshman year, suddenly I was part of, even helping to lead, a community of scores of other students. I made some wonderful friends, and started engaging myself with the community, not just at Northwestern, but in Chicagoland, too.

These friends have pushed me to better myself, helped me grow as a person, and made me much, much happier in all aspects of my life. Recently, some of them helped me to start working out, too, and since the start of the summer, I've gained 10 pounds, and am now up to a much-healthier 145.

Through this community I've found so many friends, in person, through messageboards, in passing at tournaments or in friendly games hosted in a player's apartment. I even met my girlfriend at a tournament.

I suppose what I really want to say is thank you. I've only been a part of this community for a short while, but already I find myself running a regular tournament series, in a position as president of the Smash Club, and organizing gaming events at the school. This community has helped me find a part of myself again.

To everyone who has made this community what it is, especially those now so close to me, thank you.

I love you all.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The new Rick and Morty episode wasn't as good as I hoped, there were a few bits that were funny but it felt more filler than anything the show has done really.
To be fair the show is supposed to have a more standalone, watch-in-any-order episode feel compared to other shows (as to not alienate new viewers), so it doesn't really promise enough of an overarching story such that having filler would be a con.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Hey guys. I just made this post on my FB page, but I wanted to share it with you guys, too.

After this first day of classes as an upperclassman, it's really kind of strange to think back to last summer. After my freshman year, I wasn't in a particularly good place. I didn't really meet anyone that year. Certainly nobody that I really regularly saw outside of classes, or met with over the summer again. I'd recently cut out of my life my best friend of several years. My girlfriend and I broke up. My aunt died. I had to put my dog down, who had been around since I was in Kindergarten. My job plans for the summer had fallen through. I was over 5'10" and weighed only 130 pounds.

Then, I found something new. I decided that I'd try to help start a club. A club for a game that I started playing on a Christmas at my grandparents' house, after I got one of the best gifts I could've gotten - Smash. Through this club, I met an abundance of great people. Where only a dozen people even knew who I was freshman year, suddenly I was part of, even helping to lead, a community of scores of other students. I made some wonderful friends, and started engaging myself with the community, not just at Northwestern, but in Chicagoland, too.

These friends have pushed me to better myself, helped me grow as a person, and made me much, much happier in all aspects of my life. Recently, some of them helped me to start working out, too, and since the start of the summer, I've gained 10 pounds, and am now up to a much-healthier 145.

Through this community I've found so many friends, in person, through messageboards, in passing at tournaments or in friendly games hosted in a player's apartment. I even met my girlfriend at a tournament.

I suppose what I really want to say is thank you. I've only been a part of this community for a short while, but already I find myself running a regular tournament series, in a position as president of the Smash Club, and organizing gaming events at the school. This community has helped me find a part of myself again.

To everyone who has made this community what it is, especially those now so close to me, thank you.

I love you all.
ilu2

Top Bottom