• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
which one's the grappler

that one's neat

I bet it's Kragg

Kragg 4 Prez
Yeah, as Plate said, there aren't any grabs.

Closest thing to a grappler would probably be Maypull. She has traps that she can set that'll catch an opponent and immobilize them temporarily, or she can like tether over to them, stuff like that.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
To be fair the show is supposed to have a more standalone, watch-in-any-order episode feel compared to other shows (as to not alienate new viewers), so it doesn't really promise enough of an overarching story such that having filler would be a con.
That's true, and the Beth and Jerry subplots are kind of in a rut... just like their marriage. Wubba lubba dub dub!

But I would say season-wide character development is a thing that I like about the show. Morty in Big Trouble in Little Sanchez is not the nervous character of season one. He has a lot more confidence. Summer is now very integrated into the adventures and has more depth to her character. Rick's drinking is attributed to his depression and the dread of a limited mortality. If you watched the later episodes first then the first few episodes of just adventures would feel more fillerish than the rest probably.

As to this episode, Rick was bored in the hospital and decided to watch tv. It was the subplot this time not the main one. Summer's comment on the juvenile violence confirms the writers realize what it comes across like and then Morty yelling at her is their response.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Last episode of Overlord is out, if anyone else likes that kind of weeaboo trash.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
But Overlord is good weeaboo trash. Also it's only 12/13 we still in there

Also why is it so cold all of a sudden with the 30 degree temp swings? Christ global warming get your game together

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Waddle Doos shooting electricity at you consistently after landing would be a scary mechanic. But it sounds fun and much less broken than ZSS's old paralyzer move.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I finally lost to a non-Zetterburn. Pretty good Orcane. It was interesting, went 2-1.

PlateProp PlateProp I'm curious as to what your general ideas of the game are. Who do you main? Where do you think all the characters stand relative to one another?

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
But Overlord is good weeaboo trash. Also it's only 12/13 we still in there

Also why is it so cold all of a sudden with the 30 degree temp swings? Christ global warming get your game together
I merely reference it as weeaboo trash because all anime is weeaboo trash regardless of personal taste. Sad that it's really not doing all that well, it's like down near the bottom according to popularity. Prison school is one of the more viable shows for an S2.

In terms of weather, please give me the cold I'll give you this disgusting southern California heat every day of the week.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Oh, I got that navigation tab following me around now. Seems more useful on mobile than on desktop, as long as it isn't resource intensive...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I finally lost to a non-Zetterburn. Pretty good Orcane. It was interesting, went 2-1.

PlateProp PlateProp I'm curious as to what your general ideas of the game are. Who do you main? Where do you think all the characters stand relative to one another?
I've been playing Forsburn alot, he feels real good. Probably will dabble in orcane at somepoint (he has baby ez squirtle hydroplane tech lol).

The game is a bit weird, I dont like that they divided smash and regular attacks but that's probably a limitation of some controllers not having analog inputs. Wall jumping seems inconsistent, but I havent dabbled much in it.

As for characters, they all seem to have kind of dumb aspects that are solid except maybe Fors, who's option is sketchy. Zetter is really good on top of having fire that makes him kill even earlier, Wrastor is nuts but relies on having his wind tunnel out. Orcane is gonna piss people off if Squirtle players pick this up because alot of his stuff is 1:1, but he has better options out of his RAR (he can bair, or use strong fair to attack with the butt hitbox which I think is a kill move) on top of being able to slide all his smashes forwards out of pivot (Squirtle can only do his usmash without having to full turnaround) AND the puddle gets scooped if he slides over it while charging. Maypul's got shiek dash attack that auto comboes into her utilt into ez setups, and Kragg has pillar that can just combo breaker the moment he's out of hitstun (I think it should lose the hitbox after a certain height). Forsburn is kind of underwelming in comparison, but I believe the most balanced atm. He's very Marth like, requiring dash dance stuff, but has a harder time killing unless you have his smoke explosion charged as I havent found anything that really comboes into his smashes. Means you have to sort of hard read/bait them out, though smoke helps. His side b clone is sometimes really good, but in my experience it kkind of just zerg rushes the opponent and dies too easily (Should give it 2 hits instead of dying to one) but when it gets its **** together it gives great stage control. Pretty sure it's possible to ken combo with him, but you'd have to go kind of below and get behind the opponent after fair chaining them because the spike is on the backswing

Overall, the game feels pretty solid for a 0.0.2 public beta.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
What bonuses does Wrastor get in the wind tunnel? I know he has increased dash attack distance and movement speed but what else?

And Maypul's tether thing with her smash attacks has screwed me up so hard, Ive missed like 3 stocks in my 5 games of playing her due to me forward smashing and not expecting the entangle. Not too sure what the point is of it aside from up special bringing her to the marked target's back

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Its so weird hearing people talk about rivals as they just get into it because I've been messing around with it on Zman's playtester builds for like a year

Game is a lot less jank than it used to be, i'll tell ya. Zetterburn has gotten nerfed hard since some older builds. As a whole kill moves got a lot less specific, so you can actually kill off stray hits now (before your characters kill moves would kill at like, 85, but nothing else could till like 200)

"release" foresburn was broken af guys. Absa is still bae, Probably wont buy the steam release till shes in. Wrastor is cool but has marth syndrome if you cant get specific setups, but movement of the gods. Maypull/Orcane are a lot of work, I think maypull is really underwhelping while orcane is really good. Kragg is Parry Bait but hits like a truck.

but really guys, Absa is bae. Zelda/M2/Pikachu with weak rob laser on an ftilt.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Of course baka. =^-^= I'll be you waifu 4 laifu <3
But if I catch you with someone else -snip- D:<
desu~~~~
i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you drank that medicine i gave you this morning

maybe both

Bleck

Smash Master
Phony Phanto is my attempt at bringing back an old enemy that I'm pretty sure everyone hates.

8F37-0000-0062-807B

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Eh!!! A maid outfit?! W-Well okay... It better not be lewd
oh it's very lewd

to elaborate on the whole "meditation is pretty chill" thing, joke aside:

i've been taking a meditation class this semester and so far i've felt like it's done me a bit of good in the stress/tolerance department. things that used to bother me have, over time, stopped bothering me, or don't nearly bother me as much. it's helped me see what i need to do with myself to feel comfortable and accomplished in life without necessarily overthinking things. it's also helped me not get so irritated with smash and have fun with it again, amongst other social things.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Self-reflection and stuff like that are generally good for letting go of residual anger and getting better at not accumulating too much of it in the first place, yes.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I posted this in the Melee social because it primarily concerns Melee, but... I've caused a few incidents here, too. So I'm going to repost here.

I have an apology to make.

More than a few times, I've snapped at the slightest mention of Melee... to keep up appearances. I was angry at the spur of the moment during the booing incident at Apex '15, that became what people had come to expect of me, so I felt like I had to keep playing the part so I wouldn't be seen as a hypocrite.

In the process, that made me a hypocrite.

I've started to notice that this is a pattern for me; not just in Smash related things. Everywhere. It's about time for me to start setting things right, starting here. I'm really sorry.

I mean, it eventually got so bad that it turned to flat-out lying. I didn't get literally bored to sleep during Evo '14 like I've been claiming; in fact, I was watching pretty intently.

While Melee's still not my favorite game, that's just personal taste. I don't dismiss it and its tournaments entirely, and I never should have started lashing out at it like I did. Especially when it was over an opinion that I'd stopped even holding.

Seriously, I feel disgusting.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
That's true, and the Beth and Jerry subplots are kind of in a rut... just like their marriage. Wubba lubba dub dub!

But I would say season-wide character development is a thing that I like about the show. Morty in Big Trouble in Little Sanchez is not the nervous character of season one. He has a lot more confidence. Summer is now very integrated into the adventures and has more depth to her character. Rick's drinking is attributed to his depression and the dread of a limited mortality. If you watched the later episodes first then the first few episodes of just adventures would feel more fillerish than the rest probably.

As to this episode, Rick was bored in the hospital and decided to watch tv. It was the subplot this time not the main one. Summer's comment on the juvenile violence confirms the writers realize what it comes across like and then Morty yelling at her is their response.
Oh, for sure. I greatly appreciate continuity and character development on the occasion the writers go that way.
Speaking of Big Trouble in Little Sanchez, I was actually impressed with how the Beth and Jerry B-plot there was actually interesting for once, and as a friend of mine pointed out it was even the more sci-fi centered of the two stories in that episode. Also the Gravity Falls Easter egg is cool.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
I played RoA today too

Surprisingly, Orcane is bae, though I still need to touch Kragg before anything conclusive

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Lol I forgot about that flash game, just played it right now just to give myself the satisfaction of a ken combo on goku.
Yeah, it's gotten pret-tay damn far in development. It's even been added to Anther's Ladder.

I MAIN Goku and see where you're coming from; so many people dismiss it (and insult its players) without even trying it just because he's there. So yeah, I have plenty of reason to punching bag that monkey,
too.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I meddled around with a playtester build early this year but this is my first time playing Rivals in 8~ months so I'm interested to see how characters have changed. Really intrigued as to how fun Maypul is to play.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
i downloaded a smash app called smashamino and the first thing i see in a OP character discussion chat is fox isnt OP
well, that was fun
at least this has project m tags in it better than twitch already

Top Bottom